Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Chris J said:

There was another variation at the start of Thursday's 3rd ep, this time featuring the female vocalist, and a different, much closer overhead shot of two surfers jumping into the waves. We'll try and get a clip up shortly.

thanks

Just saw it on 7plus online and it is much better.

Where is the "And from the very first moment I saw you, I've never felt such emotion, I'm waking on air, just to know you are there." and "I want to stay forever." were they only ever in the original? I would like to see a male/Female duet with the female version of the tune which is more boppy but toned down a bit to have a piano in there and other stuff to elude to the 1988 version.

Ah ha. Im going to behave and keep myself on a cliffhanger. Although it is tempting ;-) As for the end credits. Get rid channel 5!! 

6 hours ago, stevester55 said:

I really hope so aswell.Am going to cheat on friday the 9th of march and tune into five star as they normally show the following day episode which would be the mondays lol?

Im going to behave myself and wait until Monday lol. Althought it is tempting. I just hope 5 get rid of these end credits. I wonder will 7 now provide this generic version as I really doubt new end credits have been made. 

3 hours ago, Bri1231 said:

Ah ha. Im going to behave and keep myself on a cliffhanger. Although it is tempting ;-) As for the end credits. Get rid channel 5!! 

Im going to behave myself and wait until Monday lol. Althought it is tempting. I just hope 5 get rid of these end credits. I wonder will 7 now provide this generic version as I really doubt new end credits have been made. 

Crazy been watching this show since I was 12..thirty years ago blimmy.not missed an episode lol...

Third title-card with the alternate theme arrangement now added to the article:

http://www.backtothebay.net/news/2018/01/30/2018-season-home-and-away-new-title-cards-and-theme-tune/

3 hours ago, Bri1231 said:

Technically all versions of the end credits are provided to international broadcasters on the tapes, but they wouldn't use Seven's in-house style on their own channel when they have their own branding specifications. C5 certainly wouldn't play credits and the H&A promo at the same time like Seven do, as it means they can't talk over it and promote other C5 shows.

And besides, it means international viewers actually get to see the show complete, with the show's own end credits and theme tune (even if it is currently outdated).

The text itself is actually the same incidentally, it's just the 'background' that differs.

18 hours ago, Dan F said:

Third title-card with the alternate theme arrangement now added to the article:

http://www.backtothebay.net/news/2018/01/30/2018-season-home-and-away-new-title-cards-and-theme-tune/

Technically all versions of the end credits are provided to international broadcasters on the tapes, but they wouldn't use Seven's in-house style on their own channel when they have their own branding specifications. C5 certainly wouldn't play credits and the H&A promo at the same time like Seven do, as it means they can't talk over it and promote other C5 shows.

And besides, it means international viewers actually get to see the show complete, with the show's own end credits and theme tune (even if it is currently outdated).

The text itself is actually the same incidentally, it's just the 'background' that differs.

They technically could though. I remember a few shows from the US, General Hospital being one of them and they aired the generic credits with a promo as that is how the show makers itself provided it overseas. So I guess it is what the production team provides this year. Im guessing it will be the same old ending credits as before as I really do not see them making new ones. 

18 hours ago, stevester55 said:

Crazy been watching this show since I was 12..thirty years ago blimmy.not missed an episode lol...

Me too. Crazy right. I was 7 when I started watching the show. 30 years later still watching and have yet to miss an episode

Archived