Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

16 minutes ago, Razabaza said:

How is leaving the country with Luc going to fix things? Surely Mick would just track them down. Besides, wouldn't Ash and Tori be charged with Kidnap?

As Ash has custody of Luc, how could he be charged with kidnap? That doesn't make sense.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Razabaza said:

How is leaving the country with Luc going to fix things? Surely Mick would just track them down. Besides, wouldn't Ash and Tori be charged with Kidnap?

I guess the idea is to take Luc out of the jurisdiction of the Australian social services.Ash is Luc's guardian and Mick currently has no rights to her, so I don't see how it would be kidnapping.Actually, what I'm most puzzled about is what family Irene's meant to have in New Zealand.Fin and Damian are still in Australia, Nathan's in Ireland...Maybe I've forgotten something.Is that meant to be where her sister ended up or something?

5 hours ago, H&Alover said:

I think I read on another post somewhere that Mick could argue in court the sex he had with Billie was consensual, an one night stand, she isn't here to dispute the fact and VJ and Ash's testimony against that would be hearsay.

Yeah, in theory he could, and on recent experience he'd probably get away with it.But I would still like to see someone challenge the idea that while on the run from the police and while stalking his estranged mother and plotting to kidnap her and while suffering from psychosis, he had the time, inclination and ability to stop off and charm a girl half his age into bed...

Anyway, today.As Alf said, if Roo's going to search Ryder's bags, she should make sure she isn't caught.(Was there even a reason for her to be doing it in the front room?)John's suggestion of drugs was completely left field but I get the feeling Ryder knows or suspects more than he's letting on.He seemed very adamant about not going to the doctor, as if afraid of what they'd say.

Diana's "You should have just told me" was a bit rich given that she was interrupting and running off every time Ben and Maggie tried to do just that.But it was nice to see a bit of vulnerability beneath the snobby exterior(bit insensitive for her to force fatty food on a girl with an eating disorder though...).And I love the idea that her great unfulfilled ambition is being an accountant.(That said, maybe it's a cultural thing but I find it slightly hilarious that Home and Away acts as though someone who would have got married in the mid-to-late 70s would have married the first vaguely suitable person that proposed to her.Sometimes I really think soaps haven't realised that we're a generation or two on from when they started.There was a similar line on Coronation Street a few years back.)I'd like to think the show's realised Ben wasn't working the way he was and is trying to soften him, but we've had false dawns in the past so I'll wait and see if he regresses.(Also feels like the assault charge has been forgotten, as these things often are.)I loved Maggie and Coco's utter bewilderment at him being nice to Diana.

Is Kat a police officer or not?She seems to have difficulty grasping the fact that putting criminals behind bar is her job and that she took an oath to protect the public.Her refusing to testify (which started before she found out she was pregnant) was ludicrous on every level.At least she made the right choice in the end.I'm rapidly losing respect for Robbo.I get that he's trying to protect Kat and their baby but there's a certain amount of self-interest in the way he's handling things and he's arguably putting her in danger by keeping details to himself and doing private deals.

30 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Actually, what I'm most puzzled about is what family Irene's meant to have in New Zealand.Fin and Damian are still in Australia, Nathan's in Ireland...Maybe I've forgotten something.

Damian's living in Auckland, she went to visit him during her break at the beginning of 2017 :wink:

17 hours ago, H&Alover said:

It was the way you said you didn't care

And what exactly was it about the way I said I didn't care?  Were you expecting me to put a sad face at the end of the statement or something?  Or were you simply expecting an advanced apology?  I'm so sorry I have to say this but...  Tell me please.

you repeated what I said about H&A being fictional I KNOW!

Yes I know I repeated what you said but it needed to be pointed out because it's central to my argument and by immediately dismissing the fact that H & A is a fictional program you are essential equating any comments posters make to actual people.  So if someone has a certain attitude towards a fictional character that must translate to how they would act towards a real person.  Negative!

Was it because we didn't 'know' Mick's other alleged victims, so it's OK to say we shouldn't care what happened to them.

Yes it is OK because H & A is a fictional program so the characters aren't real (Yep I repeated what you said again!).  So long as the comments towards the characters aren't racist, homophobic or derogatory about their appearance (those are the 3 things I go by) then they should be permitted.

Would it have made a difference if we had?

Would it have made any difference?  Pass.  I don't care about them...remember. :D

We didn't know any of the Yorkshire Ripper's victims, but we could still care about what happened to them. They were innocent

I never said you couldn't care just that a lot of people may not.

a lot of characters in soaps/dramas have been and a lot haven't been and have been bumped off.

You've missed my point.  What I was trying to say was that you got upset because I dared to state that I didn't care about any fictional rape victims but I have made comments about being pleased/cheering when other fictional characters have been murdered and I don't recall you getting annoyed then even though murder is far worse than rape.

I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours but we can still disagree with what each of us say. That's what forums are for after all.

You were more than just expressing an opinion about the actual show.  You were basically insinuating that because I didn't have sympathy for fictional rape victims that I wouldn't be sympathetic to their real life counterparts.  I'm perfectly entitled to respond to that.

