Aden/Nicole

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a video on this site somewhere (I am sure that those more observant than me/who use the forum more often will be able to tell you where) that looks like a trailer showing it will happen. However I have been reliably informed by someone more in the know that it's a made up trailer from a fan. It was really good and had me convinced though!

There is a video on this site somewhere (I am sure that those more observant than me/who use the forum more often will be able to tell you where) that looks like a trailer showing it will happen. However I have been reliably informed by someone more in the know that it's a made up trailer from a fan. It was really good and had me convinced though!

ahhhhhhhhhhhh okies yes I saw the video lol... it was very believable, almost as if it was happening :D

• 2 months later...

This post is in no way a means of beginning an argument; I just want to be able to state reasons why Nicole and Aden is an inappropriate couple at this moment in time. (it's more of an explanation to the writers...members are entitled to their opinion, I just want to state my defense). This post will also be on behalf of a few other adelle fans; evidently I can not speak on behalf of all adelle fans as everyone has their opinion.

I would just like to say, as I have already stated quite a few times that pairing Nicole and Aden within three months of Belle’s death, also known as Aden’s soul mate is disrespectful.

People have stated that well soap time is different to the time in “reality”. Well in this case I don’t think it is because as Aden said “my wife has just died”. So we are to assume its recent and most likely only three months has passed. Some storylines in home and away are portrayed very realistically and others are portrayed unrealistically. It’s disgusting that this was portrayed very unrealistically.

I also think as do others, that having a letter written by Belle and conveniently giving it to Aden as a way of “setting free Aden” (inexcusable phrasing here). I do believe that the letter was only used to make adelle fans accept and keep them from complaining and resisting the idea of Nicole and Aden.

I also think the writers in a way of destroyed Aden as a character countless times.

Making Aden sleep with some random person within a week of his true love passing, I don’t care how “out of it” Aden was. Then rectify it with a few scenes showing how depressed he is, and then he secretly sleeps in Belle’s bed. But then they make Aden decide its okay to be with someone in just a matter of months. You can’t just keep on constructing storylines and then undermined them continuously. Having an abusive past would probably make someone view sex as a big deal and be more sensitive towards the act.

No matter how much counselling you’ve had. I’m sure those experiences would have shaped your values and beliefs as a person. I don’t care if Aden is only 20 years old; he wanted to marry Belle even before he knew that Belle was ill. It doesn’t matter if it’s just some soap, there has to be some realism to it as it is a reflection of society. Otherwise, what’s the point? If it’s realistic people can relate to the characters and situations, therefore the show will be entertaining and worth watching.

To conclude, I would also like to make the point that even though I would much rather Aden to remain single throughout his remaining time on the show, that is just something impossible for the writers to do. So I would like to make it clear that if the writers had waited a decent amount of time say 6/7 months (to be honest I would much rather a year to show proper respect, but anyway...) If Nicole and Aden had been paired in say 6/7 months then sure, I would be okay with it and wouldn’t be so worked up about these two getting together. But three months is just way too soon and is a complete joke.

Before Adelle had gotten together, I was perfectly fine with the idea of Nicole and Aden. But after the Aden and Belle era, it seems silly to put them together so soon. If Nicole and Aden are rubbed in my face next year, I will stop watching home and away. Aden has been one of my favourites, he like Belle was the reason I begun to watch home and away. I am not a soap fan. I only watch home and away because of Aden. But if the remainder of his journey is clouded by his romance with Nicole well then, I see it not worthy of watching. It’s really insulting for some fans of adelle. In my opinion, I just want to writers to know what sheer disrespect you’ve shown.

I do agree with you Adellejefferiesx, that the writers have destroyed Aden a lot of times, but not the times you are referring to. When Aden slept with that girl only a week after Belles death it just shows how broken he really was - and especially with his history. I see his actions like he didn't care about himself anymore and his actions was more like a punishment to himself, rather than moving on, his history has also proven that sex can be some kind of punishment and something very uncofortable. He certainly wasn't enjoing it - and we saw that, Belle said in the letter that he should move on so that lead to this action. When it comes to destroying the character I think it was much worse that he suddenly slept with Nicole while he had broken up with Belle without loving her. He was in right state of mind that time. And also sleeping with Belle just 5 episodes (1 week) after he broke down and told Belle about the abuse was just wrong, and they started to destroy the storyline from there. Under one week with councelling do not solve the problem.. well it lead (together with Larrys confession) to his breakdown, but then again his storyline was destroyed even more by the focus on Belle and her feelings about Adens breakdown and not Adens feelings. Two weeks in a clinic after something like that and then a terrible trial which was again much more about Belle and her feelings, and Angelo is just an insult to real life victims and persons who have suffered from a mental breakdown.

So Aden moving on with Nicole after only 3 months after Belles death isn't ruining his storyline more than it already has been. But then again, as much I didn't like Belle with Aden just because Belle got the focus all the time, I don't like this coupling either, I think they are worse than Aden and belle were. I think that Aden and Belle had more of the same depth (maybe because the actors were more alike) than Aden and Nicole. And I also think its strange that a lot of people think that Aden wasn't kind to Belle and just used her as a emotional punching bag sometimes, because as I have mentioned before Belle was the one who got the attention and Aden was just her doormat (after the breakdown)- and had to support her all the time. But with Nicole it is excactly the opposite. I think Aden has been very unfair to Nicole a lot of times, and she has tried to support him a lot but we haven't seen him doing that to her. And when they are "having fun" I think it looks like to 10 year olds who are playing around, rather than a young adult couple! So when I am saying that Aden moving on only 3 months after Belle died doesn't ruing his character even more, I am thinking in general, I think it is ruining his character because he get together with Nicole. He is much more childish around her than he used to be.

I would have liked them to put Aden with an older character (played by an older actress) before he left, if they had to put him in a new relationship. I have a feeling that he won't end up with Nicole, but that is a discussion for the spoiler tread....

And I think that the writers should have ended his family storyline better (instead of putting him in a new love storyline), and brought back his father or if that wasn't possible, they could have brought one of his brothers to the Bay. If he couldn't forgive his father, his brothers were going through excactly the same as him and they could have rebuild a good brother-relationship. And that would have been a good ending to Adens storyline, and give it a little justice after all.

and this is not a start to an argument either... just my opinion....

Edited by jodlebirger

So that's sending out the message that in order to be happy you can't remain single. You have to have a partner to be happy again? I don't think so. I'm not okay with three months of grieving time. Like I've said before I have nothing against Nicole and Aden personally it's the principle. Some people may argue "he's only young" well I don't by that reason either because you can still be a happy twenty year old without having a girlfriend/boyfriend. Nicole could have remained a friend to Aden and by being a supportive friend, which type of love and support would make him happy. Nicole and Aden had a beautiful friendship, but it's too late, their friendship has been destroyed so many times which is a real shame. Why can't boys and girls be just friends? That's another message home and away is portraying is that is impossible to a guy and girl to be good mates. Soap or no soap, they still have to show a degree of realism in the show. If there is nothing realistic about it, no one will be able to relate to it. Therefore, may lose some ratings.