Character/Actor Appreciation

Guest Eli

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If people could just respect each other and realise that saying "I hate Rachel" is very different from saying "I hate you for hating Rachel," then this forum, and the world, would be a much happier place.

This would have to be close to the heart of the matter. Very well put!!

I am a member of a forum that has just hit their 20,0000 mark and there are hardly big problems there. It is a very global community and the mods are very good with us. But when a thread goes way off topic, they come in with their vacuum cleaner and clean up, delete posts, etc.

And it's not about mods being on a power-trip, it's about an 8000 member forum trying to be maintained in the most efficient way possible.

Worse than that, a 13,000 member forum :P

Hang your head in shame boy! You got the number wrong and was upstaged by a librarian :P

I was merely rounding up to the nearest thousand, wasn't worth being pedantic when the number was going to change so quickly :P

To be honest, I'll really miss being able to say, "Ah, I can't wait for Friday's episode; seeing Aden all worried and protective will be awesome, 'cause up 'til now, it's sort of been Belle wearing the pants in the responsible side of the relationship" <-- because that, to me, really is appreciation of the characters, and what the writers are doing with them, and etc.

I don't mean to cause trouble now [at all, you know I'm not a troublemaker!] but I'm just wondering; would someone be allowed to start a thread called "the Jack & Martha thread" - in some part of the forum, just to talk about Jack & Martha; not necessarily all to do with the characters, but including the wardrobe, their likes & dislikes of the characters, the actors, what they thought was good, moving etc. Or, for Adelle / Rachel & Tony / Leah / Kirsty etc? As in, not directly an 'appreciation' thread; but just a thread about them, where people are free to just chat about a specific character / couple, rather than discuss? Or would that just cause hassle? :(

Lol, you can tell I'm going to miss the Adelle Appreciation Thread :wub:

I only read this reply thoroughly now, and I though I'd try to give you a good answer to that. Basically it comes down to the definition of spam. Spam is not really just one post, unless the post reads like "Aden :wub:" or "omg!1". I'd say that saying "I can't wait for Friday's episode" or just saying "I agree!" when someone has posted their opinion, isn't spamming. BUT, when there's a lot of posts from the same member going like that, then it's spam. Does that make sense? It's okay with a short comment every now and then, I know I certainly post short comments like that sometimes, but preferrably it should happen occasionally. Many members mostly post these short, one sentence posts, and it's all they ever post. What's annoying and spammy is when it's impossible to keep up with a thread because there's 10 new posts in three minutes, and all of them read "Can't wait for Thrusday!" "omg me too!" "I agree" ":D" and "I know!".

Not sure if that made sense, but I hope it did :)

Archived