Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

I wonder will the female version have a matching closing ? Would be a bit weird to have it different. Remember Sunset Beach on Channel five?! Totally different opening and closing theme! Lets see as the week goes on. To be honest I don't mind the premieres closing but as said above maybe I am being swayed by the fact it is all new. Ha 

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bri1231 said:

I wonder will the female version have a matching closing ? Would be a bit weird to have it different. Remember Sunset Beach on Channel five?! Totally different opening and closing theme! Lets see as the week goes on. To be honest I don't mind the premieres closing but as said above maybe I am being swayed by the fact it is all new. Ha 

That’s because the Sunset Beach opening theme changed, but they continued using the original theme for the closing theme.

Yes but not stateside. I lived there while it aired and when the opening theme changed on NBC so did the closing. Channel Five aired different closing credits.

39 minutes ago, c120701 said:

That’s because the Sunset Beach opening theme changed, but they continued using the original theme for the closing theme.

Not stateside they didn't. I lived there when it aired. When the opening theme changed on NBC so did the closing theme. Channel Five aired the original theme as the closing for who knows what reason? But it wasn't like that on NBC. 

Don't know how to delete messages on here sorry for the double respones was trying the quote route for the first time. Lol

20 hours ago, c120701 said:

It seems that the cast are no longer credited in order of their first appearance (in this stint) but in family groups, meaning Georgie Parker got higher billing that Ada Nicodemou.

The Astonis were ahead of the Morgans too, although on the capture on BTTB we also have Tori Mogan.

I noticed the credits were all over the place in finale week, although I haven't quite worked out the logic behind it: They seem to have moved the Astonis and Morgans up and pushed relative stalwarts Ash, Kat, Hunter and Olivia to the end. Maybe it's in order of how long they expect them to stick around?!

21 hours ago, c120701 said:

No change to the opening theme day 2 (I think), but a different title card.

It seems that the cast are no longer credited in order of their first appearance (in this stint) but in family groups, meaning Georgie Parker got higher billing that Ada Nicodemou.

The Astonis were ahead of the Morgans too, although on the capture on BTTB we also have Tori Mogan.

The credits are shocking for spelling mistakes and errors (there's also Camer Operator on the capture we posted). As well as certain characters sometimes having the wrong surname (i.e. Willow Harris/Ranger), and actor names being left off, we've even had an occasion where a guest character has been 'played by' another fictional guest character that hadn't been on-screen for months - I think it was McCarthy, listed as being played by Nick Dutton.

1 hour ago, Blaxland 89 said:

And you can see people's names much more clearly 

You think so? I thought the white on blue credits were a lot clearer than the white on yellow, which is bringing back bad memories of those borderline illegible credits we got c.2009.

Archived