Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, oh my god, Australia takes so many breaks!

That was exactly what I thought!

I like them to look at and I like the new theme tune but I hate that the cast are gone from them. If they still had the cast they would probaly be my favourites for a long time, without the cast it just doesn't seem right.

Seems to be the current trend with TV shows at the moment -with most going for 15 second intros, and if they have one doing a long intro at the start of the season.

It was different I liked it, but I can see why some would be disappointed not having the cast in it. Maybe they do air a full intro with cast at special episodes or Fridays/Mondays or something and the rest of the time use the 15 sec intro. That way they have a better chance of keeping everyone happy. Very fresh modern and suits the styling they are using on the web. :)

Yeah - but this is the show - not an interactive website!

I've watched them over a few times, but I still just cant get into them. They could have saved thousands of dollars by shooting the cast themselves and edited a simple format - I agree with whoever said they could have used that style but with the cast.

The theme tune needs to be sung by singers like the original and the 90's version had - i.e more mature voices. I cant take this theme seriously at all - its so ''la la la laa laa...dum dum dum duuum'' haha I dont know... too cheery or bouncy or something...its too unemotional. The song is supposed to be an emotional song.

I don't mind the castless credits too much. Having said that I would have preferred them in it, but rather than ditching the credits altogether this is not a bad compromise. What I don't like is the way it changes to an ad break. the whole little squares closing in on the last scenes reminds me way too much of the wall opening onto Diagon Alley - All the little bricks falling into place. I would have much preferred a plain black fade out; especially when the scenes are rather emotional.

For those who were wondering about the female voice in the credits her name is Taryn ?. They mention her in the video on the official site in the video about the credits. Go watch that if you are interested. Sorry I can't remember her surname.

From what I can gather by listening to the Home and Away 2009 titles and theme (behind the scenes) video, the new female voice for the credits is Karen Stokes.

Jen I like your "Harry Potter style description" of the change to the ad breaks. I think that it's very off putting the way that they have done that and I feel that something more subtle should have been considered.

I like the opening credits just seeing the different scenery shots look really good and after looking at the above mentioned video, I'm learning to appreciate it a bit more. I do wish that they had the cast at the beginning though.

I guess I can learn to live with castless credits, but I really wish Credit sequences would stop dying out the way they are. The only recently made show I can think of that has a decent one is Rush, and nearly every single US show that started with one has started to drop them: ER, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, etc.

The new logo's OK, but not as good as last year's

Archived