Aden/Nicole

^I started off seeing the point of this but have ended up not agreeing at all.None of these groups are going to be happy whatever happens.Adelle fans aren't going to get a happy ending because she's dead.

Niff fans aren't going to get a happy ending because he's leaving.Aden fans...might get a happy ending but he'll still be gone.

And hey, all those groups have had their moment in the sun while Naden fans have had nothing but empty promises and a brief fling that really did seem to be denied to annoy everyone.We're owed this!

Maybe it does contradict the whole "we wouldn't work as a couple" idea but I never believed that in the first place, it seemed like the characters(or possibly the writers)were just trying to convince themselves.(I don't think we were ever even given a reason why they wouldn't work, except for a banal "We don't love each other"(which can change)or "We're both horrible people"(which...arguably has changed).)Aden was convinced he and Belle were destined to be so wouldn't acknowledge Nicole as an option, even though she clearly was, and Nicole just went along with it because she didn't want to lose him as a friend.

Edited by Red Ranger 1

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. I just think they shouldn't have been paired up because at least some people would be happy in the long run. It would have been better to try to please the Adelle fans, the Niff fans, and the Aden fans, but instead they've only gone with what the Naden fans want, and for a very short time only. It's pointless.

With regard to what RR1 said about Adelle fans not be happy because we didn't get a happy ending, that is true. But I can accept that I guess. My only hope was for Aden to be single for his remaining time on the show even though that seems impossible. But I really wanted to watch the rest of Aden's journey without him being pushed into a relationship, as that relationship would become the main focus. Aden has so much potential, his background could be explored more. I just think the writers don't want anyone to be happy because as DL said, in the end no one will really get what they want, in a sense that is good as they aren't favouring fan groups but if they didn't pair with up with Nicole then it would be close to pleasing everyone. I don't see why Geoff couldn't go back to Nicole :(

Well that's life I guess..... what seems pointless is how they build up storylines like the abuse....the importance of Belle and then turn around a do a backflip....I do not believe that Aden as a person, could move on in three months, watching him ... I just don't believe he would do such a thing. But it's a soap and things can be changed.

I haven't re watched where Belle says give this to Aden....but I was thinking maybe she said give these to Aden, meaning more than one page. The letter he got first was a few pages. Maybe she just meant "these" (pages).

I was an 'Adelle' fan and Naden don't bother me in the slightest. They've already ruined Aden as a character twice for me (the first time he slept with Nicole when Belle was in rehab and when he slept with the girl after Belle had died) so they can do whatever they like with him because they ruined all of the good work they'd done with him.

Isn't Geoff leaving before Aden? Surely the option of Niff happening again is as pointless as Naden.

I wish Aden would have left after seeing his family, again but that's not going to happen.

What I don't understand is why they didn't try and get Jess Tovey to stay on for a while longer or for Todd Lasance to leave earlier than he intended to so that they got a happy ending because lets face it we are due a happy ending. Surely Todd knew that he was planning on leaving ? and I am sure when Jess announced she was leaving he would've said he is feeling the same. They could have just set off to another country after finding out she is pregnant or something like that. I can't tell you how happy I would be if that happened and I was a huge Adelle fan because if it happened to JM then I would have been over the moon :( Or they could have easily had Belle leave the bay and break up with Aden and then by the time it came for Aden's exit I'm sure they could have gotten Jess to come back and film a scene where she comes back to the bay and tells Aden she forgot to bring him with her. That would have been a nice ending.

Do you guys maybe think that Naden ends up being a Brad/Sally kind of a thing ? Maybe they date for a few months and Aden still struggles to commit properly and just takes off....

I wonder how else he would just leave the bay ? Uni maybe ? Could be a Ric/Mattie kinda thing without the happy ending...

