Quick Questions

emmauk06

What happens to Dag Dog later down the line? Is he just forgotten about and disappears or does he die?

I'm open to being corrected but I think he just disappears.I seem to remember about 5-10 years back there was a feature where they asked castmembers what puzzled them most about the show and Kate Ritchie's question was "What happened to Dag Dog?"

^No, 1992's when I started watching so I probably remember those credits better than, say, 1995.Sally was in a caption with Donald.(And I've just checked them out on the main site and gone "Ooh, that's what Alf and Ailsa's caption looked like!")Possibly he's there in 1991?

Ah I had a feeling I was wrong about that. Oh well 1991 it probably was then! I remember vividly she is sitting on the grass laughing and playing with Dagdog who has a stick in his mouth. I always thought it would have been cute if they credited Dagdog.

I know the one you're thinking of but can't for the life of me find the episode on my hard drive that I've seen it in recently - the one with Sally sitting on a patch of grass laughing whilst playing tug-of-war with the dog - I can remember it's a blue shape too..... pretty sure that is 1991.

Edit: Looks like we both know the shot well, had this window open whilst looking for the ep so didn't see your reply :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M92FGy57Z4

The shot there: I imagine in 1991 Sophie gets moved with Haydn at some point, so I guess that's what Sally's gets.

EDIT: It's used in 717 and 850, so presumably every episode between as well.

I can't be certain of the episodes the changes take place.

However my guess is Sally and Sophie together, when Haydn arrives, Sophie is moved to the shot with Haydn on a surfboard. This stays like this for most of 1991. Fisher and Bobby are together after Steven leaves in what is one of my favourite shots I believe. In 1992 at some point, Greg and Finlay are added. Bobby is put with Greg and Sophie is put with Finlay (Haydn only staying 150 episodes or so), and Sally then moves with Fisher.

http://www.backtothebay.net/credits/opening/credits_92.shtml

EDIT 2: He's still around in Ep962 after Sam breaks his toy JCB trying to give Dag-Dog a ride in it.

I know the one you're thinking of but can't for the life of me find the episode on my hard drive that I've seen it in recently - the one with Sally sitting on a patch of grass laughing whilst playing tug-of-war with the dog - I can remember it's a blue shape too..... pretty sure that is 1991.

Edit: Looks like we both know the shot well, had this window open whilst looking for the ep so didn't see your reply :P

Great minds think alike!

Thanks for finding it Ryan, shame about the awful butchering of the credits that guy did!

Quick question about the freeze-frame ending that occurred between 88-99 (as far as I'm aware). Early in 1988 they began showing the Home and Away logo over the freeze frame, and it still occurs in the 1990 episodes I'm currently watching. When did this stop, as it doesn't happen on the later 90's episodes. Thanks

I think there's a difference between the Australian and International viewings since I have two copies of Ben and Carly's reception. One has the logo, one doesn't. I think though I've read it changes around the time the theme tune changes which is around the time Marilyn and Bobby return in 1995.