Charlie Buckton - Esther Anderson

Dean

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really pleased that Charlie has had a lot of scenes so far this year! She was kind of pushed aside towards the end of last year. Esther does an awesome job of potraying her, it must be hard sometimes playing a character that got a lot of hate (and still goes, but not so much anymore).

She's starting to remind me a little bit of Peter when he was all being a investigator.

Edited by Traceve

I've been quite impressed with Charlie during the last few days. It seems her ability to do her job well has improved tenfold since she stopped playing the role of Angelo's personal cheerleader. This Charlie is so much better to handle. I love that she's now following the evidence rather than making assumptions on a case based on how well she thinks she knows the suspect. This way even if Angelo turns out to be innocent, I'll still be pleased with the way she handled herself. She's being a bit more professional and unbiased, compared to since Belle's assault case last year when I was started to question if she knew the meaning of those words.

I remember in a recent episode where she basically told Angelo that he better not think he can use their relationship to his advantage. Well we already know he doesn't have a problem using it. But even if he didn't I remember thinking I'd be surprised, from Charlie's behaviour towards him since the assault case, if he didn't get the clear impression that he could do as he pleased and still get off scott free with her on his side. So I was pleasantly surprised by Charlie's reaction to the fact that Angelo might be involved in Jack's shooting.

I think after this I might even not mind Charlie being friends with Angelo again. Because the thing that I hated most about them is the way it came to a point where Charlie refused to see any fault in Angelo. She was still willing to defend him to the end, even when he was a suspect and she was the investigating officer, and even went as far as to makes excuses for his terrible behaviour. But now that she is approaching her job differently, and is willing to be abit unbiased about Angelo when it comes to her job, future interaction between them seems alright. I don't mind her defending Angelo on a peronal level(as irritating as it can be when she starts shooting her mouth of whenever she feels) it's when she started letting her friendship, and then relationship with him influence her actions and decisions at work it became extremely irritating to watch her.

Right now I don't know if I like her yet but I have been liking the way she has been handling this Angelo stuff. I wouldn't go as far as to say she's amazing as a cop, because even now she really isn't, but she has proved that she can be a half way decent cop at times. As for those other unattractive personality traits of hers, there hasn't been much reason for them recently, so I'll have to wait and see if she's improved in that area to.

Ever since Charlie and Roman have split up we've had a chance to get to know her. When she first arrived I felt as though they threw her together with Roman straight away without us getting to know her. Since they're now over we've learnt so much about Charlie as an individual. Thus, people starting to like her.

I think she has definitly improved as an actress since starting out on the show, it's just a shame she's so underrated.

Ever since Charlie and Roman have split up we've had a chance to get to know her. When she first arrived I felt as though they threw her together with Roman straight away without us getting to know her. Since they're now over we've learnt so much about Charlie as an individual.

I agree. I never liked Charlie that much when she first arrived but now she is one of my favourites. I guess that is because we have got to know her better since Roman finished with her. Saying that i did like Roman and Charlie as a couple.

I didnt like Angelo and Charlie as a couple. I feel that they should have left their relationship professional. You could tell that there relationship had an infulence at work as when Angelo was accused of asulting Belle, Charlie was unproffesional and didnt really treat him how she should have with another suspect, most probably because of her feelings for Angelo.

However she did begin to realise that she had to be professional about it because she recently told him he couldnt use their realtionship to his advantage at work. I think that Charlie handled questioning and arresting Angelo really well considering they were dating and he was a suspect.

I think Esther is a good actress and i hope to see Charlie on our screens for a long time.

Edited by Danni02