Aden/Nicole

well, how boring would the world have been if everybody did agree with each other...... <_<!!!!!

The act with Tam (which aired on Norwegian television just a couple of months ago, so I remember it well!) was just an act to hide his problems..He wanted to show the world that he was a girls man, and let his friend film him and Tam. Tam was drunk at Aden wasn't, he was in control and he didn't let it go to far, they were just kissing and fooling around, but people around was supposed to think that it was more than that. Aden was just all act at those times.

And I don't think it's strange that he treat Liam this way, he saw Liam sell drugs to kids! I do believe in second chances and I have actually thought that some on this board don't believe in that when it comes to Aden and then suddenly want Liam to get a second chance. But the difference between those two is that Liam have more "hidden" behaviour. He is supposed to start a new life, but do not contact his ex-wife and son. He is an adult - much older than Aden. And the episode with Romeo was just disgusting! what kind of message do the writers send! When you are in a situation like that it is your duty to call an ambulance! But no, they just justified that with that Liam is an earlier addict and was afraid to get caught with the drugs, and they didn't really go into this at all! I think it looks that Liam isn't trying very hard to change, but I do hope he will though. Aden is more about barking and getting angry and saying bad things, but Liams actions are a lot worse. who did cheat on Nicole instead of joining her at the formal???

But I do think that the writers didn't do the right thing to go down this road, they started to write Aden as obsessive with nicole just a few weeks after Belles death, that dragged him down. I don't think that it is Nicole alone, but those two together doesn't seem right for me. But I did like Nic until Roman left. And there are characters who are far more overrated than Aden and who have had far more storylines too like Charlie.

And I also think it was wrong to totally downplay Aden after belles death, he hardly was in it for a couple of months. He just had a few scenes were he was snapping at people. But when Morag moved in with him we didn't see any scenes with those two together which was a shame because he slowly came around and started to act more friendly and moved on. But that was just like how 09 season was, a lot of interactions between the characters were off-screen, and we had just all those over-the-top and speculative storylines. A lot of Tony and Rachel making up scenes happened off-screen too.

Yes, he was terrible to Geoff a couple of years ago (in current ep. on Norwegian tv), but Geoff have done a lot of things which have been covered and not been discussed in the show.. He wanted Aden to be blamed for killing all the sheep he killed. Just awful.. and he wasn't punished for it, nobody told him that it was wrong.. He believed that Annie was abused by aden, but when she revealed that she had lied, he didn't appologise. And Geoff was not kind to Aden after Belles death. And he said to Aden that he wasn't thinking about anybody else than himself, but what??? Who was running from home and dropped out of school?? Nobody told him how wrong that was. Geoff has always been painted as the saint no matter what he has done. Sad.n But I would have liked if Aden had appologised for his earlier behaviour towards Geoff and Annie, that would have been good. And they actually are supposed to be friends now. I want the characters to regret their wrong actions more, both aden and Liam. But I do think that all of those characters are interesting in their own way, thats the reason why I am discussing them. I would say that it isn't many tv shows which have so many different characters, not soaps... And maybe thats why I am watching now and then. And I do think that the characters from the last 2-3 years are intersting, depite all the stalker storylines, some of the characters have really been very good.

well well... But how we see things differently is just funny, I think :rolleyes: And I am almost ashamed of myself, a person of my age shouldn't been commenting a character of a television show all the time :lol: How tragic :lol::lol: so this old grumpy one, from the corner of the world is going to bed now, something I should have done long time ago.

Edited by jodlebirger

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, seems we've moved on to discussing every wrong thing Aden, Geoff and Liam have ever done. So, here goes:Geoff first.Maybe I notice it more because I disagree more but I think there's just as much of a tendency to portray Aden as a saint and give Geoff a load of flack than the other way round. Geoff poisoned the farm's sheep.He'd just found out that he and Annie had been lied to and manipulated their whole lives, trapped in a life neither they nor their parents wanted for them and effectively robbed of their inheritance by a guardian who refused to see outside his own tiny corner of the world.He was desperate for a way out and did the wrong thing.He wasn't legally punished but for pity's sake, he was shot, that's a pretty severe punishment.I don't think there was any real danger of Aden being blamed:I think he had an alibi and as soon as Annie asked Geoff straight out he admitted to it.Yes, he ran away after Belle died and that wasn't the best way to deal with it, but he realised that himself after a few days and that he needed to support other people instead of just thinking of himself.Yes, he dropped out of school but there's no point him staying there if he can't concentrate, it doesn't hurt anyone else and he can always go back at some point in the future.The likes of Irene and Nicole tried the nicey-nice approach with Aden and just got abuse in return. Geoff's "tough love" approach might seem hard but frankly it was the way most likely to get through to him.