In regards to your post Steph about which fans they are pleasing I don't neccesarily think its much of a factor if any to be honest when writing a storyline and the outcome of a relationship. Well I know sometimes they may like to give a certain couple a happy ending but in regards to the whole Niff/Adelle/Naden saga I don't think they really planned on the Naden fans being of benefit. Anyway none of the above couples will have benefited from the outcome because

Geoff is leaving

, Belle's dead & Aden

is leaving as well!.

I really wish one of my couples could get a happy ending :( In 2009 we have seen the end of Jack & Martha, Aden & Belle , Geoff and Nicole - all the big 3 relationships at the end of 2008!! Now we are just stuck with Nicole & Aden, Tony & Rachel and Charlie & Angelo, oh and Annie & Romeo :rolleyes: In terms of couples I really don't want to get too involved in any of the new relationships that happen on the show because I am always left to pick up the pieces of the miserable outcome as do many many other fans. Then again thats how TV shows like H&A work but still it would be nice for one of the big long lasting couples to not die or break up :(

Anyway I am really interested to see what they have in store for Naden these next couple of months and to see how everything all pans out....

When you look at any of the "golden couples" throughout the history of the show (which, to my mind are Shane and Angel, Kirsty and Kane, Jack and Martha and Aden and Belle - that's not I thought they were all golden, but it's definitely how a lot of fans saw them) none of them have actually had a happy ending. Shane died, Kane and Kirsty split, Jack died and Belle died - it's just how these things work dramatically I think. A lot of people have mentioned Ric and Mailtda having a happy ending, but I think a lot more couple have had a happy ending when you look back over the history of the show - but the fact we probably don't remember them as much speaks volumes. I would imagine from a writing perspective, the 'biggest' couples deserve the biggest drama's - you've only to look at what happened during Angel and Shane's short marriage to realise that this has been the way for years!

I've been on this board for nearly six years now (that makes me feel old!!) and I've seen the demise of KK, JM and Adelle....and without fail, each and every time people have been saying "but the writers don't care about the fans, they should've had their happy ending, it isn't fair that they didn't" - so really what I'm trying to say is that what's going on in this thread isn't anything new, and it isn't anything personal.

The job of a writer is to provoke a reaction from the audience, to get them talking about the show - which is not necesarily the same thing as making the audience happy. Anyone who is a big Torchwood fan will know what I mean! :P

Regarding Aden and Nicole, I'm a little behind with my viewing so I haven't seen a lot of their 'relationship' - from what I gather they've kissed once, which in Home And Away land does not necesarily mean a long term relationship!! I did generally prefer the brother/sister set-up, but I'm not going to chastise anyone for putting them together romantically, it seems logical. So I guess I'm a little indifferent, but based on this thread I'd say the writers are definitely doing their job - people have definitely been provoked.

When you look at any of the "golden couples" throughout the history of the show (which, to my mind are Shane and Angel, Kirsty and Kane, Jack and Martha and Aden and Belle - that's not I thought they were all golden, but it's definitely how a lot of fans saw them) none of them have actually had a happy ending. Shane died, Kane and Kirsty split, Jack died and Belle died - it's just how these things work dramatically I think. A lot of people have mentioned Ric and Mailtda having a happy ending, but I think a lot more couple have had a happy ending when you look back over the history of the show - but the fact we probably don't remember them as much speaks volumes. I would imagine from a writing perspective, the 'biggest' couples deserve the biggest drama's - you've only to look at what happened during Angel and Shane's short marriage to realise that this has been the way for years!

I've been on this board for nearly six years now (that makes me feel old!!) and I've seen the demise of KK, JM and Adelle....and without fail, each and every time people have been saying "but the writers don't care about the fans, they should've had their happy ending, it isn't fair that they didn't" - so really what I'm trying to say is that what's going on in this thread isn't anything new, and it isn't anything personal.

