Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Not sure what the law is in Australia regarding unmarried couples who have a child but here even if Luc had been VJ's he wouldn't automatically had custody of Luc, Billie would have had to make a will or written declaration that VJ was to be her guardian.  Sadly both of them thought their marriage was legal, and they didn't register VJ as the father, but as it is either the mothers parents get custody or nearest blood relative in this case Ash. We know she said VJ was to look after her, but there was nothing in writing.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really frustrating watching the stuff with Justin and Willow.  I don't really care about the vulnerability she's apparently showing as Justin's got her to open up.  I still find her annoying pretty much every time she's on screen.  She seems familiar from somewhere.  It didn't actually occur to me that she was effectively a replacement for Scarlett.  Although at least with Scarlett Justin helping her was a lot more understandable i.e. she went out of her way to help Brody previously so it was initiated partly by gratitude.  Whereas with Willow I think his main purpose for helping her (and ignoring how she tied him up and left him in the garage overnight, took his dog and used it as some soft of ransom) is purely to sleep with her.

One thing about what happened with Mick to me reinforces the pack mentality with Summer Bay residents.  Now, Ash is different.  I understand that Mick raped and impregnated his sister so he has a right to hate him, never forgive what happened and want to keep the last remaining remnant of his sister (which is surprising why he's OK with VJ taking her off especially given that he acknowledged when VJ was shaking Luc not to mention the reservations Leah expressed).  I know he has a kid coming but it's not something he can identify with at this moment.  Not like with Luc who he's cared for and looked after.  I've been very disappointed with Irene.  I understand from her perspective he's done some reprehensible things such as the rapes and kidnapping her but it really feels like she doesn't care for him at all.  Not even a little bit.  Tori I've also been disappointed but more from a professional perspective although I understand she has a vested interest in Ash.  Did feel sorry for Leah and I guess VJ leaving is another thing I can blame Billie for.

Found it interesting when Quinn said to Ryder that he would be happy if she disappeared from his life completely.  I wonder if she was thinking of Alf when she said that.  Whilst I wouldn't go as far as saying she's unlikeable, there's very few positive things to say about her.  I was kind of glad Roo called her out on her attitude towards him.  Despite Ryder being highly annoying at times she appears to view him as a nuisance.  She's obviously not keen on Alf either.  The actress definitely played a doctor at NDH.  She was on Heart Break high as well.

Whilst he was obviously interested in her designs, I suspected Axel was also using his working relationship with Olivia to try and seduce her.  Apart from showing naivety, I don't think Olivia did too much wrong but I would infer from observing their body language and the interaction in that scene just before Axel kissed her that Olivia probably likes him too.  Despite my dislike for Axel I thought there was real spark and chemistry there.

46 minutes ago, Slade said:

Did feel sorry for Leah and I guess VJ leaving is another thing I can blame Billie for.

You know what annoys me about Ash? He acts like Billie was perfect and innocent. Obviously the rape wasn't her fault, but I've never liked her and had very little sympathy for her after she lied about Nate raping her. She didn't give a damn that she was ruining his career, his life, or his reputation. Why was she so worthy of a second chance and forgiveness (towards the end of her life Saint Status), but Mick isn't even treated like a Human?

Also, remember when Billie LIED and said that VJ's the father, Ash went over and punched him for getting his sister pregnant. As if VJ took advantage of her or something. I honestly can't stand Ash. He's so blinded by loyalty.

Yes but as I remember it Ash went for Billie like a overreacted whomping wombat thanks to George Masons very funny  over acting haha a reason why I find Ash so amusing. Billie  just blurt out the first thing to spring into her mind 

I actually took the opposite view of H&Alover to Olivia's interaction with Axel: She may not have kissed him back but she certainly didn't stop him.There was a moment when he paused as if giving her an opportunity to pull back if she wanted to.I can't quite work out where she's going, whether she feels she doesn't want to rock the boat when Axel's helping her career or whether she's actually tempted.I don't think she particularly minded Axel kissing her even though I don't think she wants to break up with Hunter either.

Confirmation for anyone still querying it that VJ didn't break any laws.I found Ash throwing Mick's victory dance back in his face very satisfying.Unfortunately, the episode then tries desperately to wring every iota of sympathy it can into a character who doesn't care a bit about another human being.Mick just wanted Luc as some sort of reward and he basically views Irene the same way.I often disapprove of the town's pack mentality (as I did when they all ganged up on Billie for lying about Nate, and I think she suffered enough in life without everyone turning on her in death as some people seem to want - she did things that were wrong but at heart she was a good person who deserved better than she got) but as far as Mick's concerned I think it's appropriate: Who would like scum like him living in their town? So it's a bit frustrating that Alf and Irene are suddenly being all nicey nice with him instead of letting him walk off the pier.I guess now Luc's safe from him they suddenly feel generous.I hope to goodness she never does try and track him down and I don't think VJ would ever let that happen.I loved that Ash called him her dad again at last.

Elsewhere...Ash, Kat, Robbo, nothing new to be honest despite the baby complication.Robbo still seems confused over whether he's a baddie or a goodie and now has Mr Special Task Force looking into things he'd rather leave buried.

And...are we meant to take it that Leah left town off screen? Why not just have her go with VJ in the first place instead of have her follow him what seems to be the next day when he won't have even got there himself yet?(The timescale is a bit confusing: Most references indicate it's still the day after VJ's departure but then Mick refers to Irene distracting him "the other day".)

Leah was originally going to go with VJ for a bit wasn’t she? Or at least take him to the city. Maybe she got the original flight VJ was going to go on and changed it to her name.

It’s one of those times where you think, what has Leah got left to stay for other than a half share in the diner and Ada Nicodemou’s contract?

Yes, VJ hasn’t broken any laws, but he can’t return to Australia unless he intends to stay as otherwise the injunction (if still standing) will mean he is breaking the law.

Anybody else starting to feel sorry for Mick in a real bad way? I am! And now Irene’s all over him offering help again. No wonder the poor bloke is confused and messed up. 

I agree with previous posts about Leah’s off screen departure being very odd. Was it not supposed to happen that way? As others have said she might aswell have left with them as all we saw was her upset in the pier that’s it. 

Looks like Robbos lies are catching up with him, and I fear we’re going to have lots of disagreements between Ash and Tori again.  All in all a good episode and this week looks set to be a good one

I do feel a bit sorry for Mick and have to say he took it all rather well.

Irene and Alf suddenly being all nice to him was somewhat hypocritical after the way they have treated him but Alf did have some words of wisdom.

Was Olivia wearing one of her own creations? Can't see her selling many of those :rolleyes:

Archived