Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, c120701 said:

It’s better than nothing and nice that us international viewers may get a new closing theme.

Whatever happened, they couldn’t use “Home and Away, with you each day” as it’d have to be ‘Home and Away, with you each day, except Friday and any day we can’t be bothered to show it’ in Australia now.

I hope in the UK  we get a change at the end credits as its been same old for a fair few years now.Very outdated lol..A beachy look would do ?

4 hours ago, ~Lynd~ said:

I find it a bit odd that they went to the trouble of getting a female to record a really nice version for the promo's yet we're getting a short male version in the show.Still,beggers can't be choosers and it's more then anything we've had it recent years.

They have done it before. Specifically, in the run-up to the 2011 season premiere they briefly used a newly recorded version of the line "You know we belong together." I can't find an example on YouTube.

I suspect that Nick Perjanik/the production team decided to record a new version in the hope that higher up bosses at Network 7 would accept a full or part-time return of the theme to the main show. It also keeps the flame alive for an important link to the history of the show, and maintains the relevance of the tune in the viewers consciousness.

I'm not sure whether it's the fault of my regional TV channel but the small snippet of the theme tune I've heard on the first two episodes seem truncated like part of the start is missing. It begins halfway through a word.  It sounds odd. 

14 hours ago, c120701 said:

It’s better than nothing and nice that us international viewers may get a new closing theme.

Whatever happened, they couldn’t use “Home and Away, with you each day” as it’d have to be ‘Home and Away, with you each day, except Friday and any day we can’t be bothered to show it’ in Australia now.

I hope in the UK  we get a change at the end credits as its been same old for a fair few years now.Very outdated lol..A beachy look would do ?

Was today's title card same as yesterday lol..cheers.

13 hours ago, Bri1231 said:

I hope on Channel 5 UK they get rid of the closing credits that we have had now for eight seasons! I would much rather have sevens generic credits with the promo. Lets see what happens on March 12th! 

I really hope so aswell.Am going to cheat on friday the 9th of march and tune into five star as they normally show the following day episode which would be the mondays lol?

2 hours ago, Matt said:

2018 theme song

It sounds wrong for the show, and no character/Actor names? It doesn't feel like Home and Away. This with everything else so far makes me feel like this year is a step backwards, it feels so blah. The theme song is too slow, I prefer the one from the home and away store promo and the Home and Away on 7plus promo, they feel more like Home and Away.

Archived