Kirsty Sutherland Phillips - Christie Hayes

Cal

I’ve got no problem with you disliking Kirsty or expressing you dislike for her but how can you expect people to emphasise with Belle or stop bringing up things from the past when you yourself do it?

1. I do not repeat what I say about Kirsty

2. I feel kirsty hasn't changed only a bit and I do apolgise for sounding harsh or full on about Kirsty. She's an ok character.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve got no problem with you disliking Kirsty or expressing you dislike for her but how can you expect people to emphasise with Belle or stop bringing up things from the past when you yourself do it?

2. I feel kirsty hasn't changed only a bit and I do apolgise for sounding harsh or full on about Kirsty. She's an ok character.

Characters are character's some like them some dont so its ok :)

Given that she was eighteen and had already left school when she had Ollie, I'm not sure how you can say it "cost her her childhood."Nor can I really understand why having a fresh start with Miles would preclude having more children:She's already looking after Ollie so I'm not really sure what the problem is.It seems to be a typical example of them wanting to give a couple drama and having them argue about something without really putting any thought into why they're actually holding that point of view.

I simply meant that she was still at school when she wanted to be taken seriously about her relationship with Kane, and thought that having children would fix it! I distinctly remember a scene when Jade caught her taking the pill before they went to school together. Again, in the same way that is happening now! Kirsty has a fresh start back in the bay and now she has found Miles. I did not perclude that her being with Miles would mean that she would want children either! We have seen how she reacted the numerous times with Kane, and now we are seeing her character again with a new man in her life, Miles. Kane was supposedly the love of her life and they have Ollie together. She said herself that she still loves him, just in a different way. I am not sure that I would want to jump into having another child, not that they need to be, but they arent married either!

Kirsty is so slax to Nicole I hope she dies

Kirsty is treating Nicole exactly how she deserves to be treated.

If Nicole wants to act like a spoilt brat then Kirsty will punish her because she is a guest in Kirstys house.

1. Well you do about other characters i.e. Tachel and the communication thing which is why I didn’t really think it was very fair that you said what you did previously.

2. You don’t need to apologise for not liking her or expressing your dislike. That is not the issue and I apologise if it felt as though I was trying to tell you who to like or dislike. My point was you criticize other characters but when your favourite characters are criticized you object to it. You can’t have it both ways.

Anyway I will try and reply more constructively to your last point.

When Kirsty left the bay with Kane in 2005 she barely finished school, she was pregnant and as she mentioned in her last scene Kane was her life. She choose him over her sister, her entire family and even decided to leave a place that she loved in order to be with him. Since she returned her main priority has been her son Ollie. So much so that she was wanted to leave him with Irene so he didn’t have to be with them on the run without having a stable home as Kirsty so wished. Furthermore when Kane wanted to take off after Ollie was fit to leave the hospital, Kirsty had changed her mind. She wanted to stay in the bay and was prepared to turn herself into the authorities and risk going to jail for a shot at a normal life. I think initially when Kirsty got with Miles she had security in mind but she’s since grown to love him. She’s also assumed the mother role of the Summer Bay house and has tried to support people such as Jai, Melody and now Nicole (although there’s still a lot of work to be done regarding that). I can’t see the old Kirsty doing all of those things. I’ve also noted how some people’s attitudes have changed towards her. Some posts said they preferred Kirsty pre 2005 and others have said they liked her so much more than they did before. I’m with the former crowd i.e. I preferred the character during her first stint. Don’t get me wrong because I still really like her but I feel at the moment she has been superseded by other more recent characters. And at times she does annoy me such as when she lied about Trey initially to the police. And she had a really really bad attitude when she was being interview by the department regarding Miles’s alleged assault on Trey again and also after he showed the footage of him and Nicole sleeping together. She still has some of her old traits, i.e. being headstrong, stubborn and wanting to do things herself but I think she’s changed quite a bit since she first left which is for me the reason why I don’t love her as much as I used to but she will always remain one of my favourites.

I cannot believe that Miles wants a baby so bad and she is crushing his dreams by still taking the pills!

It's not a good idea to have a baby when only one half of a couple actually wants a baby. In the real world, the baby would pick up on the resentment and feel rejected and unloved. Also the couple would almost certainly have (or already have, if they can't make major decisions like this together) relationship problems. Anyway, Kirsty is way, way too young to tie herself down. While most girls her age are out partying, dating and carving careers for themselves, she already has a young son and is apparently a mother figure to two teenagers. She needs more freedom, not less!