Aden Jefferies - Todd Lasance

Foxy

In regards to the Tam episode, the writers slipped up slightly and made Aden out to be a sex hungry guy but maybe that was a cover for how he really is. I do believe he is trying to move on and get rid of the 'reputation' he seemed to have picked up.

I think that the writers hadn't decided what was going to happen with Aden yet when that was shown as he was only a guest character then. I remember around that time it was said that his mum and dad were both at the hospital when he collapsed before his exam but then in 2008 his mother had either died or not been around for year ( I can't remember exactly what happened to her)

Yep I didnt mean to make Aden out to be a person who only cares about sex and drink because he doesn't but you cant deny that it happened and the writers should understand that viewers dont just forget about past episodes and at least try to offer an explanation. That is what I was trying to get across, should have made it more clear, sorry.

As an aside, has it ever been established what happened to Aden's mother or indeed when it happened?There seems to be a general assumption that she's dead but I'm not sure if they've ever said it.The only time I can ever remember her being mentioned is when Belle found Larry drinking and he said something like "I fell apart a bit when I lost Aden's mother", which probably means she's dead but could possibly mean she walked out on them.

^

I think when Larry was taken to hospital after being shot by Kane, Aden said to Roman [and Belle] that his mother died. I think his words were 'After my mother died, Dad started drinking...'. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that's what he said.

A storyline [maybe a very brief one] about his mother would be interesting. We hardly know anything about her except that her death caused Larry's drinking, and that ultimately meant his grandad had to move in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The season finale didn't leave me liking Aden very much. Infact I was extremly angry with his attitude. Yesterdays episode made me feel alot better about his character. His scenes with Belle was what I expected so it didn't end up interesting me too much when I watched it, but his scene with Melody is what turned my anger around. It finally felt like the Aden who tried to reach out to her in the clinic. I like that he didn't let his feelings over what happened to Belle cloud his judgement. After that episode I think Melody is already clearly starting to deal with the consequences of what she did, and the last thing she needs is to be treated like a monster. I thought he acted kind enough without being to sappy or anything. It was a nice scene. I also enjoyed him standing up for her to Nicole. I did have worries last year about whether his new found cutesy interaction with Nicole was going to come between his caring for Melody. I think if anyone can understand what it's like to do things when you're not in the right state of mind is Aden. So I was pleased about his reaction to Nicoles words to Melody.

I also think he needs to take Roman's advice. I can understand why he doesn't want to think about anything but Belle right now but I hope he doesn't put of thinking about his future for too long.

Edited by Jody

I agree with you Jody, I have really liked Aden this week. He took charge of the situation during the formal disaster by staying level-headed in spite of all that was going on around him, he's been totally committed to Belle and caring (give-back time) and, as you say, he still managed to be forgiving and compassionate towards Melody and basically to be there for her, in spite of her being the reason why Belle got injured. The old Aden would have lashed out at her and I'm glad he did not.

As for putting further education off, while I agree I would like to see him go off to uni, it's understandable his mind is not in it at the moment and he is probably doing the right thing by choosing to postpone such an important decision to a time when his mind is clear of other more pressing issues.

Aden has come on in leaps and bounds and isnt acting like he used to, its a great achievement and I am sure even the Anti Aden fans have to accept he is doing his best to leave the past in the past. May more scenes like the one with him caring for Melody come.