I really don't think Liam's ever been a drug dealer, the girls the police pulled in said that he gave them the drugs which is consistent with what we've seen:He gave Belle a bag of pills when they first met, he offered to share his stash with Nicole after the funeral.He's hardly a model citizen but he's hardly a moral deviant dragging kids into a life of crime either.He made a bad call when Romeo overdosed but he was panicking and thought people would blame him for something he didn't do, as Aden already was.(And let's not forget it happened because Romeo and his friends effectively broke into the house and trashed the place, so there was plenty of fault to go round.)Once he stopped panicking, he did make sure Romeo got medical treatment and having Aden take him to hospital instead of calling an ambulance probably didn't cause a significant delay.And he did go and see Romeo the next day and apologise, which seems to be the important thing.I agree they seem to have forgotten about his wife and son in order to make him a regular, there was a suggestion of a restraining order but it was all rather vague.

Aden's hatred of Liam seems to have more to do with the fact he is/was close to Belle and Nicole than drugs.He was the same with Angelo, who at that point had done nothing worse than trying to uphold the law Aden was intent on breaking and dating his ex.(He was pretty nasty to Belle until she agreed to sleep with him again as well.)He accused Angelo of attacking Belle, just as Geoff accused him of attacking Annie.He tried to attack him in a police station, obviously wanting to do him serious harm, which no-one seemed to care about because his girlfriend was in hospital and that apparently makes it all right.He tried to get him locked up without trial, even though he was staying clear of them as per his bail conditions.And when he found out he was wrong, not a word of apology.If you really do want to go right back to the beginning, he lied to the police to get Ric into trouble, he lied to the police to get Cassie into trouble, no apology, no punishment.You can say you don't like how Aden's behaving.You can say you don't like him and Nicole as a couple.You can say you don't like Nicole as a person.But don't say she's responsible for a monumental and disastrous change in his character.He's just being Aden, only less so.If anything she's smoothed off a few of his rough edges.

I agree it's a bit soon after Belle's death for him to have feelings for someone else but at the end of the day it happens when it happens, no-one chooses when they fall in love again or how long after their wife's death it is.What you do about it is, of course, in your power:Aden could do what Leah did when she found herself attracted to Miles, acknowledge the feelings but put them aside because it's too soon, but frankly he's not that mature.And personally I'll feel a bit cheated if he does...

Aden never lied to get cassie in to trouble - it was Simon Jeffries, Adens cousin if you are thinking about the car accident.. And he was also pressured by his brother to lie to the police about Rics attack, and then he after a while told Cassie the truth. Well, a lot of the characters have done a lot of wrong things, also aden. But he is far away from the worst, his actions are in the open and they are never "hidden" by the writers. We do have a dirty cop in the bay - who is going to be made a hero I think. Tony and Charlie also did terrible things because of what they had been through but they never got punished for what they did...

But I think I have to leave this discussion here, because we are just going to repeat ouselves to death :rolleyes: I think I just have to accept that you dont agree with me :lol::lol:

his actions are in the open and they are never "hidden" by the writers.

But sometimes Aden acts like he is above Liam because hes never done anything wrong , thats hypocrisy at its best and tries to think hes better than him when really Liam hasn't done anything nearly as bad as Aden has. I know people will disagree with me but Liam in contrast to Aden is a nice decent human being. Maybe its only because people haven't taken to Liam yet but I bet someday they will.

Aden never lied to get cassie in to trouble - it was Simon Jeffries, Adens cousin if you are thinking about the car accident.. And he was also pressured by his brother to lie to the police about Rics attack, and then he after a while told Cassie the truth. Well, a lot of the characters have done a lot of wrong things, also aden. But he is far away from the worst, his actions are in the open and they are never "hidden" by the writers. We do have a dirty cop in the bay - who is going to be made a hero I think. Tony and Charlie also did terrible things because of what they had been through but they never got punished for what they did...

