Kirsty Sutherland Phillips - Christie Hayes

Cal

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Cameron Welsh indicate that a storyline will ensue regarding Kirsty and her kidney problems??? Can someone refresh my memory on what's wrong with Kirsty's kidneys?

In 2004 shortly after Kirsty fell pregnant she was diagnosed with Kidney disease. She was then presented with a situation where Flynn basically said to her she that her best chance of survival was a termination. She couldn’t decide so she ran away from the hospital then Kane and Tasha found her eventually but she miscarried the baby (quite similar to the scenario that Martha had last year). Eventually Shelly donated one of her Kidneys and she had a transplant.

Something I never quite understood was that because the Kidney wasn’t her's she would have to take immune-suppressing drugs for the rest of her life (in order for her antibodies not to reject it). Now when she returned to the bay with Kane last year she said she went to Irene for help because hospitals check things i.e. Oliver. With that being the case how was she able to continue taking the drugs throughout that time without being caught out?

I hope Kirsty dies too, she's annoying, lies, she's a brat - but thank god she's done a BIT of growing up since she returned, still can't stand her though.

No offensive LilyG but seriously after posting these in the Belle, Aden/Belle discussions thread

Yeah come on you're being childish when you comes to hating Belle ever heard of empathy? Sorry but anti-Belle people are going wayyyy toooo far! Spare a thought for those who love Belle and stop spamming!!!

Can we not dwell on the "past" Belle and see the "present" Belle please. Yes she made some mistakes as a teenager. But now she is a mature 20 year old - thank you.

How can you say that?

I’ve got no problem with you disliking Kirsty or expressing you dislike for her but how can you expect people to emphasise with Belle or stop bringing up things from the past when you yourself do it?

Furthermore Belle lied to Angelo, she lied about taking the drugs and got Nicole to lie for her and TBO I find that self-centred little drama queen annoying.

hahahahahahahahah Belle a drama queen NEVER HEHEHEHEHEHE

I love Kirsty being back in the show. When she was younger she wanted to be seen as grown up with Kane without the hassles of babies,she was still at school afterall, hence the pill taking and secretness. Then she ended up having Ollie when she was on the run, missing out on a lot of her childhood. I think the fact that Miles wants them to have children and her not being ready is bringing her storyline full circle and adding some more depth/background. She missed out on her childhood due to babies and being on the run. Now she is back home with her son starting things out again. Can you blame her for not wanting children? She is divorcing kane, is now with Miles. Her life is only just settling down albeit with usual obstacles, trey and her job at the school. She always had weird convoluted layers, and it would be wrong to change that!

I love Kirsty being back in the show. When she was younger she wanted to be seen as grown up with Kane without the hassles of babies,she was still at school afterall, hence the pill taking and secretness. Then she ended up having Ollie when she was on the run, missing out on a lot of her childhood. I think the fact that Miles wants them to have children and her not being ready is bringing her storyline full circle and adding some more depth/background. She missed out on her childhood due to babies and being on the run. Now she is back home with her son starting things out again. Can you blame her for not wanting children? She is divorcing kane, is now with Miles. Her life is only just settling down albeit with usual obstacles, trey and her job at the school. She always had weird convoluted layers, and it would be wrong to change that!

Thats so true.

Miles should know that. I mean does he really need another kid in the house?

Edited by john003au
SPAG

Given that she was eighteen and had already left school when she had Ollie, I'm not sure how you can say it "cost her her childhood."Nor can I really understand why having a fresh start with Miles would preclude having more children:She's already looking after Ollie so I'm not really sure what the problem is.It seems to be a typical example of them wanting to give a couple drama and having them argue about something without really putting any thought into why they're actually holding that point of view.

I think Kirsty is a fantastic character mainly because she's got so much to her and is very interesting as a character because you can never know what shes thinking. She is definitely my favourite character :wub:

Edited by -Karen-

I don't see the rush for Kirsty and Miles to have children. They've barely been together a year, she's not divorced yet and she's still so young. Having a baby is such a major change and takes over your whole life. Yes she has Ollie but he's older now and like she said to Rachel, she has the option to go and study etc if she wants too. With a new baby she can't do that. Being pregnant takes over your whole life for months on end, and for the first year or so of it's life it's generally the woman who has to do everything for it. It's all fine and dandy for Miles to sit there and say how much he wants kids but he's not the one who has to carry it.

If she wasn't ready for marriage i find it strange that he would assume she'd want another baby.

I don't see the rush for Kirsty and Miles to have children. They've barely been together a year, she's not divorced yet and she's still so young. Having a baby is such a major change and takes over your whole life. Yes she has Ollie but he's older now and like she said to Rachel, she has the option to go and study etc if she wants too. With a new baby she can't do that. Being pregnant takes over your whole life for months on end, and for the first year or so of it's life it's generally the woman who has to do everything for it. It's all fine and dandy for Miles to sit there and say how much he wants kids but he's not the one who has to carry it.

If she wasn't ready for marriage i find it strange that he would assume she'd want another baby.

And Kirsty would have never lied to him if he didnt say what he said to Alf but that scene got cut

I think Kirsty is a fantastic character mainly because she's got so much to her and is very interesting as a character because you can never know what shes thinking. She is definitely my favourite character :wub:

Oh I could just hug you KIRSTY rules

You can't really say she is boring.

Edited by john003au
SPAG and TEXT speak