Aden Jefferies - Todd Lasance

Foxy

This post is just in reply to some comments that started in the Adelle vs Tachel poll.

Quote Red Ranger: By the way, cicerid, you've just made the exact same point that I was trying to make before:It wasn't the fact Aden had been abused that hurt Belle and caused their relationship to break down, it was the way he chose to deal with it.His actions were not inevitable.If he'd chosen to get help sooner, and it was possible if not easy for him to do so, he wouldn't have turned on her the way he did and she wouldn't have had to watch him behaving in such a frightening manner.(And, for the umpteenth time, Aden's father didn't know his abuse was actually happening, he just knew it was likely.) Quote

I agree he should have got help sooner and if he had done so, many things would not have gone they way they did. But I would not go as far as to say it's Aden's fault that he did not get help. He just did not know how to deal with things. He was only a child when the abuse was happening and still kind of a kid when it all came out. And he actually did start getting help and attending sessions and his life was kind of getting back on track until Larry confessed to "suspecting" the abuse.

As for Larry, I am a parent myself and if I even remotely suspected one of my children might be likely to be the subject of abuse by a family member (or anyone for the matter), I would bloody well look into it and make sure it stops. Then again, luckily for me I don't have an abusive past like Larry so maybe I'm oversimplifying the situation as things are not necessarily as black and white for victims of abuse as they are for people who are not.

I'm here and...actually I kinda agree with everything you said so I don't know why I'm posting other than to touch base.(Probably gonna get told off for spamming.)I agree it's not really Aden's fault that he didn't get help sooner, although Rachel did offer him counselling before, after the incident with Nicole, and he said he didn't need it, which may or may not have made a difference to the way things turned out.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Todd wins a logie he really deserves it!! ^_^

Why did Aden have to sleep with Nicole. I'm scarred for life :lol: It's gonna be sad on tuesday when Belle catches Nicole and Aden going at it in the lougue room :(

I hope Todd wins a Logie aswell, he fully deserves to :D

I'm looking forward to the episode, but I'll feel sorry for Belle walking in on them, and catching them :(

^

Aww, I'm still really happy that Todd won :D He really deserved that, with the abuse storyline he did for the show last. Very pleased for him.

I watched his speech earlier on Youtube, and it was so sweet what he was saying in it, thanking everyone who voted, and his brother, and his parents!

Well done Todd :)