The job of a writer is to provoke a reaction from the audience, to get them talking about the show - which is not necesarily the same thing as making the audience happy. Anyone who is a big Torchwood fan will know what I mean! :P

Regarding Aden and Nicole, I'm a little behind with my viewing so I haven't seen a lot of their 'relationship' - from what I gather they've kissed once, which in Home And Away land does not necesarily mean a long term relationship!! I did generally prefer the brother/sister set-up, but I'm not going to chastise anyone for putting them together romantically, it seems logical. So I guess I'm a little indifferent, but based on this thread I'd say the writers are definitely doing their job - people have definitely been provoked.

Yeah I agree with most of this.

As you said the 'big couples' always get the biggest dramas and usually they like to write one half of a big couple out with a lot of drama when they leave the show.Viewers will remember Belle for her heartbreaking death from cancer as they will remember Jack's shock shooting death because they we're both very sensational storylines and that is what makes us remember them so well. Its the same I think when one half of a couple dies a lot of viewers feel actually like they are also grieving for a couple they have loved for so long and this is what also makes them so reminiscent of their favourite couple who came to an end tragically.

Interestingly you mentioned that we don't really remember those couples that bowed out of the show happily and when we think of happy endings Mattie and Ric come to mind.But there have been so many others that have actually got a happy ending and because their happy exits we're such non events/low key we don't tend to remember them.Thats not saying that we forget all happy endings because we dont , some simple happy endings can also be the most memorable.

You reminded how they ruined KK this year and it just adds to the list of the couples that weren't to be that ended in 2009 :(

Everyone wants their favourite couple to have a happy ending really and I think the reason why some Adelle fans are so annoyed about Naden is simply because Belle is dead and Nicole isn't and Adelle didn't get their happy ending and are directing their anger at Belle's death at Naden/Nicole.

Regarding Aden and Nicole, I'm a little behind with my viewing so I haven't seen a lot of their 'relationship' - from what I gather they've kissed once, which in Home And Away land does not necesarily mean a long term relationship!!

If it happens that they don't actually end up in a relationship then I will be very annoyed at the writers, though not because I want Naden to be together so much but for the fact that the writers have been building it up to be quite a deep thing and then just end up p***ing all over it and having it not as deep as they once set it out to be. Its like going back over what they've done and decided they didn't mean it to be as deep so they changed it.

I am propably not making a whole lot of sense but oh well :lol:

Everyone wants their favourite couple to have a happy ending really and I think the reason why some Adelle fans are so annoyed about Naden is simply because Belle is dead and Nicole isn't and Adelle didn't get their happy ending and are directing their anger at Belle's death at Naden/Nicole.

No that's not why "I" am angry. Yeah sure Adelle in my eyes deserved a happy ending ... sure I didn't exactly want Belle to die. But I have accepted this, I accept that one day adelle would disappear from our screens.

What angers and disappoints me the most is the fact they have done a backflip and ruined all this great writing they have done. With Aden's abusive past for example. They have disregarded the importance of what Belle meant to him.....I truly believe (this is only my opinion) I believe that a person like Aden, for what he has gone through as a person, wouldn't move on so quickly, this is what makes me mad, because this to me shows a lot of disrespect, it says to me that Aden isn't valuing their relationship enough, and the importance of his wife. Belle had a great impact on him as a person, the very least he could do would be to show proper respect to her. I don't know how to explain or defend myself here, because people don't seem to understand my persepctive of the story writing. But the bottom line is - that as an adelle fan I don't want to see Aden having feelings for someone in three freakin months and I want the writers to be aware of how much disrespect they have shown towards some people/supporters.

Yes the writers job is to provoke a reaction, but this could provoke some fans to feel hatred, anger, negative emotions towards the writers. Is this something they want to achieve? Or do they want the audience to be satafied with their writing? They have a choice, they decide the future of the characters.

No that's not why "I" am angry. Yeah sure Adelle in my eyes deserved a happy ending ... sure I didn't exactly want Belle to die. But I have accepted this, I accept that one day adelle would disappear from our screens.

