Support Group

Dan F

I get bad news and all you can say is that I should be more like my older sister? What happened to caring about me? How come I don't get a hug? Instead you push me to one side & tell me I'm not clever or smart or worth it? I really don't want to be around anymore. Life really isn't worth it anymore. I couldn't even graduate to out a smile on my own mothers face. What is the point?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sympathise with anyone struggling to get a job. I'm working in a local bar for little more than I was getting on JSA. Thankfully I'm still living with my mum but it doesn't make things any better.

On top of that I've just totally screwed things up with a woman. Again. It seems to be that anyone that tries to get close to me at the moment I push them away.

Is it me, or is kissing on the first date not cool for people in their late 20s now?

Or am I just pissed out my mind as I am most evenings and over-analysing the situation?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to know what happened to you. You've gone from being a nice person into being a b*%&£... you say the most awful things to the people who care about and are worried about you and then b*%&£ about us. You need to wake up to who you are becoming and the scary thing is that I don't think you even CARE. You don't even stop and think before you say stuff and then it's OUR fault not yours.

But I'm done. I'm really had enough. I sit here tonight, trying to sort out things for tomorrow, I've got a really big day coming up and all I can think about is you and the way you've changed. It hurts me. You can't see that and even if you could you'd shrug it off.

But what hurts more is that I'm supposed to be happy, my birthday is coming up, and I've cancelled all my plans to celebrate because I dont' have anyone to celebrate with. I don't see anyone, i don't spend time with anyone. I'm alone. And maybe that is all I deserve.

Today was supposed to be a good day. Laughing & reminiscing about our little escapades. Our little adventures & all I can think of is how life is cruel. I honestly miss you even more now because it's nearly a year since I lost you. They say time heals but it just makes it hurt more. I have had so many moments this year when I've been happy. Yet I feel guilty because I don't have you in my life anymore. It hurts. I'm so tired of hurting. I want it to stop. I miss you babe. I really do.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh wow. I guess I really needed to hear my mom going on for 20 minutes about what a selfish and lazy thing I am and how every centimeter and all the time invested in me was for nothing. Just because I dared to watch TVD for two hours on a Saturday (!!).... :/

Don't let it get you down hun, my mum is the same. When i'm on holiday I can keep the house clean for 5 days straight and then I decide to have a day off and my mum says I never do anything around the house blah blah blah. I've started to learn just to block her out.

Oh wow. I guess I really needed to hear my mom going on for 20 minutes about what a selfish and lazy thing I am and how every centimeter and all the time invested in me was for nothing. Just because I dared to watch TVD for two hours on a Saturday (!!).... :/

Don't let it get you down hun, my mum is the same. When i'm on holiday I can keep the house clean for 5 days straight and then I decide to have a day off and my mum says I never do anything around the house blah blah blah. I've started to learn just to block her out.

Yep I pretty much do the same that's just Mom's for you. :D

Archived