Aden/Nicole

no there is no offending and I can see why you guys are happy with Aden moving on. But I just cant see it. I cant see them lasting and one of the reasons is what jodlebirger pointed out! and also what was said about them not working out at the start was a very good reason but what I dont get.

Why do the writers always ruin a great friendship by getting them together, yes this is a drama soap but do all the best friends need to hook up every time and in fact... I dont think Liam is going to go down without a fight either!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at recent comments in interviews, I'm really hoping these two are going to be a proper couple, maybe even with the possibility of a reunion further down the line when he leaves, because if they're just going to tease us for months then have him leave without anything really happening I'm going to be so annoyed:They've done that for nearly two years.

It is a reason why they didn't put Nicole and Aden together earlier on. Their personalities and storylines were colliding. Aden with his history of abuse (and scared of intimacy) and Nicole who had learned that sex was the only way to get some comfort and confirmation of who she was (and that was not so strange if you see the epiosodes when her mother was in it..). For me they still don't work together, they are far too different. Aden needs somebody with more depth and somebody who is more secure. And in length Aden is far too boring for Nicole, she needs more excitement in her life. And she is still very "sexual" but also vulnerable, and he is still very insecure and emotional unstable.

I am very sure about that this relationship won't last. He is leaving and apparently she is not. But I really don't hope that this relationship will overshadow Adens exit storyline.

I disagree, I think their storylines and personalities would have meshed beautifully.The only real reason they didn't get together ages ago is because the writers(and probably a lot of the fans)didn't want them to.Think about where they were when they first met and more importantly where they went. Aden hooked up with Belle, who was no stranger to physical intimacy, confided in her about his abuse and learned to enjoy being close to her.Nicole hooked up with Geoff, who insisted on a celibate relationship, agreed to try things his way and learned she could feel a connection with someone without a sexual relationship.

Imagine if they'd ended up with each other instead.If, instead of pushing her away, Aden had chosen to tell Nicole about his past and why he wasn't comfortable with the physical side.If she'd realised that someone was trusting her completely for the first time and been prepared to take things at his pace. And when they finally slept together(which hopefully would have been more than a week later), he would have realised intimacy was nothing to be afraid of and she would have realised it was more special if it meant something instead of just being something you do.But no, the writers needed to find something for two other characters to do so they kept them apart.I always remember that scene when they bunked off school and confided in each other about their lives and just as I was thinking "Why aren't these two together?", they started insisting it would be a really bad idea.For me that episode showed they were perfect for each other and still are.

Personally I'm hoping the relationship doesn't get overshadowed by Aden's exit storyline...

I totally agree with RR1 on this topic.

For me Aden and Belle were such a random pairing. They didn't even like each other in the beginning and Aden always seemed to spend more time with Nicole having fun, and when he was with Belle they just seemed to have petty arguments.

For me Geoff was like Nicole and Aden's pet project with the bet and everything, and whilst he was beginning to like Nicole, she was scheming away with Aden... Very "Cruel Intentions" like. :lol:

In the beginning Aden did like Nicole but by the time she had come around to liking him, he had rejected her and got with Belle! :rolleyes:

And then Niff happend?! Well not complaining because I did like Niff whilst it lasted :wub:

Now Aden and Nicole can finally be together, I'm reeally happy. These two deserve a break. But am not happy that it looks like its not going to last long! <_<

For me Aden and Belle were such a random pairing. They didn't even like each other in the beginning and Aden always seemed to spend more time with Nicole having fun, and when he was with Belle they just seemed to have petty arguments.

For me Geoff was like Nicole and Aden's pet project with the bet and everything, and whilst he was beginning to like Nicole, she was scheming away with Aden... Very "Cruel Intentions" like. :lol:

In the beginning Aden did like Nicole but by the time she had come around to liking him, he had rejected her and got with Belle! :rolleyes:

And then Niff happend?! Well not complaining because I did like Niff whilst it lasted :wub:

Now Aden and Nicole can finally be together, I'm reeally happy. These two deserve a break. But am not happy that it looks like its not going to last long! <_<

That is kind of the problem. Nobody is going to be happy in the end. The hardcore Adelle fans are already angry that Naden are together, and they never got a happy ending for Adelle. The true Aden fans are annoyed that Aden is getting bogged down in a relationship storyline (I fall into this category <_< ). The Naden fans won't get a lasting relationship out of them. The Niff fans never got the reunion they wanted. And after this is all over, Nicole will be left in the show without Belle, Aden and Geoff, and a lot of viewers won't like her because of her involvement with Aden. Where is she going to go from there?

