Aden Jefferies - Todd Lasance

Foxy

I do kind of want to like Aden, if only because I'd enjoy the show a lot more if I didn't feel like reaching for the remote whenever he appears.But there's just been far too many false dawns.Every time I think that maybe he's matured and began to learn the right way to treat people, he acts like a jerk or behaves in a violent manner and just makes me dislike him again.Guess I'll wait a bit longer before passing judgement this time.

He's probably worked out that going to uni generally means leaving the show...

Not necessarily. Some characters in the past did go to uni without leaving the Bay (Dani and Irene I believe). If the writers want him to, I bet they'll find a way (maybe not necessarily uni but any kind of course that takes him away from the diner or the job on the water, whatever that is going to be). I'm sure a character like Aden can achieve more interesting goals than chopping vegetables. The writers have been working so much on him as a character and I feel that it would not give his ongoing storyline justice if they left out the bit about where he goes from here (if not for his own sake for the viewers' sake: everybody seems to end up working at the diner at some point). What was otherwise the point of studying so hard for his high school exams?

He's probably worked out that going to uni generally means leaving the show...

Not necessarily. Some characters in the past did go to uni without leaving the Bay (Dani and Irene I believe). If the writers want him to, I bet they'll find a way (maybe not necessarily uni but any kind of course that takes him away from the diner or the job on the water, whatever that is going to be). I'm sure a character like Aden can achieve more interesting goals than chopping vegetables. The writers have been working so much on him as a character and I feel that it would not give his ongoing storyline justice if they left out the bit about where he goes from here (if not for his own sake for the viewers' sake: everybody seems to end up working at the diner at some point). What was otherwise the point of studying so hard for his high school exams?

Point taken, they could have him commute.I'm just thinking of the characters who've moved to a uni a couple of miles up the road and rarely, if ever, been seen again(Fin, Damian, Lucas, even Kit ceased to be permanent).It's interesting that of last year's school leavers Belle's the only one still in the show and she didn't go to uni.

Warning....Rant coming.....

Fair enough the writers have to come up with some way of keeping Aden in the Bay, but do they HAVE to have him completely give up going to college. These types of things REALLY bug me.

Why bother showing him (numerous times, I might add!), studying really hard?!

And now to have him completely turn around and reject going to college is pretty unbelievable. :blink:

Don't they have such a thing as deferring a college place for a year in Australia? It would have been more believable if they just had him fill in the preferences form and then saying he wanted to defer in order to support Belle.

In my opinion, much more realistic & could just be addressed in like 2 lines of dialogue! And it doesn't mean he has to completely give up his college ambitions.

Sorry...rant over...but had to get it out! :D

Warning....Rant coming.....

Fair enough the writers have to come up with some way of keeping Aden in the Bay, but do they HAVE to have him completely give up going to college. These types of things REALLY bug me.

Why bother showing him (numerous times, I might add!), studying really hard?!

And now to have him completely turn around and reject going to college is pretty unbelievable. :blink:

Don't they have such a thing as deferring a college place for a year in Australia? It would have been more believable if they just had him fill in the preferences form and then saying he wanted to defer in order to support Belle.

In my opinion, much more realistic & could just be addressed in like 2 lines of dialogue! And it doesn't mean he has to completely give up his college ambitions.

Sorry...rant over...but had to get it out! :D

Completely agree with you. It seems very unbelievable that, after his brother went to jail and his Dad kind of made nothing out of his life, he wouldn't want to break the pattern and make something out of his life. I'm not saying you have to go to uni to make something out of your life but it does put you ahead of the game if you don't have a brilliant business brain or something that you want to do that doesn't need a degree. The only thing Aden wants to do is look after Belle. It's a bit short term and,yeah, unbelievable.