Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

Perfect idea that I'm sure people would be impressed with: Wide angled filmic shots of the characters NOT looking into the camera, but just doing everyday things on the beach...strolling, BBQ, swimming, laughing, looking poignant...etc

Like Neighbours?

LOL, agree with the rest though.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect idea that I'm sure people would be impressed with: Wide angled filmic shots of the characters NOT looking into the camera, but just doing everyday things on the beach...strolling, BBQ, swimming, laughing, looking poignant...etc

Like Neighbours?

LOL, agree with the rest though.

haha Nah I was thinking more along the lines of 96-99 Home and Away credits.

They could have used a sequence of something like that with the characters in it, not locations! I like the colours however and the style and the logo... BUT why do they need to show the logo twice? That's an extra two or so seconds that they could have used to use the opening tune that was suddenly cut out :(

Also when it goes to an add break, I don't really like how the screen cuts out in little squares. There's going to be many scenes down the track that ends on cliffhangers and the last thing we need is to watch them disapear in little patches. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Seems to be the current trend with TV shows at the moment -with most going for 15 second intros, and if they have one doing a long intro at the start of the season.

It was different I liked it, but I can see why some would be disappointed not having the cast in it. Maybe they do air a full intro with cast at special episodes or Fridays/Mondays or something and the rest of the time use the 15 sec intro. That way they have a better chance of keeping everyone happy. Very fresh modern and suits the styling they are using on the web. :)

Archived