I think Robbo was right to try and use the unborn baby to pressurise Kat into not testifying.  I honestly don't think it's worth losing her or the baby's lives.  If it were me I wouldn't testify.  I'm guessing Robbo's probably going to have to kill Novak now.

So this Richard bloke, if he's marrying a 27 year old then fair play to him.  I did feel a bit sorry for Diana when she said she was lonely though.  I have to admit I smiled at Maggie and Coco's bemusement at Ben and Diana getting along.  So he's OK in back to back episodes.  That's a rarity.

Can't say I really like this storyline with Ryder (Although why would Roo take John's advice and go through his things).  I much prefer seeing him trying to hit on Coco and Raffy.

Slade, I think we are just going to accept there are going to be certain aspects we are never to going to agree on.  Though surprisingly I do agree about Robbo trying to persuade Kat not to testify because (a) he loves and (b) she is pregnant with his baby, but, he does have his own reasons for her not to of course.  Was it just coincidence Novak turned up at the same time McCarthy told Kat about her late friend being murdered  and so everything depended on her, or seeing how ahead of the game they have been before, anticipated she would get asked? Another point knowing everything hinged on his testimony did they  kill him so pressure was reapplied to Kat? Yes Kat is a cop so should put her duty before anything else, but having faced threats to her life previously and there was Pete I think his name was, who was willing to testify, it did make Kat, as it would anyone, seriously consider your options. She is a normal human being first and a cop second. As we saw Novak has Kat, what happened to the 24/7 protection, is he going to reveal to Kat Robbo/Beckett's part in it all?  I can just see Kat warning Novak he'd better watch himself when Robbo finds him and him, sneeringly of course, replying Oh you mean Beckett, guess he hasn't told you that if he had done his job properly in the first place we wouldn't be here. In fact you definitely wouldn't be.

Ash was granted guardianship of Luc, but what rights that gives him, as in taking her out of the country, can vary.  While there was no Mick to worry about I think he'd just need to ask VJ/Leah/Irene.  But Mick has started legal proceedings so it could be seen as kidnap.  So it was Irene they were talking about previously, I misheard. I'm still wondering how Ash will be able to leave the country  due to his record seeing how Kyle couldn't.

Roo was easily swayed by John, very unlike her, and dumb to say the least to go rummaging through in his bag in the lounge.:rolleyes:  I think because he wasn't fully awake that saved him from more than just a few bruises and  a bump on the head.  He did admit it had happened before but did get very antsy about going to the doctors, afraid of what he may be told maybe. Lack of proper sleep would mess with your head. He had the idea Roo and Alf were pretending to care, suggesting his mum doesn't, but after his chat with Raffy and Coco seemed more willing to believe them. Roo suggested to Alf he rings Quinn about it, though I have the feeling she won't be bothered as previously said. Nice to see Raffy & Coco are still OK with being mates with him even though he made a total loon of himself the day before.

Couldn't be more obvious to us Diana was avoiding 'the talk', though it took a while for the penny to drop with Maggie and Ben.  Dad Richard sounds a bit of a coward asking Maggie to tell Diana he was getting married. Certainly a turn around for all concerned that it was Ben who got Diana to open up, I'm guessing Richard had already split/divorced before he met his new (younger) lady. That was  a very heart felt "I'm lonely" from Diana to Ben and his tentative hand on her back was touching. Doing sums, loosely, as Maggie is 38/9 I'm putting Diana in her 50's so Maggie's future step mum is half her age at least. Lovely talk he and Diana had in the Surf Club, it may be the circles Diana moved in, she comes across as being from quite a privileged background where having a career was frowned on as opposed to making a good marriage, yes even in the 70's. At least she did like, maybe loved, Richard.  Her admission she was jealous of Maggie and Ben because Maggie was brave enough to marry for love, would have been a big thing for her. Certainly not too late for her to pursue her dream now, she is a very determined lady. Red & Slade (yes again) I agree the look on Coco and Maggie's faces was a picture :D when Ben told Diana she didn't have to go as she shouldn't be alone right now and squeezed her hand, probably wondering who are you two and what have you done with my husband/dad/mother/grandmother?  Only Ziggy to get round now who was looking to get her room back. Diana's still going to come across as snobby over certain things, but I think now Maggie and Ben can now feel they can pull her up over it.   I'm sure the assault charge is still bubbling away on the back burner.

35 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

I'm still pondering how Ash will be able to leave the country seeing how Kyle couldn't.

Ignoring the fluidity of law in the Summer Bay universe, there are two possibilities. Kyle was unable to leave as he was still on a good behaviour bond where are Ash has done his time and been released - not so much an issue of criminal record but status of the sentence. Or the requirements vary depending on the country they were to visit.

1 hour ago, harrietjames said:

Ignoring the fluidity of law in the Summer Bay universe, there are two possibilities. Kyle was unable to leave as he was still on a good behaviour bond where are Ash has done his time and been released - not so much an issue of criminal record but status of the sentence. Or the requirements vary depending on the country they were to visit.

That could explain it, ta harrietjames.  Btw it's seeming Axel is going to be coming in between Hunter & Olivia, why am I not surprised.

Archived