Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

On 1/29/2018 at 23:19, 630si said:

It looks great. I hope it lengthens and that we get the closing theme updated here in U.K. to match it.

I bet we still get the same closing credits in the U.K. I would much rather they used generic credits like channel 7 now. I switch over anyways as soon as the next on home and away ends. 

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cadyctslover said:

+1. Is it theme and titles? How long is it?

It's a 30 second version of the theme with just some generic beach/surfing shots to accompany it (no titles or anything).

However it's not one of the arrangements that has been used on the show itself (...as yet...), so it could just be one of the various recordings used for promo purposes. Hoping that's the case as it's a bit too slow and 'chilled out' for use on the show in my opinion (and not that great in general).

6 hours ago, Dan F said:

It's a 30 second version of the theme with just some generic beach/surfing shots to accompany it (no titles or anything).

However it's not one of the arrangements that has been used on the show itself (...as yet...), so it could just be one of the various recordings used for promo purposes. Hoping that's the case as it's a bit too slow and 'chilled out' for use on the show in my opinion (and not that great in general).

Yes, Home and Away tried saying it was their theme and it was giving them Goosebumps hearing it. They have too many themes, get the Female Singer and the Male Singer to do a duet and have some of the boppy music the female one from Thursday had, then introduce some guitar, and please, make the male sing faster, and, have the one minute song, even if it can't be used on the show. I would love it if they recorded a 3 and a half minute one to put on a cd or something.

On 12/12/2017 at 07:03, dee123 said:

They've made it pretty clear they think it "wastes time" Which is ridiculous. I mean this goes for 30 seconds. 30 seconds is nothing:

This needs to go now. 

On 12/11/2017 at 07:00, CaptainHulk said:

"Hoooold me in yoour aaarhms, don't laaat me goooh, Ah want took stay forevaaah, closaasr ich deeeeu... Home and Awaaay"

Alright if you like that kind of thing. Glad they never played the song more than twice a week if that.

Australia was RIGHT to complain.

In its defence, it's fun to listen to on Youtube at half-speed while drunk on a Saturday Night ?

It sounded like he was being strangled whilst singing it! It was awful. U.K viewers though whaaaaaat? 

On 4/13/2015 at 09:29, dee123 said:

I went looking on Youtube and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux_hOwj8QRU

It says RTE in the corner, so does Ireland get to see this kind of thing EVERY episode? :cryingsmiley: not fair.

No , Ireland will quite regularly split screen and show full blown promos for another show with the 6.30pm airing. Sometimes you hear no words or song at all. But this is the exact same version we get in the U.K ( when channel 5 are not showing promos most of the time anyways and talking over them , credit sqeeze! The vocals are from 2009 visuals from 2011. They need to get rid of them now please. 

The 1:15pm channel 5 showing and 6:30pm 5Star showing don’t tend to run any promos etc so you get it as full screen. 

The 6pm showing as mentioned squeezes right down whilst the announcer talks about something else and a promo is run for other C5 shows

On 02/02/2018 at 15:57, Dan F said:

This particular arrangement will indeed air in episodes showing tomorrow, the short version of it has been added to the article ('Opening 4' under the Theme Tune heading)

Click here

2 hours ago, Dan F said:

This particular arrangement will indeed air in episodes showing tomorrow, the short version of it has been added to the article ('Opening 4' under the Theme Tune heading)

Click here

Hmm, yeah I don't like that version.

So whereas for the 2013-17 seasons there was consistent intro music every episode, and consistent visuals Monday-Friday, for 2018 the visuals and music can each be one of four variations?

Archived