Charlie Buckton - Esther Anderson

Dean

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT A BITCH! :angry:

Those were my exact thoughts when Charlie first came into the show. I really disliked her mainly because of the way she was acting towards Morag. It’s funny because I knew she would tone done and now I can’t get enough of her. I absolutely love her at the moment and look forward to every episode that she’s in.

The whole way she conducted herself through the Martha/Jack/Roman situation. Jack and Roman were practically at loggerheads and she very rationally diffused the situation for the sake of Martha and the baby (even though her boyfriend was having a child with someone else!). And then when she went to the trouble of arranging for a helicopter to track Nicole and Geoff down - All for the sake of her boyfriend who at the time was not really showing much of an interest in her.

I like how they’ve shown different sides to her. The professional side of Senior Constable who tries her best to deal with things calmly and rationally (although I’m not sure how convincing it is having a woman in her mid 20s as a senior constable) and the other side with Roman, where at times she seems very sensitive, almost vulnerable actually.

Since she’s entered the show she’s gone right up in my estimation and she’s currently my second favourite character (behind Nicole). :D

Having a person of Charlie's characteristics as Senior Constable is not that uncommon. I know a fair few police officers that are in the same situation. Also in TV, characters such as Maggie Doyle, Jo Parrish, Susie Raynor, Amy Fox have all been Senior Constables in their time. What is hard to believe is Lara running the station, presumably now a Sergeant or higher.

Having a person of Charlie's characteristics as Senior Constable is not that uncommon. I know a fair few police officers that are in the same situation. Also in TV, characters such as Maggie Doyle, Jo Parrish, Susie Raynor, Amy Fox have all been Senior Constables in their time. What is hard to believe is Lara running the station, presumably now a Sergeant or higher.

OK so perhaps I overestimated Charlie’s position.

In the UK I think it goes something like this:

Constable

Sergeant

Inspector

Chief Inspector

Superintendent

Chief Superintendent

Higher than that I believe its Commander, Borough Commander, Commissioner etc.

Not sure how Charlie would tie in with that lot.

There are times when I love her and times when I want to strangle her. Today I wanted to strangle her. She is so black and white and never accepts that people have failings and that people are weak or human and that they try to the right thing and get it wrong some times. She is so high and mighty and sanctimonious and she thinks she has to the right to interfere. She goes into Roman's house and tells Natalie she is crap mother, WTF ?Who the the hell does she thinks she is, she has no right to do so. She goes into his house today, where Aden who incidentally happens to live there, is having dinner with his girl friend who has just been humiliated in for of the whole town and thinks she has th right to start on the pair of them; she has the right to an opinion but not to come into someone house and to humiliate them all over again. All of this " someone has to take responsibility" and "someone has to take a stand" which she is forever spouting is really annoying and makes her sound like she is lecturing the rest of us.

when she is not like this, and forgets to Miss Judgmental 2009 she is lovely kind and thoughtful, but when she is like this she is dreadful. It does make her an interesting character to watch though and I really like watching her. I think Ester is doing a great job of making Charlie believable. The fall out from what went today should be great viewing.

Charlie is a right royal pain in the neck sometimes but I love her because of it. She is judgmental opinionated and it makes her vulnerable. yep I want to strangle her too, and I think her journey is going to be quite a difficult one. No one comes to Summer Bay and does not go on a journey of some sort :P and she is going to have a bumpy ride as she does not bend easily.

She goes into his house today, where Aden who incidentally happens to live there, is having dinner with his girl friend who has just been humiliated in for of the whole town and thinks she has th right to start on the pair of them; she has the right to an opinion but not to come into someone house and to humiliate them all over again.

I was just coming in to post about how much this riled me up today, but you summed it up pretty perfectly for me Corey!

That was unbelievable behaviour from her today! I'm glad Roman stood up to her about it too.

And usually I quite like her!

I love Charlie sooo much.The best character to come to the bay in a long time.

She doesnt like to be told what to do and I am glad that she stood up for Angelo against Aden and Belle because those 2 seriously annoy me!!

As for Roman he doesnt deserve her in a million years to be honest.She should have done the breaking up but shes a fool in love I suppose.

Then he has the cheek to dump her,I mean he is the biggest bore going his voice is so irritating and boring.

She put up with everything that happened with Roman and Martha pregnancy storyline and now he is just throwing her away.She deserves better.She should of chose Angelo anyway after their romantic date on the beach.

I want Charlie to go into major rebel mode and give everybody whats for.