Rachel/Tony

Cal

^ I actually think it is precisely to do with popularity. Jodi Gordon, much as I love her, is the darling of H&A and Channel 7 and Jack and Martha stories are always a big interest to viewers, hence why the grief is centred around her character.

I actually don't know how suited Tony and Rachel are if they are not there for each other, i.e. Rachel working all the time in the aftermath of Jack's death, and

if rumours are true that Tony shuts her out in the coming weeks.

That seems odd if the show plans to portray them as a happy, stable couple. Perhaps it's all leading to their love fizzling out?

It just seems to me that the biggest frustration for Rachel and Tony fans is that they don't get enough screen time or couple screen time.

I think Tachel are suited , the past few months have shown me that they do love each other and all the scenes they have seem real.At first i hated the idea of Rachel & Tony getting together and i think it was because of the age difference but they have grown on me and are the only reason i watch the show.If they werent suited would they still be together? or be having a baby together.I think Rachel working a lot is her way of blocking things out and trying to pretend eveything is fine but eventually Rachel and Tony will crack and open up to each other.

by the looks of the promo it will be this week

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For now, I'm blaming the Austin's. Too much too soon. They might have been better off focusing on Tony and his sister to establish the family as being truly relevant to the Holden clan, then they can go off demanding their own scenes and sympathy. I've never liked having so much focus on new characters, but at least we've seen Xavier before the funeral. They get points for effort there. I just don't want blonde teen Xavier and mid-20s brunette Hugo to replace Tony's sons, because I don't intend to forget Lucas and Jack as easily as all that, and I don't expect Tony to either.

I agree with you emmasi! I think it's the fact that Tony needed the time with Gina to set up this brotherly/sisterly relationship which we didn't even know he had then spend time introducing the rest of the Austin's as individual characters with their typical family secrets that they just couldn't fit in scenes with Rachel and Tony and we had to sort of fill in the gaps ourselves. I love that they've brought in some family for poor Tony BUT like you I don't want them to be there just to replace Jack and Lucas. They've had a totally different upbringing and that should reflect in their personalities.

On a totally shallow note how hot do Tachel look in that cast picture in Who magazine? :lol: They're too cute. I love how they have their arms round each other, aww.

I am hopeful this week we'll get the Tachel we (and they) deserve. It's about time they had their emotional scene and it looks like it's going to happen this week. Finally. Tony has not 'lost' it yet and i have a feeling Rachel is going to get the worst of it. But i guess she should as she's who he is closest too. As much as i'm loving the Bridget storyline i really do wish they'd concentrated on Tachel's reactions to Jack's death. It would have been so much more realistic.

I do like how they brought Gina in but i agree, there's been too much focus on her and her kids when it would have been so much better if they'd dealt with Tachel and their reactions.

Ooh its in the Who magazine you will find it in the news and article section called small cast picture in who (2nd feb)

has anyone got that on their comp - it would make a great wallpaper :cool:

This week will be the one where we get some more Tachel sceans - and I will hazzard a guess and say we will need the tissues at some point

I wish the writers had shown us more of their friendship developing before they got them together properly. I think it's lovely how they acknowledged how strong their friendship was though, which is why i don't feel their relationship was all that rushed. They knew each other pretty well before anything really happened. I found it all very sweet and romantic, like falling in love with your best friend. :wub:

They missed out a lot though, such as the whole children talk which came out of no where!! And then their baby struggles which we didn't get to see. And since Tony only had the vascetomy reversal a few months earlier i don't see how they could call it a 'struggle' since technically that only gave Rachel two chances to get pregnant :P She must be pretty fertile, after one time with Lewis and with Tony it didn't take much! :lol:

I love the little scene in the hospital just after the Rev.Hall hostage situation. When Tony comes in and just holds her as she's crying into his shoulder..aww. Tony was so lovely to her in that episode. And he was the one she automatically called after it happened....it was very nicely done. They have great chemistry.

Edited by KirstyEkua