Character/Actor Appreciation

Guest Eli

I have a feeling it is because the Aden and Belle thread. I don't get it. <_< What was wrong with it? I reckon the best revamp is to make sure that anti and pro people don't post in each others threads.

there was a bit of an 'arguement' on the anti-adelle thread yesterday, which ran a little bit out of control, unfortunately :(

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there was a bit of an 'arguement' on the anti-adelle thread yesterday, which ran a little bit out of control, unfortunately :(

The argument was no worse than those in other threads in my opinion. I think the issue was the moderators had already warned people (in particular those relating to Aden and Belle) that they had issued various warnings to forum members. I guess after yesterday they probably decided that rules, as they are perhaps too lenient and they to amend them in order to prevent these types of disagreements occurring again.

^^All the more reason to make it a rule that anti and pro people don't go into each others threads! I believe that is causing the trouble...

I still don't get it though. Whenever I ask, all i get is 'some problems, spamming....' but never an exact thing that someone did wrong. To me those are vague reasons. In all honesty, I've always thought this forum was too tight with this kinda stuff.

^^All the more reason to make it a rule that anti and pro people don't go into each others threads! I believe that is causing the trouble...

I still don't get it though. Whenever I ask, all i get is 'some problems, spamming....' but never an exact thing that someone did wrong. To me those are vague reasons. In all honesty, I've always thought this forum was too tight with this kinda stuff.

If it was spamming then you have to ask yourself, why haven’t they temporarily closed of some of the other threads because I believe the Spambot problem this forum had been experiencing recently was not limited to the Character Appreciation thread. I saw quite a few spam posts in the General Discussion thread as well.

When we gave out warnings a few weeks ago (which the bulk of members ignored), we explained that people were spamming in that thread and we gave a definition of what SPAM is. I don't think it's vague at all. There was a point when we'd enter a thread and it would have grown by about fifteen pages in just over an hour. And 90% of those fifteen pages were not Aden and Belle relationship discussion.

We can't tell people to stay out of different threads because everybody has the right to post in every thread. But it got to the point when certain members were going into threads and picking out members and attacking their opinions. It's simply not on.

You may think we are being too strict with all of this, but we are trying to make people feel more welcome in that forum.

Edit: The Spambots were computers. We can't predict where they were going to post or what they were going to post. If we closed off most of the board, then there would have been riots. :P

I think I am partly to blame for the Character Appreciation Thread being temporarily closed down. I did go into the Anti-Adelle thread yesterday and commented on them being excessively negative. I am fairly new to this forum (not trying to make excuses here, just explaining) and I now realize I should have stayed out of a thread I do not agree with.

I also fully agree everybody is entitled to having an opinion, whether it's pro or anti and I honestly did not intend for my comments to trigger such an argument.

I want to apologize to both the Adelle fans (am one of them) and Anti-Adelle people for probably having spoilt it for everybody :(

Such behaviour on my part won't happen again and I hope I am still welcome in the Forum. As someone pointed out, we are only talking about fictional characters and I should not have gotten so heated up about comments going against my fav characters.

Sorry to everyone again :(

When we gave out warnings a few weeks ago (which the bulk of members ignored), we explained that people were spamming in that thread and we gave a definition of what SPAM is. I don't think it's vague at all. There was a point when we'd enter a thread and it would have grown by about fifteen pages in just over an hour. And 90% of those fifteen pages were not Aden and Belle relationship discussion.

We can't tell people to stay out of different threads because everybody has the right to post in every thread. But it got to the point when certain members were going into threads and picking out members and attacking their opinions. It's simply not on.

You may think we are being too strict with all of this, but we are trying to make people feel more welcome in that forum.

Edit: The Spambots were computers. We can't predict where they were going to post or what they were going to post. If we closed off most of the board, then there would have been riots. :P

I agree with you 200% the last thing i want is to have a forum to come into and have people constantly attacking each other over an opinion, i've seen it a lot in other forums and its all abit childish to be honest....BUT WHY O WHY NOW :blink::lol: of all times when diwanas down and now the character/appreciation but anyways, i hope you guys sort it out soon cause this is truly a fantastic site to come on 2 :D

I think I am partly to blame for the Character Appreciation Thread being temporarily closed down. I did go into the Anti-Adelle thread yesterday and commented on them being excessively negative. I am fairly new to this forum (not trying to make excuses here, just explaining) and I now realize I should have stayed out of a thread I do not agree with.

I also fully agree everybody is entitled to having an opinion, whether it's pro or anti and I honestly did not intend for my comments to trigger such an argument.

I don't know what happened in the Anti adelle thread at all but just so you know, with 700 pages of adelle thread, you are most welcome to rant and rave in there. :P

I guess I don't really agree with the definition of SPAM on here. Like on a lot of forums people can talk about their day and how it's related or affected to/by Adelle for example and it's considered on topic.

Like I said in my other post, I'm so pleased this is happening. I'm an adelle fan and like to keep up to date with the adelle appreciation thread on the off chance that something worth discussing is posted. Unfortunalty that doesn't happen very often and I would go to read new posts in the morning and find 10 pages of mostly nothing. I actually found myself heading to the anti adelle thread as there was actual discussing going on in there and some interesting points were being brought up.

I don't think there is any need to keep people with different opinions out of certian threads. I find myself going in to anti threads all the time, weather I like the character or not, sometimes just for a laugh at what is being said (especially the anti Rachel thread if emmasi has posted, love her comments lol). It just comes down to people respecting other peoples opinions and the forum rules...

Anyway, that's just something I've been wanting to get off my chest for a while now :lol:

I agree that people should feel free to venture into any thread they wish but I feel that anti posts should stay in the anti thread and likewise with pro-posts.

One of the things I like about this forum is that the vast majority of people are able to have an adult discussion and have differing views without becoming personal. If you go to other discussion boards on the Internet there is a stark contrast. I think most of the credit is due to the moderators/admins etc who are doing a great job!

I think we all have characters we like/dislike but as someone once said they are characters, not real people. So we probably shouldn’t take it so personally even if somebody does express an extreme amount of hatred towards a particular character as that person is fictitious.

Archived