Rachel/Tony

Cal

A year since their first date yesterday!!! Happy Anniversary Tachel :P

Sometimes I do complain about the way Tachel are written and the amount of screentime they get but I think we have been quite lucky when you think of how much focus "older" couples usually get. I think the issue is exactly as you said Kirsty, that we usually just get the conclusion to their storylines, never the beginning. For example, the episode Rachel found out she was pregnant was also the episode we found out that they were having trouble conceiving and Rachel had put Tony on a strict diet/regime. By the end of the episode, it was all solved (obviously.)

I don't think it was too rushed either, there have been a lot of indications that they had a good friendship before. There was the scene when Tony was in hospital and Rachel came in to check on him and they were comparing notes on how each other were coping with their loss (Tony with Beth and Rachel with Kim) :lol: And also their movie nights which although we didn't see, we heard about. Oh and Rachel trying to set Tony and Julie up (every person she'd tried setting Julie up she's ended up with herself :lol: (Hugh and Tony) I think the reason I love them so much are mainly because they deal with normal everyday issues and they're such great actors that their scenes are always great acting wise and easy to believe in.

I've loved seeing Tony have more screentime since he's been with Rachel. He used to be really overshadowed by Beth and just acted as her shoulder to cry on while she was getting all the storylines but with Rachel it's much more equal. Plus I never believed in Tony and Beth because there was never any physical contact! Yet with Tachel it's the little moments that count the most, they can't keep their hands off each other :lol: They're always touching each other in some way (usually Rachel rubbing Tony's back or stroking his arm and Tony playing with her hair or stroking her cheek hehe)

Rachel and Tony are in a difficult place at the moment but I hope soon they can become a happy little family again, the scenes before the season finale were just soo lovely, seeing them all happy and excited about the baby, just being normal. Until then though I'm going to enjoy the Tachel even though I know the next few weeks are going to be heartbreaking to watch.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A year since their first date yesterday!!! Happy Anniversary Tachel

I cant believe its been a year since their first date!!! :P I hope we have a lot of good times for Tachel this year :)

I remember their first date like it was yesterday :D its when i got completely obsessed with Tachel , when he first asked her out i wasnt too keen on them getting together but on the date i knew they were right for each other :wub: Tony was the pefect gentleman and you could see Rachel was falling for him already.

Edited by CHARL3N3x

A year since their first date yesterday!!! Happy Anniversary Tachel

I cant believe its been a year since their first date!!! :P I hope we have a lot of good times for Tachel this year :)

I remember their first date like it was yesterday :D its when i got completely obsessed with Tachel , when he first asked her out i wasnt too keen on them getting together but on the date i knew they were right for each other :wub: Tony was the pefect gentleman and you could see Rachel was falling for him already.

i know tony was a gentleman! When he kissed Rachel on the cheek it was so sweet :wub:

Edited by steff99

I can't believe it's been almost a year for Tachel! :wub: They've packed more in a year than most couples do in a life time. :lol:

I have hated some of their storylines (the whole OC rubbish especially) and also the fact we never seem to get the beginning of their storylines just the conclusion.

But the most part i've loved their relationship and how it's been written. They're such an affectionate, sweet couple who have genuine chemistry. I don't feel it was that rushed - i think they made it clear how good friends they were before anything happened between them, so it was easy to imagine them falling in love with each other. It felt natural. I liked how they were given real couple issues to deal with, such as the vascetomy storyline and even Bridget. I hated it but it's happens.

I liked how they had her supporting him during the Jack/Sam/Martha drama, and him her during the Joe storyline. They're equal and i think that's a reason their relarionship works so well.

Tony seems like a different man now he's with Rachel, it's like she brought out a whole new side to him which has been lovely to see! And she seems a lot more relaxed and happy in herslef now.

Although the past couple of weeks have been awful for them, i think they have also emphasied how much Rachel loves/cares for him. I'm looking forward to Tachel and their baby becoming the little family the bay needs :)

Anyways, here's to a year of Tachel love hehe. :D:wub:

I agree!! But can I ask what you mean when you say the whole ''OC rubbish??'' I dont understand!

Seeing as Kirsty's not online I'm sure she wont mind me answering this on her behalf!

She's referring to the Olympic Cliffhanger, when Rachel "left Tony at the alter" (we later found out that she'd been held hostage by Aden) and all her friends believed she'd run off with her ex Hugh. Then Tony left Summer Bay and when he returned he admitted that he'd slept with Bridget while away and had been living with her.

I think they totally changed Tony's character for the sake of this cliffhanger and I also believe it's the reason they rushed the engagement.

Seeing as Kirsty's not online I'm sure she wont mind me answering this on her behalf!

She's referring to the Olympic Cliffhanger, when Rachel "left Tony at the alter" (we later found out that she'd been held hostage by Aden) and all her friends believed she'd run off with her ex Hugh. Then Tony left Summer Bay and when he returned he admitted that he'd slept with Bridget while away and had been living with her.

I think they totally changed Tony's character for the sake of this cliffhanger and I also believe it's the reason they rushed the engagement.

Oh ok, thanks! I didn't understand what 'OC' meant lol.

New fan of Tachel here :D :D

We love new Tachel fans :D

Yeah i agree that they wasted their time on the OC it was rubbish and then they had him going off and sleeping with Bridget , it was all a little stupid to be honest there are so many ways the writers could have done things better but thats over with now :D we want happy Tachel