Support Group

Dan F

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ That is normal. I don't live with my family, just my two foster brothers and there are times when I go over to see my family and I end up hating them all because I am constantly having to justify my decision to move away from them all. You are only human at the end of the day, don't expect things to make sense when it comes to your family because it rarely makes sense. You can love your sisters and not like them at the same time, it comes with families. Feeling guilty about talking about it is totally normal but it doesn't make you a bitch, it just means you are human. Don't feel like you can't talk about it to whoever you want to talk about, its better to talk about it rather than keep it all inside because that will make you bitter and more frustrated.

• 4 weeks later...

I suffer from Bipolar and depression and have alot of Issues to deal with including the lost of a close friend and im Talking to a counselor.

I know how you many of you feel. I worked a 10 hour shift than came home and was called names because 1 hour was considered to be too long online!

To some older people TV and other media considered evil!

OH well more stress!

I appricate kind words and dont wish to cause any issues since I feel life too short as one of my exes once told me.

Dingo some people dont appricate anything!

Take care

• 2 weeks later...

I paid £150 to do a 10 week evening course at my local college. Have gone through 9 weeks of studying my arse off ready for the exam to then be told... 'make sure you bring ID'...

This information would have been great if told at week 1. Now I risk not being able to sit the exam at all because I have no bloody ID at all. I have emailed the awarding body (City & Guilds) asking what they take as ID but if it is picture ID they needed then I am well and truly fudged.

:( I'm just praying to the Gods now.

ETA: Plus my sister owes me £870 even though she works and I am on ESA benefit and had spent many months saving what was left every fortnight... but lets not open that can of worms...

I paid £150 to do a 10 week evening course at my local college. Have gone through 9 weeks of studying my arse off ready for the exam to then be told... 'make sure you bring ID'...

This information would have been great if told at week 1. Now I risk not being able to sit the exam at all because I have no bloody ID at all. I have emailed the awarding body (City & Guilds) asking what they take as ID but if it is picture ID they needed then I am well and truly fudged.

ETA: Plus my sister owes me £870 even though she works and I am on ESA benefit and had spent many months saving what was left every fortnight... but lets not open that can of worms...

ETA: Plus my sister owes me £870 even though she works and I am on ESA benefit and had spent many months saving what was left every fortnight... but lets not open that can of worm

Oh I hope you don't have to start your course again Haven't you got a passport or drivers license?

I know how annoying starting a course all over again is. But hopefully that won't happen to you. :)

Good luck.

Exam update: I sat the exam last night using a temporary student ID card. City & Guilds emailed me back yesterday morning saying my birth certificate would work but glad I didn't wait around and use that advice because the woman was checking pictures to make sure we were who we were supposed to be ^_^ .

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't know where to begin so I predict this will be a brief message from me. I'm at the youngish age of 16 (going on 17) and suffer from anxiety and depression. When I think back over the 4 years I was at secondary school I think it stems from years of severe bullying name-calling from my peers. I really had an awful time at school and once I even walked out of my class and hid in the town and cried.

Things have gotten so bad that I can't even go out to my local Co-op or go out in public out of fear of running into someone who will hurl vitriolic abuse at me - it's happened before. Even when I go out jogging on a quiet road that's out of the way I'm becoming convinced that someone will appear out of nowhere and hurt me verbally. Some may think I'm over sensitive but I guess after years of bullying it's what happens. I mentioned that I suffer from depression - some days I feel really strong and that I could take on the world then others I feel like there's no point in living and that nothing will ever go right for me. I really just want to get over the anxiety and not be afraid of the buggers who have reduced me to this. My Mum has tried to get me to see a GP to be prescribed some pills for depression but I've read that they have all sorts of nasty side-effects. I've spoken to a counsellor before which was nice but hasn't really helped.

^ I have been seeing my counsellor for 2 years for my various issues, honestly one counsellor might not help you much but someone else might be so much better, it took a while till I found my counsellor and she's perfect for me. I haven't taken any antidepressants in my life despite being depressed since I was 15. They may have side effects but talk to your GP, they can reccommend one for you. Hope this helps and I am here if you want to talk.

I really don't know where to begin so I predict this will be a brief message from me. I'm at the youngish age of 16 (going on 17) and suffer from anxiety and depression. When I think back over the 4 years I was at secondary school I think it stems from years of severe bullying name-calling from my peers. I really had an awful time at school and once I even walked out of my class and hid in the town and cried.

Things have gotten so bad that I can't even go out to my local Co-op or go out in public out of fear of running into someone who will hurl vitriolic abuse at me - it's happened before. Even when I go out jogging on a quiet road that's out of the way I'm becoming convinced that someone will appear out of nowhere and hurt me verbally. Some may think I'm over sensitive but I guess after years of bullying it's what happens. I mentioned that I suffer from depression - some days I feel really strong and that I could take on the world then others I feel like there's no point in living and that nothing will ever go right for me. I really just want to get over the anxiety and not be afraid of the buggers who have reduced me to this. My Mum has tried to get me to see a GP to be prescribed some pills for depression but I've read that they have all sorts of nasty side-effects. I've spoken to a counsellor before which was nice but hasn't really helped.

I am so sorry to hear about that, Light of The Bay. No one deserves to be bullied like that :(

I used to be bullied too at my old schools because of my disability. I am born with Noonan's Syndrome and fully deaf. I was kind of a outcast at my old schools and I never get involved in social groups much really. I would sometimes sit down by myself and have lunch.

I was miserable and lonely at my old boarding school (for the deaf) because I was homesick and three hours away from home and my family. I was glad when I finished boarding school in Dec 2004. I remembered I used to scratch my wrists with a pin. I did talk to a counsellor but didn't help much really. I did find it hard to trust anyone. I know why I was like that because I was far away from home and my family while I was at boarding school.

I used to be tearful in town when people would stare at me and then turn away to giggle, whisper cruel remarks to one each other behind my back. It did hurt me to see how disabled people are beginning treated like crap, not human begins.But now I had learnt how to handle it when I am out in town-I just igroned them and walked tall with my head high in the air.

You have my sympathy Light of bay. I was bullied too in school and NO one wanted to do anything about it. Im not shocked its such an issue not only here but over the pond. I think people want to see how strong and tough we are and they dont understand our illiness.

I did have a good counselor and would rather talk that trust meds. Yet I lost her help and I now have another one and maybe you should do the same? Take Zetti advice.

Archived