Kirsty Sutherland Phillips - Christie Hayes

Cal

I love Kirsty! :D i was never a big fan of her before mosly because of KK, i never got it through my head why she would marry the man the raped her sister. but now she is fantastic, i love her with Miles. and i know she lies alot, but that is what make her more real. I think Kirsty is good at heart, is just that she dosent know how to handle things at times.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like Kirsty, and I think her lying is not down to her being nasty or anything. It's just that she's not too bright and she has a tendency to panic, so sometimes she finds it easier to lie rather than to try and be honest.

I quite like Kirsty, and I think her lying is not down to her being nasty or anything. It's just that she's not too bright and she has a tendency to panic, so sometimes she finds it easier to lie rather than to try and be honest.

That is Kirsty's main problem isn't it and probably why I don't really hate despite the fact that she does the same stupid things over and over.

I really like Kirsty now, and I didn't when she around first time around - but lately I've been watching some episode from 2004 and I do actually like her much more "back then" as well now. I hope she sticks around for a while, her role in SBH interests me - with Miles installed as a "father" figure one can assume she's the "mother" figure, but she's unlike any mother figure the show's seen before - she's young and still not afraid to live her own, headstrong, life which often leads her into strife. I always loved both Pippa and Sally but they arguably a little 'saintly' at times - and I always think it's imperfection which makes a character far more compelling.

I've never had a real opinion of her. There are very few charactesr that I truly dislike and she didn't come under that radar, but she's not one that I liked either - her scenes always just sort of rolled past me like water off a ducks back.

However, I think the scene on the bus in 4901 was very well played out, and was one of the few scenes I can think of that I liked Kirsty in.

The whole 'on the pill' role was so immature of her; obviously she felt rushed by Miles, but do none of them know that honesty is an important thing to have in a relationship? In all fairness like!!

be interesting to hear the chat between herself and Miles when all the bus excitement boils down.

I don't think it's fair to blame Miles.Kirsty knew he was a foster parent when she met him so nobody forced her into anything,nor do i think he's tried to force her into having a child.I don't think it's unreasonable for him to want a child and he did actually say that he'd be willing to wait until she was ready.He only got overenthusiastic when Kirsty lied and said she'd gone off the pill.It's clear he loves her,he forgives her for every lie she tells.

I'm not saying Kirsty is blameless, obviously a big part of it is her fault because she should never have lied. But she wouldn't have if she didn't feel pressured - ok, so Miles didn't force her into anything, but he did everything but. He should have respected her wishes in the first place but instead he tried to push her into it, even telling Alf that they were going to start a family despite Kirsty having said no! The only point at which I thought Kirsty was completely in the wrong was when she made out she really wanted to start trying for a baby even though she obviously didn't - I just thought that was pointless and unnecessary seeing as Miles was telling her it was ok for them to wait. But I guess she was confused about her own feelings by that point, especially having come from Rachel's baby shower with everyone all excited about babies.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with a lot of what people have said. Being a guy I have watched Kirsty since she joined in 2000 quite closely. She certainly has her faults, even thinking of going out with Kane, let alone marrying him, running away with him and having his kid was heartless and quite sick actually. But that aside I don't think she has ever meant to do anything wrong, she just doesn't think, or just screws up. And she has matured from a pretty young girl to a sexy young woman too, lol.

Edited by richleamington