Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

2 hours ago, PowerPCNet said:

Has anyone else noticed they've been using the alternative logo for Home and Away in the recent promo? It's just slightly differently styled with the longer tail on the y that doesn't have the flick at the end. Pretty insignificant but could hint at a bit of a design change even though they've used the logo before in the 90's and early 2000's.

Like if you compare this one they've been using to the one in the recent promo they're a bit different. I dunno, probably nothing, just something I noticed.

Now that's you've pointed it out, i don't like it.

3 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Look how much more fun that is compared with this years. Lol. Says it all really

Fun? what's that. Something has to be at stake every second.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, dee123 said:

Now that's you've pointed it out, i don't like it.

I'm undecided. They might be changing things up a bit, the slightly softer and rounded look to it with less intricate details and just more "simple" is something a lot of logo designers have done moving away from skeumorphism in recent years. It might be nothing but I haven't noticed it being used in ages.

5 minutes ago, PowerPCNet said:

We've been let down in the past but I really think they're going to change it up for 2018. It's the 30th anniversary, they'd be crazy to keep it all the same.

Would love a refresh maybe recap then credits then back to the show like it used to be...sad really as every fan would love the credits and song back rather than a long recap.if it does not happen in 2018 then sadly ive gave up hope until we get new people working behind the scenes...

46 minutes ago, stevester55 said:

Would love a refresh maybe recap then credits then back to the show like it used to be...sad really as every fan would love the credits and song back rather than a long recap.if it does not happen in 2018 then sadly ive gave up hope until we get new people working behind the scenes...

I loved when they had a full length intro on the Monday, then shorter ones with just a recap then straight to the logo for the rest of the week. They did have some long recaps even with the full intro though, episode 3804's is over 2 minutes long before the opening titles even begin.

I don't hold much hope for the closing titles though since pretty much all 7's shows use that same design of the credits along the bottom and advertising some other crap at the top.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

It would be awesome to have a modernized version of the 1988 theme song.

Yes it would, maybe updated fonts etc. and the Credits could be like in 1993 and in colour and then the theme song could be like the 1988 one but slightly more upbeat.

Archived