But I think I have to leave this discussion here, because we are just going to repeat ouselves to death :rolleyes: I think I just have to accept that you dont agree with me :lol::lol:

Okay, we never actually saw Aden lie to the police about the car accident.But what do you think happened?That he was going "Oh no, it wasn't Cassie, it was all my fault" and they just ignored him and took her to court anyway?That the police never bothered speaking to the alleged victim?Everyone in that car lied aside from Cassie and Matilda to hide the fact they'd been on drugs.Simon was the one who eventually had an attack of conscience and told the truth.I'm not sure how much pressure he was put under but he seemed quite prepared to tell anyone that listened that Ric had put him in hospital on purpose and had him charged with assault.He only told Cassie the truth after his brother had attacked Ric and Flynn in front of two police officers and his guilt was obvious.

The writers may not "hide" Aden's actions but they do tend to gloss over them, have everyone automatically forgive him and pretend he's not deserving of punishment.I agree they did the same with Tony and Charlie but their actions weren't as bad as some of Aden's in my opinion:Tony planned to kill Angelo but ultimately was too good a person to go through with it and Charlie ultimately was just trying to protect her daughter(in fact, I suspect she was behaving exactly how Aden wanted his father to behave, doing whatever it took to stop history repeating itself).But you're right, I think we do just have to accept we don't agree on some things.

This emoticon: <_< - can come across as a little hostile when directly addressing another member - pleas be aware of how you're using it.

Also just to remind everyone that this thread is for Aden and Nicole's onscreen relationship - whilst there is bound to be some crossover dicussion of just Aden, just Nicole, and probably of Liam too, please make sure that the thread doesn't stray too far from topic.

Thank you! :)

This emoticon: <_< - can come across as a little hostile when directly addressing another member - pleas be aware of how you're using it.

Also just to remind everyone that this thread is for Aden and Nicole's onscreen relationship - whilst there is bound to be some crossover dicussion of just Aden, just Nicole, and probably of Liam too, please make sure that the thread doesn't stray too far from topic.

Thank you! :)

oh, I'm sorry - didn't know that <_< this meant that... I thought it had an another meaning...

• 3 months later...

So, RIP Naden.Not sure if there's any couples on the show worth getting excited about now...

It was a relationship I wanted for a long time and it should have lasted a lot longer.I suppose the writers couldn't have done it any differently unless they were prepared to split Aden and Belle up and for whatever reason they weren't.Either way, I loved the first few weeks of the relationship. They were probably more happy and relaxed than I'd ever seen either of them which just proved why it should have been done years ago.Aden actually seemed to become a better person because of Nicole's influence, it's hard to imagine him extending an olive branch to Liam the way he did or being so understanding when she was too busy for the surprise he'd arranged for her at any other point in the past.

Unfortunately, it was around this time that the problems with the set-up began to show.It got to the stage where the relationship should have been developing but couldn't because Aden was leaving the show.So we got a few weeks when they seemed to be stuck in some sort of holding pattern, having the same conversations where one of them felt insecure about the relationship and the other one reassured them or hanging out talking about nothing.

Then Aden's departure storyline started up and their interaction practically dried up completely. Aden was having all his scenes with Justin and Nicole was given the Britt storyline to keep her distracted.The scene where it all came back together and Nicole found out about Aden burying his father demonstrated just how much we'd missed them together as she was understandably furious but also supportive.It demonstrated why, as she told Justin, she'd never have let Aden give himself into that mess if she'd known what was going on and how she was the person with the best chance to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Unfortunately, she let Justin undermine her confidence and decided that because Aden wasn't doing cartwheels when his father was dead and he knew that he'd messed up again that meant that he was unhappy living in Summer Bay and she was ruining his life.So she broke up with him, even though it was clearly not what either of them wanted.I accept that other people won't agree with this interpretation but I think that Aden could have loved Nicole, maybe even did love her deep down, but he couldn't admit it, even to himself, because even with Belle's permission slip it would have felt like a betrayal if he'd said "I love you" to someone else.Maybe a bit further down the line he would have been at that place but she put him on the stop and humiliated him and he reacted in typical Aden style by pushing her away.She deserved better.

Of course if, when it's finally time for Nicole to leave, Aden comes back to town with his tail between his legs and tries to make it up to her, I'd be all for that...(Hey, I can dream.)

• 2 years later...

I adored these two as best friend's. They had such a strong bond!

Even after Belle died she left that note to Aden about moving out and who she wrote about Aden moving on with was Nicole. Even Belle knew they had a connection. Of course I loved Adelle but I do think Naden had a very cute friendship and it grew into a even better love. They were adorable as a couple I think♥♥