What angers and disappoints me the most is the fact they have done a backflip and ruined all this great writing they have done. With Aden's abusive past for example. They have disregarded the importance of what Belle meant to him.....I truly believe (this is only my opinion) I believe that a person like Aden, for what he has gone through as a person, wouldn't move on so quickly, this is what makes me mad, because this to me shows a lot of disrespect, it says to me that Aden isn't valuing their relationship enough, and the importance of his wife. Belle had a great impact on him as a person, the very least he could do would be to show proper respect to her. I don't know how to explain or defend myself here, because people don't seem to understand my persepctive of the story writing. But the bottom line is - that as an adelle fan I don't want to see Aden having feelings for someone in three freakin months and I want the writers to be aware of how much disrespect they have shown towards some people/supporters.

Yes the writers job is to provoke a reaction, but this could provoke some fans to feel hatred, anger, negative emotions towards the writers. Is this something they want to achieve? Or do they want the audience to be satafied with their writing? They have a choice, they decide the future of the characters.

If the writers did everything that the audience wanted then it would be a very very boring show!

and besides just because you don't believe Aden would move on after 3 months doesn't mean that he would. You don't know everything about him , and even so in real life if you've known a person for years and years they are still highly capable of doing something you didn't expect them to even though you may know them well.

I don't think the writers did a backflip.... yes Belle means a lot to Aden and she always will the writers aren't denying that or trying to play it down. But the sad fact is Belle is dead and even though Aden will love her forever he will need to find some comfort and companionship with someone else. Yes its 3 months after Belle's death but who are we to decide that Aden isn't ready to have another relationship , its up to him and whatever he decides its up to him. You may argue the writers chose this route but if we we're to argue about all the decisions we don't agree with then we would be here all night.

If it happens that they don't actually end up in a relationship then I will be very annoyed at the writers, though not because I want Naden to be together so much but for the fact that the writers have been building it up to be quite a deep thing and then just end up p***ing all over it and having it not as deep as they once set it out to be. Its like going back over what they've done and decided they didn't mean it to be as deep so they changed it.

Perhaps they have very deep feelings for another, but as two young individuals, one who's emotions are affected by the loss of his wife, and the other who's not really sussed out what she's looking for in a partner yet, perhaps their just mistaking those deep feelings? The way that it's being built up is perhaps towards a relationship because that is where Aden and Nicole think it's going, whereas in reality, they are coming to terms with the bond they share.

Either way, I sincerely hope the writers don't get chastised if they 'go back' on this relationship - bear in mind how far ahead the show is written, nothing that's said in this thread will make any difference to the outcome of the story. For people to say "I don't want this relationship" and then turn round and say "I can't believe the writers didn't stick to their guns" would be extremely fickle.

I think you misinterpreted what I meant by provoking - it isn't a writers job to always provoke satisfaction in an audience. If they always gave the viewers what they wanted it was be an extremely dull show, which is why I used the Torchwood example - they killed off a character which provoked some loyal fans to create a memorial outside the BBC Wales TV studios. Not everyone liked it but you could guarantee it got people talking, and it got people reacting to what they'd seen. And in a show like Home and Away, it is impossible to please everybody all of the time. As I said in my original post - what Aden and Belle fans are feeling now is nothing new - Angel moved on in a matter of months, Martha moved on after 5 months, Kirsty moved on before she'd even divorced Kane. It's what happens.

I think with Aden and Nicole it's perhaps less unexpected than the others, as there has always been the potential for a relationship right from the word go. Imagine if Aden had moved on after three months with a complete stranger who was brand new to the show, and then left to live a brand new life with him in another country weeks later - just like Angel did. At least Aden and Nicole have always had that spark, they have history, and he's moving on with someone he has actually always cared about. I think you're taking this all far too personally - the writers are not employed to cater to any on individual, or indeed any one group of fans - they are employed to tell stories which provoke reactions, good or bad, and this thread has clearly proven that they are suceeding at their jobs.