This thread is starting to get very repetitive in certain people's opinions - some people love them, some people hate them, but if you're not actually adding anything new to the discussion and are just repeating the same tired old opinions then that's spamming which is against the rules of the board. So please think before you post so that we don't have to step in! :)

for me, Nicole and Aden are a random pairing, just because they think there is no time to introduce a new person for Aden and they happens to know each other. And the writers seem to think that the characters have no right to be in the show if they can't couple them with anybody :blink: Friendship doesn't count on HAA. (just look at what happened to Roman, and when they tried to couple Geoff with Claudia without exploring the character first) I think that they have changed their history when they put these two together. All the talk that they did not suit each other as a couple did not count anymore. And, realtionships are about much more than having fun and flirting and teasing each other all the time! And sometimes Aden and belle really try to deal with the horrible things that were happening to them. But I think that the writers gave them too much trouble. And I think it was just because people liked Adens abuse storyline and then they gave them all the troubles they could think of, because they thought that people wanted that (and that is just how the last seasons have been --- too much of dramas, crimes) But with Nicole Aden suddenly have changed, he is not the deep character he once was. And I think it is better to have a couple fighting about their problems rather than ignore them (like Tony and Rachel). I liked Belle and Aden in the beginning. And it was not a random pairing because they were at the same age, and had been in the same class at school for years. And it's very common, especially in the teens, that you "deslike" a person, but the passion isn't far away... (huh.. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say). While I didn't like Adelle just because Belle got too many problems/storylines in her last 10 months in the show (all she did was hiding from everyone and lying), Aden and Belle had more depth and understanding than Nicole and Aden has. When Aden first met Nicole he just fancied her because she was a typical "hot" girl like boys normally look at. When he got with Belle, he learned to know her and started to love her for who she was. And that is what a relationship is about.

And Nicole and Aden has had a lot of arguments too. I would really like a single person on the show! And I would also like that a character could be single for a while after a divorce or a relationship break. It feels so repetative when a character is in a lot of relationships and life is about more than that! Because when two characters in HAA are together they always focus on that, breakups, fights, making ups. Single characters (esp. the guys) do have the best storylines, because then they can focus on the storyline and not the girls reaction all the time.

Edited by jodlebirger

I see what your saying. But just because Aden and Belle were the same age doesn't make it any less of a random pairing... :rolleyes: I don't want to be repeating myself... <_<

But Aden is also human and when we are with certain people its hard not to get a little bit influenced by them ... and even though the sensible thing to do would have been to keep him single for a while, the writers chose to do other wise, so until we see what they plan to do with these characters its hard to compare Naden to Adelle.

:ph34r:

I see what your saying. But just because Aden and Belle were the same age doesn't make it any less of a random pairing... :rolleyes: I don't want to be repeating myself... <_<

But Aden is also human and when we are with certain people its hard not to get a little bit influenced by them ... and even though the sensible thing to do would have been to keep him single for a while, the writers chose to do other wise, so until we see what they plan to do with these characters its hard to compare Naden to Adelle.

:ph34r:

But did Aden and Nicole just have to be with each other just because they lived together??? :blink::rolleyes: Her father took Aden under his wings because Adens family life wasn't excactly great. We have had a lot of these kind of "brother/sister"-like relationships through the years (especially in the last years with Ric-Cassie, Ric-Mathilda etc) and it was refreshing that they did something else with Aden and Belle. It was actually more realistic to me. I really dislike what they have done to Aden and Nicole, because a friendship is actually very important in everybodys life, but the writers seem to undermine that all the time! They should have made their friendship even stronger, without pairing them.

And I really agree with Diner Landlord in his post. And this is going to be my last comment on the topic for a while, because I am going to be repetative now. Foxy's post reminded me about that..

Edited by jodlebirger

That is kind of the problem. Nobody is going to be happy in the end. The hardcore Adelle fans are already angry that Naden are together, and they never got a happy ending for Adelle. The true Aden fans are annoyed that Aden is getting bogged down in a relationship storyline (I fall into this category ). The Naden fans won't get a lasting relationship out of them. The Niff fans never got the reunion they wanted. And after this is all over, Nicole will be left in the show without Belle, Aden and Geoff, and a lot of viewers won't like her because of her involvement with Aden. Where is she going to go from there?

damn you really hit the nail on that! :lol:

That is kind of the problem. Nobody is going to be happy in the end. The hardcore Adelle fans are already angry that Naden are together, and they never got a happy ending for Adelle. The true Aden fans are annoyed that Aden is getting bogged down in a relationship storyline (I fall into this category ). The Naden fans won't get a lasting relationship out of them. The Niff fans never got the reunion they wanted. And after this is all over, Nicole will be left in the show without Belle, Aden and Geoff, and a lot of viewers won't like her because of her involvement with Aden. Where is she going to go from there?

damn you really hit the nail on that! :lol:

Thank you. I just think they shouldn't have been paired up because at least some people would be happy in the long run. It would have been better to try to please the Adelle fans, the Niff fans, and the Aden fans, but instead they've only gone with what the Naden fans want, and for a very short time only. It's pointless.