Character/Actor Appreciation

Guest Eli

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, there was a disagreement in one of the threads earlier on today. Obviously this sort of thing has to stop but as someone said the only way around that would be to enforce complete segregation within the threads. The pro factions stick to theirs and the anti people do likewise. No exceptions.

It's pretty much a mix of everything. It just wasn't working the way it was, and a lot of members no longer felt like they were welcome in that part of the forum. It's not necessarily anyone's fault, just the fact that there were weaknesses in the system that allowed unfortunate situations and problems to be an issue. It's a mix of spamming and people attacking each other and a lot of confusion about the point of some of the threads. Basically we now want to make the forum more discussion-friendly.

Does that mean that our 800 page thread is gone?! :(

Could you possibly make a rule that people who are anti a character cannot post on an appreciation page for the character, being anti, and vice versa? Maybe that would clear it up; to me it seemed like the boundaries for what could & couldn't be said on those threads became blurred?

There wer boundaries, but people didn't follow them, apreciaters started telling anti-people they were being stupid and the anti-people backlashed and when this happened some people didn't feel welcome. Even I felt I couldn't voice my opinions, and we're trying to make the forum stricter, but more friendly. There will be a lot of new rules so we'd love it if you could co-operate.

Hmm, I guess it’s been on the cards. First there was that warning from the Moderators regarding the Aden and Belle discussions, then like I said I’m wondering if the disagreement earlier on this afternoon in the Anti-Adelle thread was the last straw.

Archived