Character/Actor Appreciation

Guest Eli

Like I said in my other post, I'm so pleased this is happening. I'm an adelle fan and like to keep up to date with the adelle appreciation thread on the off chance that something worth discussing is posted. Unfortunalty that doesn't happen very often and I would go to read new posts in the morning and find 10 pages of mostly nothing. I actually found myself heading to the anti adelle thread as there was actual discussing going on in there and some interesting points were being brought up.

I don't think there is any need to keep people with different opinions out of certian threads. I find myself going in to anti threads all the time, weather I like the character or not, sometimes just for a laugh at what is being said (especially the anti Rachel thread if emmasi has posted, love her comments lol). It just comes down to people respecting other peoples opinions and the forum rules...

Anyway, that's just something I've been wanting to get off my chest for a while now :lol:

I agree with you about the Adelle threads. I'm an Adelle fan, but the anti-Adelle thread was much more interesting. There's only so many times you can read "omg i luuuuuv dem!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o" I love them too, but I don't feel the need to say it every time I post. That's what the mods mean by spamming, saying the same thing over and over and over and over again without offering anything new, or even any reason as to why you love them. It's just pointless and gets in the way of real discussion.

Thank you for your appreciation of my precious anti-Rachel thread :P. I do realise that I say "I hate Rachel" an awful lot, but the reason that's not spamming is because I back it up as clearly as I can, and I don't make a habit of attacking people who do like her, or accusing them of being shallow, saying that they only like her for her looks, etc. That is, unfortunately, why I had to start the thread, because I was being constantly attacked for my negative opinions. That is why a lot of anti-threads exist, so people feel that they can state their opinion safely, and why people get upset if someone knowingly goes in there to attack that opinion. It's rude and hurtful and unfair. If people could just respect each other and realise that saying "I hate Rachel" is very different from saying "I hate you for hating Rachel," then this forum, and the world, would be a much happier place.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just outline what everyone else has said. People have been spamming in the Adelle topic - we all know that, and they've been warned. Some people continued to spam. No thread should grow ten pages in an hour, the thread was designed to appreciate Aden and Belle's relationship and to discuss the relationship.

There is absolutely no problem going into the anti thread if you like them and vice versa - and people doing that is not the problem. It's okay to discuss negative points even if your a fan (and vice versa), but it's not okay to abuse people's opinions and tell them they're stupid, is it? It's not. That's why we're taking action.

And to be honest, I used to like Adelle, and that thread was partly what ruined the couple for me. I couldn't even post in there because as soon as I did the post was swallowed by another three pages that had grown in the space of time I had to write a few paragraph.

Like I said in my other post, I'm so pleased this is happening. I'm an adelle fan and like to keep up to date with the adelle appreciation thread on the off chance that something worth discussing is posted. Unfortunalty that doesn't happen very often and I would go to read new posts in the morning and find 10 pages of mostly nothing. I actually found myself heading to the anti adelle thread as there was actual discussing going on in there and some interesting points were being brought up.

I don't think there is any need to keep people with different opinions out of certian threads. I find myself going in to anti threads all the time, weather I like the character or not, sometimes just for a laugh at what is being said (especially the anti Rachel thread if emmasi has posted, love her comments lol). It just comes down to people respecting other peoples opinions and the forum rules...

Anyway, that's just something I've been wanting to get off my chest for a while now :lol:

I agree with you about the Adelle threads. I'm an Adelle fan, but the anti-Adelle thread was much more interesting. There's only so many times you can read "omg i luuuuuv dem!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o" I love them too, but I don't feel the need to say it every time I post. That's what the mods mean by spamming, saying the same thing over and over and over and over again without offering anything new, or even any reason as to why you love them. It's just pointless and gets in the way of real discussion.

Thank you for your appreciation of my precious anti-Rachel thread :P. I do realise that I say "I hate Rachel" an awful lot, but the reason that's not spamming is because I back it up as clearly as I can, and I don't make a habit of attacking people who do like her, or accusing them of being shallow, saying that they only like her for her looks, etc. That is, unfortunately, why I had to start the thread, because I was being constantly attacked for my negative opinions. That is why a lot of anti-threads exist, so people feel that they can state their opinion safely, and why people get upset if someone knowingly goes in there to attack that opinion. It's rude and hurtful and unfair. If people could just respect each other and realise that saying "I hate Rachel" is very different from saying "I hate you for hating Rachel," then this forum, and the world, would be a much happier place.

I spent alot of time in the appreciation thread. I agree that before the announcments came a couple of weeks ago there was quite a lot of spamming. However after that I noticed that spamming went down A LOT!! and we all posted things that involved discussions. I cant remember someone saying 'omg i luvvvv dem' in fact I dont think anyone really says that. We discussed the epsiodes that we had seen that day and then we discussed what we thought was going to happen in the future. Whats wrong with that? There might have been some points that were repeated but I think thats because people didn't see that the point had already been made. It was only a couple of individuals that attacked people not every adelle fan on this forum. The only reason it was big was because there are alot of adelle fans.

However I am very glad that there is going to be a revamp of the charecter/actor appreciation. i think its whats needed. i think the Mods do a BRILLIANT job on this forum as well. :)

No, the spamming didn't go down a lot. The thread still grew at an alarming rate and I am a regular visitor in that thread and I've been keeping tabs. There was a LOT of Spam, just hidden up by minor discussions. This might sound harsh, but it's true. And please be aware that there will be very strict rules and we will not be as kind this time around. If you break the rules you'll be warned. Simple as that.

So what if the apparent spamming involves "aww can't wait for protective aden" etc. Just because there are also a lot of teens on the forum and we don't have that vocabulary to post long, hard thoughtful paragraphs doesn't mean it's not discussion. We can't all post like in the australian episode discussions. If we can't post that kinda lines, maybe there shouldn't be appreciation threads at all. Why not just discussion threads. Generally the word appreciation thread sticks in minds a lot and people feel the need to post something great/awesome/nice thing about the person/couple in each post.

I wonder what the new strict rules are.

So what if the apparent spamming involves "aww can't wait for protective aden" etc. Just because there are also a lot of teens on the forum and we don't have that vocabulary to post long, hard thoughtful paragraphs doesn't mean it's not discussion. We can't all post like in the australian episode discussions. If we can't post that kinda lines, maybe there shouldn't be appreciation threads at all. Why not just discussion threads. Generally the word appreciation thread sticks in minds a lot and people feel the need to post something great/awesome/nice thing about the person/couple in each post.

I wonder what the new strict rules are.

Well that's what we're trying to do - get rid of the Appreciation sense of it and create more discussion. We're not looking for big words or anything - we're looking for discussion. DISCUSS Aden and Belle, but don't say "Aww cant wait for protective aden" or "omg how hawt is aden?" because that doesn't contribute to discussion. Big words aren't necessary but neither are comments like "Aden is ahwt and Belle is so lucky" or something. It's not just them comments either, it's the abuse some people have been getting for not liking Adelle - some of you saw that someone got undermined by someone for not liking them.

Well if you’re referring to yesterday then to be fair to that person I just think they were new and hadn’t read the rules and didn’t realise the concept of the appreciation depreciation threads and why they are there in the first place. But I accept that overall there was a much wider problem than simply once instance of this that needed to be addressed and I guess will be now.

For me, the problem is that I don't hate Adelle, but I don't have the crazy amounts of love for them like in the appreciation thread. I would like to discuss them though, but I don't really feel like I fit in either of the threads. So by making them more like discussion threads sounds like a fabulous idea to me. :)

Archived