Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

She seems a pretty good singer, its hard to tell as Luke's voice somewhat dominates hers a bit, maybe they could have turned her up a little bit more.... :P

You hear her a bit better in the closing theme when she sings the second 'I will always' - you'll likely not hear the end theme in Australia, but I hope to upload it to the site early next week.

What is nice though is that they've not only brought a female in, but they've given her the original female harmony which makes 'Closer each day' sound much more like it used to be in the 88/95 versions.

Andrew, given what you've said it might be touch and go if you like it or not - the notes are still there but when I say lighter I mean it makes the last one sound a little bit.....dreary might not be the right word....but not quite as uplifting as this one - then again people will most likely have a completely different view :P

I think I've given enough away for now - 5 days to go!

Dan what would you give it out of 10 ?

Do you like it better than last years ?

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they've shortened the titles continuosly until dropping them really over the past year to try and eke every bit of TV time and drama out of the actual show - though at some points it looks like they barely have enough storylines to fill 2 minutes never mind 22.

Personally I believe it's more about creating space for advertising than for the actual show.

Seems now the only way to know if a character is permanent is to look at the closing credits.

Yes, I used to LOVE seeing a new character's new picture appear in the opening credits. It would be all the news in school the next day too "did you see Angel's/Shanon's/Selina's picture at the start of Home and Away last night? Whoopee". All my friends loved it too :lol:

Seems now the only way to know if a character is permanent is to look at the closing credits.

Yes, I used to LOVE seeing a new character's new picture appear in the opening credits. It would be all the news in school the next day too "did you see Angel's/Shanon's/Selina's picture at the start of Home and Away last night? Whoopee". All my friends loved it too :lol:

I agree, its a real shame they've decided to go this route with the new credits. What's worse is the fact that this isn't even a new approach to the credits - they started just showing the title 'Home And Away' and no cast during Jack and Martha's wedding disaster, and that was nearly three years ago!

I was really looking forward to a whole new look and all of the permanent cast appearing with the character and actor names, and more importantly, the credits being shown at the beginning of EVERY episode, not just once in a blue moon. I also really wanted to see if Melody, Angelo, Kirsty and the new Austin family would be added. This is a real disappointment, the opening credits with the cast appearing has always been a part of what makes the show special. I understand that the new 2007 credits were very badly received, but they should have tried to improve them, not just give up completely, which is what it seems they've done.

I agree, its a real shame they've decided to go this route with the new credits. What's worse is the fact that this isn't even a new approach to the credits - they started just showing the title 'Home And Away' and no cast during Jack and Martha's wedding disaster, and that was nearly three years ago!

I was really looking forward to a whole new look and all of the permanent cast appearing with the character and actor names, and more importantly, the credits being shown at the beginning of EVERY episode, not just once in a blue moon. I also really wanted to see if Melody, Angelo, Kirsty and the new Austin family would be added. This is a real disappointment, the opening credits with the cast appearing has always been a part of what makes the show special. I understand that the new 2007 credits were very badly received, but they should have tried to improve them, not just give up completely, which is what it seems they've done.

Completely 110% agree with you. I am very disappointed before i even see them. I was really looking forward to seeing the opening titles with the cast in again as it always was (until the last few years) and always should be!

Well I've heard of absolutely no-one..and I mean no-one (except one) that likes the idea of castless, chopped in half titles so I'm guessing that seven will once again recieve mass complaints because they have yet again, for the eighth year running, failed to listen to what we want from titles (which should be credits). Returning to a duet is all very well and good, but if Dan says you can "hardly hear her" and she just sounds like a flaming backing instrument to the guy whos already had a whole miserable theme song to himself....then bah, that's really gonna get on my wick. Knowing she's there but having to listen out to really notice.....

As I've said earlier, I hope its either mass bliss, or mass rage. if its mass 'hmmm, it's ok', then we're stuck with it for atleast two years. Confusing, but it's a fact :P

Sorry, I'm just winding myself up to the point of rage over nothing :mellow:

God its gonna be so weird watching the opening credits again showing Palm Beach thats not been on them for years =D but it will be a shame that all the cast aren't in it anymore, being honest I didn't like the picture frame opening credits much, but it was at least nice to have the cast in them =D...

And to cut it down to 15secs, bull its for more show time,thats just an excuse to fit in another advert/commercial break, but really seems a bit short, It'll be good on Monday though lol it'll mean theres approx about a minute less to wait and see what happens!! =D x x

It's actually only 15 seconds less than it was, not a minute, which makes it even more......unbeleivably stupid and unnecessary. The promo's/ end credits should have been reduced, not the opening, if they really need that precious few seconds. Those promos are starting to get a bit too..... revealy as they have to fill 30 seconds (plus that Yahooooo advert, which can p*ss off aswell), if they moved all the actors/ character names back into the opening ,the crew credits would fit quite comfortably into 15 seconds (with the remaining 15 being moved back into the opening) and we'd all be happy. Except for those who so dearly need to see footage that they'll see tomorrow with a lessened impact....

Closing credits are apparantely nightmares for TV stations anyway, with some channels removing them completely and putting them on the internet instead, as people tend to turn off or change channel during them, surely no-one flicks over during opening credits (unless they're like five minutes long) if they had the intention of watching the show in the first place.....?

Archived