Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

2 hours ago, Marc EH said:

Just seen the 2018 closing credits on 5Star - liked them and also thought the theme was good from what I could hear over the announcer!!

I recorded it and did not get the end theme on as it cut out .been waiting months to see if any change.Guess will have to wait till monday to see it properly..typical?

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really like those vocals, which is bizarre seeing as the short Version 4 opening is my least favourite! Maybe I'm just overwhelmed to have a new 'full'-length closing theme?

It's a shame they haven't matched the logo font with that of the opening for consistency, however I actually prefer the more traditional, detailed, pre-2018 font.

Channel 5 have the world premiere of the new theme song...and squeeze it into the corner and talk over it.Typical. So I went on My5 to see the clean version and it...kind of sucked? A few lines in I was thinking "Well, yeah, nice to hear the words again, even if it's a bit odd to have the opening song on the closing credits, but where's the tune gone?" Honestly, it felt like someone listened to that calypso version Axel Whitehead did a few moons back and decided to do a remix of that instead of actually doing the Home and Away theme tune.

But I'll probably get used to it.

15 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Channel 5 have the world premiere of the new theme song...and squeeze it into the corner and talk over it.Typical. So I went on My5 to see the clean version and it...kind of sucked? A few lines in I was thinking "Well, yeah, nice to hear the words again, even if it's a bit odd to have the opening song on the closing credits, but where's the tune gone?" Honestly, it felt like someone listened to that calypso version Axel Whitehead did a few moons back and decided to do a remix of that instead of actually doing the Home and Away theme tune.

But I'll probably get used to it.

I hate it when they squeeze it down. Luckily I caught the lunchtime showing which remained full screen and with no voiceover. I like it. Looking forward to see if it changes as the opening does...

No change to the opening theme day 2 (I think), but a different title card.

It seems that the cast are no longer credited in order of their first appearance (in this stint) but in family groups, meaning Georgie Parker got higher billing that Ada Nicodemou.

The Astonis were ahead of the Morgans too, although on the capture on BTTB we also have Tori Mogan.

Archived