Aden Jefferies - Todd Lasance

Foxy

I totally agree Pierced Musie.

You can call Aden many things (including irritating and annoying if you are not a fan) but certainly not boring. He had a great year last year where he was at the centre of one of the most engaging storylines of 2008 and I guess it's only natural that they're now keeping him a bit in the background of other storylines. I'm sure something "juicy" will come up for him soon. His character would be wasted if it was kept quiet for too long.

As far as I'm concerned, boring or not, I always enjoy it when's he's on screen :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, boring or not, I always enjoy it when's he's on screen :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more!

And its definitely a good thing that he is in the background a bit these days, but also that Aden and Belle are in their own little mini storylines at present.

They need to interact with other characters seperately, so that the constant focus is not always on their relationship.

Then they can throw in little moments like they did the other night when they were both on the couch to keep all the Adellites happy! :wub:

He is boring at the moment but this is a good thing. Give him too much to do and before you know it he is gone because there is nothing left for him to do.

True!

He needs a storyline that isn't Adelle-centric, something that he can be in total spotlight [not that he hasn't before :P] But like most of us, I still like to look at him on screen :wub: lol. Otherwise, I'm happy with how this prawn trawler job is going :)

Edited by HAA Girl 08

If you find a character annoying and irritating(and I do frequently find Aden annoying and irritating), it's not actually that much of a stretch to find them boring.No matter what the storyline or how well acted it is, if you don't care about the characters involved it's hard to be interested.There were quite a few times last year when I found myself wishing they'd give his screentime to a character I actually enjoyed watching so it's a bit of a relief that they seem to be using him a bit more sparingly this year, rather than allowing him to dominate to the extent that he has done at times.

Well if you dont like a character wouldnt you find them irritating or diffcult to watch? I personally love Aden as many of you are well aware. It's nice to see him looking out for Joey and resucing her from the water. I'm sure she is able to swim right...? lol. I hated the fact that he was pulling away from Belle. Aden's behavour towards Belle seems a little off, and I think it all begun when he decided not to go to uni, because he wanted to look after Belle. Stupid decision, but anyway. I like Aden, whether he is with Belle or not. I like his personality and the depth of his character.

It's been a while since I posted in this thread I do believe.

Just catching up on my H&A week, as I missed all this weeks' episodes, and I have to say, I absolutely enjoy the way the writer's are taking Aden as a character at the moment -

although I do dislike the way he "bonded" with Joey so quickly. IF that had been Belle, befriending another guy, and constantly talking about him in their precious little time together, AND leaving him one night to go see this guy, I don't think Aden would have been too understanding. So, to me, it seems unrealistic that they're taking him down this alley! Next week, after Joey's rape comes out, then we'll understand a reason for Aden getting angry BUT I think if he heard of any random girl getting raped, and knew her rapist, he would take the same action because, after his abuse, he understands what rape can DO to people who have been in that situation... So, no, I don't like or approve of his friendship with Joey.

As far as Todd goes - as always, I don't have complains about his acting, although I did feel that we had one or two scenes where he could have shown a more 'joky' face. We all remember the scene where Belle was by the pool table, and Aden leans against hte dooframe, with a pure "arrogant badboy" grin on his face - in fact, I think Zoe has that as her Avator now - and we haven't seen that sort of self-satisfied look on Aden's face for a while, whereas I think there's been a few situations where Todd could have used it, for example

when he told Belle that the groveling could come later, when he had time for it.

But, obviously it probably didn't fit in with the directions of the writers.

Methinks we'll be seeing much of Aden next week, and, whilst I dislike the way it's linkedto someone else so closely, as I explained above, it is great to see him getting away from Adelle for a while, and being his 'own' character again! :)

I am so glad that someone noticed that his friendship with Joey was so rushed and unrealistic and also with way he seems to be so concerned about her welfare having only known her for a short period of time ( i know it's horrible what Joey is going through and so is what Belle is experiencing at the moment), i wish he could notice what's right under his nose. Having said that, i still adore Todd's acting and hope the spark between adelle will return soon.

I agree that his friendship with Joey seems a bit rushed but i'm also glad that Aden seems to be making friends, i was personally getting bored of most of his scenes being between him and Belle, it's nice to see a balance between his relationship with Belle and other parts of his life...if that makes sense.

I remember ages ago with the whole Aden locking Rachel, Larry and Belle up in that room that I said that they had ruined Aden as a character. How things have changed. I don't think I had enough faith in the writers to pull Aden back from that storyline but they sure have. It is not only now that I have noticed this but it must of been maybe a couple of weeks after I posted what I did, and the point I realised they had not ruined him was when both Aden and Melody was in the unit and I could see Aden really wanted to help Melody.

I think this is a good example of how opinions can change because now I am really liking the character of Aden, I think he dealt with the aftermath of the above storyline really well, and has overcame the anger that he felt and that had built up over the years. Saying, that I do sometimes like scenes when he becomes slighty* angry when it seems necessary. For example,

when Joey told him what Robbo had done to her.

* I used the term slighty to maybe contrast the way he was before to how angry he gets now. And I feel there is a big difference.