Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

harrietjames mentioned that just because Bianca never talks about her rape it doesn't mean she has entirely forgotten it which is likely.  Irene was raped, by her uncle no less, at 15 and while she did go on to to marry and have three children and other relationships it did lead her to become an alcoholic.  On a conscious level she believed she had got over it, but drinking was her escape. Olivia although she wasn't raped, she was sexually assaulted, again as a young underage teen, and that led to her self harming another way of blotting out what happened. It's stopped now but that's because she is secure in her relationship with Hunter, she isn't as confident as she comes across.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To go off on a brief tangent, seeing Conor McIntyre in Corrie is even weirder if you remember 15 years ago he was in ITV's latest failed-rival-to-Casualty A&E as the Charlie Fairhead character: The kindly paternalistic senior nurse! You kind of feel sorry for him.Now that he's going to be forever associated with one of the vilest villains in soap history, he's never going to be cast as anything else.

Anyway...Home and Away.And while there might be wisdom in Novak taking Kat somewhere quiet to finish her off, he instantly goes into full Bond Villain mode by trapping her in a car and then very very slowly grabbing it with a crane and putting it in a compactor, at which point he was probably going to get out and walk very very slowly over to the On button."Just shoot her, man!" Throw in the busy road from which no-one sees the incompetent assassin stalking around with a gun in full view of everyone, and Kat turning into a helpless damsel in distress at the first sign of Robbo, just sitting around waiting for him to come back when her feet aren't even tied and then not bothering to alert the authorities... Guess our concern about Murray was unnecessary, since he just turns up back at the station with no ill effects.Robbo continues to want to protect both Kat and his secret and is mostly coming across as a jerk at worst.

Hunter seems to be trying to replace his creepy vibe with a cheesy one.And I still find it very hard to take him and Olivia seriously so I was relieved that his proposal was a wash-out.(I'm assuming his speech was going to go "The day we first met...I told VJ he was welcome to you.")And Ben is clearly regretting asking Diana to stay longer.I did find the scenes amusing although it's slightly hard to know where our sympathies are meant to lie.And I wish someone would decide how Coco's meant to feel.Last week she seemed as annoyed at Diana's presence as everyone else, here she's back to fawning all over her and grinning like an idiot at the idea of her moving to town.

Well that was a bit stressful! I hope the baby is ok. How did Robbo get his car keys back? Did I blink and miss it when he was at the police station? Also very impressed how Robbo seemed to just walk over the wall to the car compound with ease lolol. I hope that the baby is ok and looking at the promo kats further along than first thought which could mean Ash will have a lot of nappies to buy ?!?!?! 

Unlike you Red Ranger I really like Gunter and Olivia together. And out of recent ‘young couples’ rude my favourite and feel like the most successful. When I realised he would propose I was quite excited but I fear that Olivia is changing for the worse hanging out with big bad Axle. Which is a real shame as I was hoping these two might get a happy ending. Of course it still could end happily.....

i really dont mind Granny Astoni sticking around. She’s growing on me

That is the problem when an actor/actress plays a baddie so well, they can get typecast.  Mark Eden who played Alan Bradley never managed to shake off that role.  Claire King - Kim Tate in Emmerdale - did though.  I remember A&E, Jane Danson was in it.

Kat's legs may have been free but Novak had tied her hands to the steering wheel so I didn't see the sense of her trying to kick the door open.  Even if Kat had managed to elude him how would she have got out of the scrap yard? Yes, how did Robbo get from Yabby Creek cop shop to the yard, mind you he is fit so could have run it. It sounded from what McCarthy was saying that it was on the outskirts of town, certainly a quiet area. Handy that it was McCarthy in the car that stopped Robbo when he was speeding so he didn't have to go into a long explanation. I was surprised to see Murray at the station and not in hospital getting checked over. One revelation from Novak the scarp yard was Beckett's dumping ground not his, something Robbo hasn't remembered yet.

