Rachel/Tony

Cal

I'm equally annoyed - a total waste of one of Rachel and Tony's days. What was the point? There was absolutely no aftermath to Tony finding out about Jack being 'murdered' by Angelo, no ACTUAL conversation has happened between Tachel since Jack died. They've not said one thing to each other. I understand that the writers need to juggle with a lot of characters but surely they deserve one scene?

I'm really hoping for more next week. One scene doesn't count as an episode in my opinion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm equally annoyed - a total waste of one of Rachel and Tony's days. What was the point? There was absolutely no aftermath to Tony finding out about Jack being 'murdered' by Angelo, no ACTUAL conversation has happened between Tachel since Jack died. They've not said one thing to each other. I understand that the writers need to juggle with a lot of characters but surely they deserve one scene?

I'm really hoping for more next week. One scene doesn't count as an episode in my opinion.

I know i downloaded that whole episode which look me ages to see that one scene from Tachel that lasted all of 3 seconds when Rachel didn't even speak to him.I just wasted 3 seconds of my life with a load of rubbish from the writers.I was expecting it to follow on from where it left off in Martha's house with Tony sitting on the ground devastated.

They really do get a rough trot from the writers. I'd imagine it is because they are an "older" couple and therefore not a ratings grabber like some of the teenies. H&A is not an adult based drama unfortunately.

agree totally

we have too many story lines on HAA - melb one and the KK one could of been done later on

I am dissapointed there was no aftermath....and even the only one was all about Matha

They really do get a rough trot from the writers. I'd imagine it is because they are an "older" couple and therefore not a ratings grabber like some of the teenies. H&A is not an adult based drama unfortunately.

They're not exactly knitting cardigans for the grand kids though. They'll probably get more to do when the baby comes, but having said that, you would think that the death of Tony's first born might rate some screen time.

I actually liked seeing Rachel wearing normal house clothes. It was kind of refreshing. I would like for them to be the couple who act like normal people and don't make a huge drama out of every little thing. Rachel used to be like that when she was with Kim - between resisting him and despising him - and it's just possible that if she spends enough time with Tony, he'll mellow her out again.

As for ratings, Amy won a "most popular" Logie not too long ago, and Tony's got his own groupies, so if ratings is what people are worried about, they'd be downright nutty to ignore the magnetism of both characters.

For now, I'm blaming the Austin's. Too much too soon. They might have been better off focusing on Tony and his sister to establish the family as being truly relevant to the Holden clan, then they can go off demanding their own scenes and sympathy. I've never liked having so much focus on new characters, but at least we've seen Xavier before the funeral. They get points for effort there. I just don't want blonde teen Xavier and mid-20s brunette Hugo to replace Tony's sons, because I don't intend to forget Lucas and Jack as easily as all that, and I don't expect Tony to either.

Edited by emmasi

I don't think it has anything to do with popularity, Tony and Rachel are popular and the writers know that, hence why they've kept them together all year. I just think they have too much going on at once, and for some reason feel the need to concentrate more on Martha's giref than Tony. Losing a husband is clearly devastating but i don't think anything can be worse than losing a child.

The last scene of Tuesdasy's episode when Tony flipped at Angelo and was then just sitting on the floor should have been when Wednesday's started. That would have been a perfect opportunity for some Tachel interaction. Tony was a mess, Rachel was hystercial.....but they ignored it. And that pathetic scene they got in the kitchen. I still can't believe they haven't talked yet. I know Tony is coming across as being all quiet and shutting himself away but Rachel is his soon to be wife and yet she's never around. I'm hopeful next week they'll have some proper interaction. Tony has got to break down at some point and i hope Rachel is the one he goes too.

I like their little 'normal' couple moments and wish they'd have more of them. I hope once Rachel's pregnancy porgresses they'll have some more. Surely they can't keep her working all the time when she is 6/7 months gone.

^ I actually think it is precisely to do with popularity. Jodi Gordon, much as I love her, is the darling of H&A and Channel 7 and Jack and Martha stories are always a big interest to viewers, hence why the grief is centred around her character.

I actually don't know how suited Tony and Rachel are if they are not there for each other, i.e. Rachel working all the time in the aftermath of Jack's death, and

if rumours are true that Tony shuts her out in the coming weeks.

That seems odd if the show plans to portray them as a happy, stable couple. Perhaps it's all leading to their love fizzling out?

It just seems to me that the biggest frustration for Rachel and Tony fans is that they don't get enough screen time or couple screen time.

Edited by Mistified

Obviously Rachel working all the time is a writing thing and i think they just needed to get the Bridget storyline out of the way, hence why Rachel is so involved in that. Apart from the lack of dialogue, she has been trying to support him and i think they're trying to show that it's incredibly hard for her too, to have to watch Tony deal with this pain when there's nothing she can do to help.

If Tony does push her away i don't think it means their love is 'fizzling' out. People tend to push away those closest to them when dealing with the death of a loved one - Rachel did the same to Kim when her mother died. They're a strong couple who've survived a lot of drama together and i doubt they'd break them up now, with Rachel pregnant.

And they are getting married soon so he must eventually open up to her and realise he doesn't want to lose her too.

^ I actually think it is precisely to do with popularity. Jodi Gordon, much as I love her, is the darling of H&A and Channel 7 and Jack and Martha stories are always a big interest to viewers, hence why the grief is centred around her character.

I actually don't know how suited Tony and Rachel are if they are not there for each other, i.e. Rachel working all the time in the aftermath of Jack's death, and

if rumours are true that Tony shuts her out in the coming weeks.

That seems odd if the show plans to portray them as a happy, stable couple. Perhaps it's all leading to their love fizzling out?

It just seems to me that the biggest frustration for Rachel and Tony fans is that they don't get enough screen time or couple screen time.

I think Tachel are suited , the past few months have shown me that they do love each other and all the scenes they have seem real.At first i hated the idea of Rachel & Tony getting together and i think it was because of the age difference but they have grown on me and are the only reason i watch the show.If they werent suited would they still be together? or be having a baby together.I think Rachel working a lot is her way of blocking things out and trying to pretend eveything is fine but eventually Rachel and Tony will crack and open up to each other.

Edited by CHARL3N3x

Im not really a fan of these two...BUT....i can honestly say that they're probably one of the most consistent and interesting couples on the show. I love the interaction they have with each other, its seems real and it reflects everyday couples. I hope the writers don't destroy them they seem to be the only decent couple on the show, including Adelle :D (sorry had to add them). :wink: