Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

There is a new trailer for Home and Away which starts Monday night on 7, or 70 for HD in Australia, it is on this page: https://www.facebook.com/homeandaway/videos/10154910981856612/

It is Awesome, it has the same female vocals, but set to different but similar style of music, it seems to be acoustic at the start or raw etc. Then it turns more upbeat for the second part/Verse, this feels like an edited theme song, the ending is a more up beat "Closer each day, Home and Away." It sounds great, I can imagine a male female duet being done and if they provide at least little hints to the various sequences it could work, like have The 1988 style in Black and white with the images making the letters for the first lot of characters, then change to the coloured sort that were the same besides that, then the 1994 or 5 and then 1996-1999 style, then 2000 then the 2004, then the "Picture Frames" of 2007-2008 then for the final end home and away bit a shot of the collage look from 2009. Either that or they could use the 1988 or 1993 style, they were well known, they could also use the style of the 2000 ones. They will probably do a new style, but it would be nice even if it was for the first episode to have the 1988 ones with the current characters, if they do, someone should upload the theme to YouTube in 1080p HD

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David, you don't know how often I've daydreamed about an opening sequence that combines styles and elements from all the different eras! :D Thanks for the link. They're also using this version of the theme tune on the official tour bus as Skylover discovered yesterday (play the video)...

Fingers crossed for Monday.

18 hours ago, Jeremai said:

David, you don't know how often I've daydreamed about an opening sequence that combines styles and elements from all the different eras! :D Thanks for the link. They're also using this version of the theme tune on the official tour bus as Skylover discovered yesterday (play the video)...

Fingers crossed for Monday.

Maybe I shouldn't, I want it to be a partial surprise on Monday night, but then again from the little snippet I heard it seems to be the acoustic version, with them not revealing the whole thing until Monday.

9 minutes ago, jakeyy. said:

I think the theme song will be from now on, since it was the beginning of the new season and spent time summing up what happened since last year

I thought the same. Fingers crossed it was just a title card to make time for an extended recap.

Also correct me if i'm wrong, but is it Ash and Justin in the title card running into the surf? If so, will this change once they leave?

There is a new theme song, however it is 5 seconds long and has male vocals singing: "Closer Each day, Home and Away." I don't know if they will do this some days and then the female version or if they will have a longer version sometimes like Thursday's. If I remember rightly they had it on fully and some nights shortened during 2007/2008, I just wish it was longer and had a credits sequence. I am yet to see the closing credits. I think The theme has two characters running down to the beach then the word home and away appears, it shows the water too.

1 minute ago, Home and Away said:

The theme returned. It was one sentence but it’s a start. 

Yes, hopefully it gets longer on a Thursday.

Archived