Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

It will be after airing, Seven wouldn't be too happy if a fansite pipped them on the premiere of it :P

Though considering Seven don't air the end theme, then you'll be hearing that from here first (unless of course they put it on the official site)

oh by the way Dan, does the end credits not say who performs the vocals on the new theme?

or did you get a version without any actual credits on it lol

Ooh, and if you do have the actual credits, have Kirsty, Angelo and Melody been promoted to regular status?

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be after airing, Seven wouldn't be too happy if a fansite pipped them on the premiere of it :P

Though considering Seven don't air the end theme, then you'll be hearing that from here first (unless of course they put it on the official site)

oh by the way Dan, does the end credits not say who performs the vocals on the new theme?

or did you get a version without any actual credits on it lol

Ooh, and if you do have the actual credits, have Kirsty, Angelo and Melody been promoted to regular status?

Read the article on the main site, Nathan dearest :P

Hmmm. I'm not liking both the theme and opening sequence!

Visuals: They look like a travel show opening sequence and are just too clean cut, two dimensional and boring. I hate contemporary. I also dislike the pinks and purples, the really vibrant colours - they aren't needed, the locations are much nicer without them. They are unoriginal and seem extremely out of place for the context of the show. This is a drama about a community of people, not a destination. And yet these credits dont give me a sense of Summer Bay being a small seaside town...Its just too overbearing...why cant they just be simple.

Perfect idea that I'm sure people would be impressed with: Wide angled filmic shots of the characters NOT looking into the camera, but just doing everyday things on the beach...strolling, BBQ, swimming, laughing, looking poignant...etc

Theme Song: Sounds like a school productions take on the original Home and Away theme. It's just missing some vital things to make it sound warm. Again it sounds like the theme tune for a community based radio travel show or some sort. It just doesnt sound like they put any effort into making it sound original, or rearrange the format a little...

I dont know why they always seem to be getting it wrong, in regards to both theme and credits, when back in the 80's and 90's they always got it very right.

I'd prefer to have no credit sequence at all if its going to be like that - because it really doesn't live up to the actual content of the show.

Archived