Cripes and double cripes, Kat is further along than she thought she was - touch of de je vu there  Bianca, Liam and Heath - and naturally it had to be Tori who discovered it in her examination of Kat, not at all awkward. I didn't catch how long, listen again tonight. :blush:Allowing for the fact Kat hasn't been pregnant before so wouldn't necessarily recognise the symptoms, she isn't showing any outward signs. Kat & Ash must have had sex sooner before their breakup than we thought and so much for them always being careful. OK I know the pill isn't 100%.  Two guys who have to have difficult news broken to them, which reminds me of the scene when Kat was at the Stewart house and Ash came in with Luc and Tori, looked like it was the first time she had seen all three together, that came across a bit stilted and I don't know if it's because she's pregnant but Kat seemed more relaxed seeing Luc.

I was hoping when Hunter showed Mason the ring, he'd say 'But Hunter this is so sudden!' but damn he didn't. :D  Maybe just as well things didn't go to plan, what with Axel grease keep on interrupting the mood, as Olivia didn't like the ring, though if it had worked as Hunter intended she may have accepted it as a token. 

Good and bad news for Ben, Maggie and Ziggy Diana is moving out but moving to the bay.  Like when she opened up to Ben we saw her softer side  admitting to Maggie she had been hoping she and Richard would get back together, slightly confused is he her ex or are they still married?  I can't really see her as a full time bay resident she looks on it as being beneath her, her condescending to go to the Diner for breakfast because Ben, Maggie and Coco like it being a case in point. Was  a nice little chat between her and Alf though, guessing from what Ben and Maggie said she's not the best cook. Coco does seem to swing from liking having her around to finding her too much at close proximity. Ziggy seemed determined she wouldn't be, trying to enlist Coco in getting her to change her mind.

21 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Anyway...Home and Away.And while there might be wisdom in Novak taking Kat somewhere quiet to finish her off

OK so Novak didn't kill Kat at her place because he wanted to dispose of her body.

I was surprised Kat was able to even overpower Novak briefly to escape.  And I still didn't understand his logic.  If he wanted to kill her then why go to the trouble of tying her up in a car with the aim of crushing her to death.  Why not just shoot her?  Was that really just to make her suffer?

Diana's moving to Summer Bay.  Yah.  Maggie seemed more bothered than Ben.  Wonderful!

I though Coco was OK with Maggie staying.  I must have missed when she expressed she didn't want Maggie around.

I was shaking my head through most of the Hunter/Olivia stuff.  Perhaps a good idea that Hunter didn't propose.  Given her chosen career path I don't think he's high on her list of priorities.

5 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Kat's legs may have been free but Novak had tied her hands to the steering wheel so I didn't see the sense of her trying to kick the door open.

Yes, good point, I'd forgotten that when I posted.(Of course, that begs the question of why Robbo opened the car door and helped her turn round then just ran off leaving her tied up.Deliberate so he could deal with Novak without her knowing?)So, whoever else he's killed, Robbo has definitely killed Novak.Er, maybe.To be fair, we didn't see what happened so it might have been an accident.That said, dumping him in the water is not going to do his cause any good.His explanation for why he waited so long to call the police was flimsy at best (and why did he wait until he was back at the hospital before calling McCarthy?) but might just about wash.Of course, Kat's got other things on her mind now.I took a delicious delight in seeing Kat and Tori's faces fall as they realised "Oh cr*p", they've both been a bit too smug about how this has turned out, and we haven't even seen Robbo's reaction to finding out his happy ending...isn't yet.(The promo gave us a nice glimpse of it though.)Mind you, part of me is going "Didn't Ash already have this storyline with Kyle and Phoebe?"

I found Coco a bit annoying in the first part of the episode with her grinning inanely about the idea of Diana moving to town, obviously not caring that the rest of her family weren't happy with the idea.It kind of felt like she'd been lobotomised.(I seem to remember there was a scene after her outburst made Diana stay where she said something like "I get what you meant now."Last week, when Diana dragged them all out for breakfast, she insisted on getting Coco pancakes instead of the presumably low fat breakfast she really wanted and Maggie quietly offered to swap with her.)But I loved the way Coco turned the tables on everyone and managed to get Ziggy's iPad and volunteer her to do her chores.Nice bit of back story with Maggie having a sister in London.I get the feeling Diana and Richard have been separated for some years but were still legally married.

