Kirsty Sutherland Phillips - Christie Hayes

Cal

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I wish Kirsty stayed with Kane. I was looking forward to Kane and Kirsty returning in 2008, but it was a major letdown. It wasn't the same after they left in early 2005 to go on the run. I always felt sorry for Kane as he was innocent of the alleged crime he committed.

Agreed, I wish Kirsty stayed with Kane. I was looking forward to Kane and Kirsty returning in 2008, but it was a major letdown. It wasn't the same after they left in early 2005 to go on the run. I always felt sorry for Kane as he was innocent of the alleged crime he committed.

And guilty of about a million other crimes he never got in trouble for, so I wouldn't feel to sorry for him. I actually think getting Kirsty away from her worthless, irredeemable loser of a husband was a godsend and should have happened about 6 years before it did (she never should have got back with him after he left her the first time. Their storyline was over then and reviving it just made no sense and ruined both their characters). Kirsty and Miles weren't the greatest couple ever (I'd have rather seen her with Roman), and they weren't nearly as good as original KK (which only lasted about 2 months), but they were good enough and about a million times better than 2003 - 08 KK who were one of the 5 worst couples in the history of the show. Ever since he came back for in 2003, Kane was just awful for her in every possible way and getting away from him was the only way to save Kirsty's character.

Yes, Kane should have been convicted for the assault on Dani in 2001, but he was found 'not guilty' for that crime.

I think Kane attempted to turn over a new leaf and start afresh around 2003 and 2004. I think by the end of 2004, he had finally become a respectable and well-liked person in the Summer Bay community. Pity his father turned his life upside down.

Although Kirsty was written unsympathetically at times, I think she did the right thing getting away from Kane.Going on the run with him was a knee jerk reaction that neither of them had the maturity to think through properly and destroyed whatever they had.By the end of it, Kane really should have been left in jail rather than being given such a light sentence for putting a security guard in hospital. Kirsty rightly recognised that Miles was the better person:Kane wanted her for himself, Miles wanted her to be happy.I think she and Miles actually made a good couple and I was disappointed it didn't last.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Christie in a Special K ad tonight. I think they ruined Kirsty when they bought her back and split her up with Kane. They were a super couple so I don't see why the writers chose to break them up. It would of been more convincing since Sam was busy working behind the scenes if they killed Kane off. As horrible as it might sound for Kane lovers. But it would of been more convincing espicially for KK fans like me

Personally, I never saw Kirsty and Kane as a "super couple" so I wasn't bothered.I accepted them because I liked Kirsty and she seemed to be happy with him but she was just as happy when they broke up so I didn't mind.I can, however, understand why fans of the couple were disappointed at the way their storyline ended up, although I'm not sure why Kirsty would be regarded as "ruined", especially since it was Kane who initially ended the marriage, then assumed Kirsty would take him back when he changed his mind.