Quick Questions

emmauk06

Hi, sorry guys, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm the air date of the 1989 finale episode? For some reason I have episode 448 wich is the season finale, listed as airing on the 29th/11/1989 but sites which have episode guides say it aired on 24th/11?

If anyone has time could you post a link to a reliable episode guide or is there one on the main BTTB website?

Thanks much in advance :)

^There is a list of airdates for all episodes on the main site.You can click on the Episodes link at the top of the page or follow the link below:

http://www.backtothebay.net/episodes/archive.php

According to the BTTB guide, the last eight episodes of the season were shown over four weeks, with double bills on the Tuesdays and the last two episodes of 1989 were shown on 12th December.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah it was really just a cameo reappearance. He annoyed Sally to the point that she quit her job at Bonza Burgers, then she and Vinnie set up a rival burger stall outside. He thought Shauna was a lesbian and then challenged her to triathlon. He was a bit of comic relief during the pretty dark Ailsa coma storyline. I'm not sure if there was anything in there about him seeking forgiveness from Donald or looking for redemption. I'm pretty sure there wasn't.

Edited by beau_t
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for the details you've given :) So was it a pretty pointless return then? I wonder what led them to bring the character back 5 years after he'd departed, just for a guest stint when he barely had any links left...?

He had aged quite a lot by the look of the pictures he was in from that time. Does anyone else agree, or was he still a heart-throb back then?! :)

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the details you've given :) So was it a pretty pointless return then? I wonder what led them to bring the character back 5 years after he'd departed, just for a guest stint when he barely had any links left...?

He had aged quite a lot by the look of the pictures he was in from that time. Does anyone else agree, or was he still a heart-throb back then?! :)

I don't remember him looking much older. I am sure there was one scene he was walking about in a towel trying to impress Shauna, he looked in quite good shape.

I seem to remember he was back for quite a while, couple of months or so.It was a definite guest stint rather than a cameo, he moved in with James and Shauna and was part of the show again for a bit.I think he and Donald basically made their peace before he left so there was no reason to drag it up again six years after the fact.He did seem to undergo a bit of a personality change from loveable rogue to smug git, although he wasn't totally without redeeming features.I remember Shauna was being stalked at the time and she thought it was him.Then he went off to a business conference, got offered a job and didn't come back.And then there was that odd line the following year when we learned the company had gone bust and he was presumably out of a job, although we were never told what actually happened to him...