6 hours ago, Slade said:

OK so Novak didn't kill Kat at her place because he wanted to dispose of her body.

I was surprised Kat was able to even overpower Novak briefly to escape.  And I still didn't understand his logic.  If he wanted to kill her then why go to the trouble of tying her up in a car with the aim of crushing her to death.  Why not just shoot her?  Was that really just to make her suffer?

Diana's moving to Summer Bay.  Yah.  Maggie seemed more bothered than Ben.  Wonderful!

I though Coco was OK with Maggie staying.  I must have missed when she expressed she didn't want Maggie around.

I was shaking my head through most of the Hunter/Olivia stuff.  Perhaps a good idea that Hunter didn't propose.  Given her chosen career path I don't think he's high on her list of priorities.

I think he was playing with her. Plus it makes for an exciting “touch and go” type episode for us lot ?. Novak is now dead, and potentially floating in the Pacific somewhere. Robbo is calmly relying on his inner Becket to get him through the day. Damn he’s good isn’t he?! Kat isn’t out of the woods yet but the revelation that Ash is the father might be enough to tip Robbo back to the other side and complete his mission all along. To stop Kat testifying. Although there would have to be an explanation of him remembering this of course. 

So Diana is leaving the bay, at least for now. Is a good thing Coco went with her as I feel like she could do with the break to. Had to giggle at Ziggys line “you owe me an iPad” LOL. I do think it would be nice if Diana settled in the bay and integrated with the older folk. But who knows eh?

9 hours ago, 630si said:

I think he was playing with her. Plus it makes for an exciting “touch and go” type episode for us lot ?.

Yes, I can accept the entertainment factor.  I just thought with Novak being a professional killer he would want to get rid of Kat as quickly and efficiently as possible.  Nothing fancy, just ice her.  Although we saw in that episode that Robbo showed us how it should have been done.  Him killing Novak may have been an accident but even if he had killed him in cold blood I still really, really don't care.

As usual finding Ziggy highly annoying and was quite pleased initially when Coco refused to talk Diana into leaving.  I wasn't too happy when Coco did change her mind and managed to talk Diana round although as mentioned above I did really like that scene and the way Coco seized the opportunity to take advantage.  So not only is Diana not going to be around to annoy them but we lose Coco (the only Astoni that I like) for 3 weeks.  Damn!

I still can't believe Tori's going through with this plan of Ash's to run off with Luc.  Her face was a picture when she was looking at Kat's scan and then the realisation that the baby was Ash's :lol::D Total dejection!

I found myself not really liking Tori at the beginning of the episode.She clearly violated the spirit of patient confidentiality while being careful to stick to the letter in bringing Ash to the hospital and forcing Kat to tell him. Still, that's a lot of plans gone aft aglee, with Robbo finding his carefully crafted redemptive life falling apart around him despite his attempt to convince himself otherwise.The penny finally drops for Mick: Everyone sees him as scum and was never going to accept him or see him as Luc's father.And why should they?He's still kidding himself that he's the hero of the story and everyone else are the baddies, but he hasn't even made an attempt to toe the line and be nice to them, he's been manipulating the situation and doing what he wants right from the start.So with Ash wanting to have his cake and eat it, it falls to VJ to finally step up.I don't want him to go but the only way I'd accept it is if he takes Luc with him.They need to be together.

Meanwhile, I found Willow less objectionable than last week although that's mainly because she wasn't actually attacking or threatening anyone.I'm still wary of assuming the New Improved Ben will last but I did like his advice to Justin: Anyone with any sense would run a mile, not buy Willow ice cream.Of course that's not really an option now he's got Boyd turning up in his kitchen.The sensible thing at this point would be to call the police.Something tells me he won't be that smart.

Archived