Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

There's a version of the song here which actually ends the theme on "You're my guiding star" and it's done quite well. I think I'd rather have that over "Hold me in..." because the music is always better during the first verse and the lyrics are more emotional.

I've got used to the idea of this collage design now and I look forward to seeing them. The one thing I'm worried about is that the shots will tile away before they've fully tiled in, do you know what I mean :P? and they'll look rushed. But if they don't then I may really like them.... I hope atleast one of the shots is one of those high-ish panning shots over the sea towards the beach (like the 1993 opening) those are cool. The backing image of the new official site is the kind of shot I'm talking about.

I really like the new and improved recap music too, it's much more dramatic with that electric guitar, it sounds even more 80's cop show than it did before, which is good. Hopefully the other two versions have been tweaked aswell because they were so droney and bland.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the new and improved recap music too, it's much more dramatic with that electric guitar, it sounds even more 80's cop show than it did before, which is good. Hopefully the other two versions have been tweaked aswell because they were so droney and bland.

yer i like the recap music too this year i thought it sounds really 80's cop show aswell :P

i'm kinda getting high hopes for the credits now :)

That re-cap music reminds me of Heartbreak High! It's good.

Andrew, that clip on Youtube is actually good - I guess I just didnt give them credit that they would do a shortened version credit by altering tempos..etc But it does sound good in that clip - they'd have to re-jig it though, I cant see them not having ''Home and Away'' in the theme.

Where did you guys hear therecap music? Sounds exciting! I'm realy happy that the titles are coming back, even if they are castless, because I hated not having the titles for such a long period of time.

The new recap can be heard on the official site in the sneak peek for mondays episode :)

Archived