Dean

Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

H&A could do a nod to the original credits too mixed in with new sequences: perhaps Alf mowing the lawn (the original Tom shot), Marilyn and John enjoying a meal by the water (the original Alf/Ailsa shot) and Coco and Raffy checking out guys at the beach (the original Carly/Lynn shot). 

Were the 8-second opening titles used tonight new? If so, this could be an indication they plan to keep the current 8-second titles and just spice it up with some new titles joining the existing ones. I personally think that as long as they keep the theme song it is ok if they do that. I really wish they would release the full-length (1 minute or if they did record a full version like the 1988 and 2000 versions than those) versions of the 2018 theme song to the public and reveal the vocalist's names.

Just now, David Deex said:

Were the 8-second opening titles used tonight new? If so, this could be an indication they plan to keep the current 8-second titles and just spice it up with some new titles joining the existing ones. I personally think that as long as they keep the theme song it is ok if they do that. I really wish they would release the full-length (1 minute or if they did record a full version like the 1988 and 2000 versions than those) versions of the 2018 theme song to the public and reveal the vocalist's names.

It was new 😀

Just now, David Deex said:

Yay, it was really nice. Surprised they put a new one on in the season finale.

I agree - wasn't expecting it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DialMforMorag said:

giphy.gif
^ A teaser for the new 2019 opening credits?

Possibly, it wouldn't surprise me especially considering the colour.

I have downloaded and shortened the original theme to 7 seconds, it just has closer each day, home and away. I added a fade-out which sounds good. I am not sure how to put it online, but if I can work it out I will post the link here. It actually would sound great on TV nowadays.