Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

4 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

You think so? I thought the white on blue credits were a lot clearer than the white on yellow, which is bringing back bad memories of those borderline illegible credits we got c.2009.

Oh those 2009 one were bad weren't they. I just seemed to be able to read the cast better. They writing seemed to be on longer but perhaps I'm imagining it

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/14/2018 at 12:11, David Deex said:

I honestly think we need to have a 30 second closing with the second verse of the theme, or 3rd. I also think we need both 1st and second verse in the opening, so the minute version, with characters.

Unfortunately, that'll never happen. That's a minute of airtime that could be filled with drama, and in the world of television production, that's needed.

Someone needs to put that full female voice like the one Skylover posted on Instagram and make credits in the same style as the 1988 ones, but with the current logo and some new pictures where you see the seagull etc. and current cast. It would be good to show the various locations a bit. The font could be updated or kept the same, I would do it, but I don't know how. I would like to see it be done, it would be beautiful.

4 minutes ago, c120701 said:

So 2nd week 5* wise and it’s the female vocals in the opening.

Female for the second week, then the slower male one (matching the current closing) will debut at the beginning of Week 3.

2 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Female for the second week, then the slower male one (matching the current closing) will debut at the beginning of Week 3.

Yes, I just wasn’t sure if they’d keep themes the same so it was a male opening & closing.

Archived