Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Well, that was a strange episode. I thought I had missed one, as even the catch-up didn't show VJ leaving.

Nice to see Brody, looking even more dishy than anything he cooks (those eyes!). He could do so much better than Ziggy though.

Olivia doesn't deserve Hunter (even though he has zero personality). Hasn't Axel heard about all that Harvey Weinstein business?

Ryder is one of the better teenage characters, so I hope he can stick around.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alf's episode count this week:Four (and he was credited on Tuesday for no appearance).Marilyn was only in one and John didn't appear at all.

It did feel a bit odd to have so little follow-up to VJ's departure, although Leah checking out his room was a nice touch and it was obviously weighing heavily on her, while Hunter and Olivia mentioned it in passing.I'm surprised we didn't see Mick's reaction though, does he even know they're gone?(Hunter and Olivia also seemed behind the times, not knowing about his rushed departure.)I'm assuming that was Alf's rarely-mentioned seaplane that he bought with Duncan.To go over old ground, I didn't want to see VJ go but if he was going to go then this was the way I wanted it to happen.Ash did have a throwaway remark about sorting out guardianship papers so I assume he is or will be Luc's legal guardian.It'd be hard to file for custody of a child that's left the jurisdiction and I assume it hadn't gone far enough for VJ to be taking her away from a court proceeding.In theory, I suppose Mick could file with the Cypriot authorities, although he'll have to find them first.

Anyway...one door closes and another one opens with the return of Quinn.Apparently they did try and get original actress Danielle Spencer back and she turned it down, so fair enough with the recast.A lot of people including myself worried Lara Cox was too young for the role: She just about pulls it off given she's about a decade younger than Quinn should be, not helped by playing against Georgie Parker who's about twenty years older than her even though their characters are meant to be about the same age! I get the feeling we were meant to be nodding in agreement at Roo's criticism of Quinn but it doesn't help that Ryder is a brat a lot of the time and Roo tends to be blind to his faults.I did like the awkward but fond reunion between Alf and Quinn.

I know they have their fans but I've never liked Hunter and Olivia as a pairing.It's always felt like a convenience couple, a plot device pairing to make us think "Oh, Hunter has a girlfriend now, that means it's okay for him to get away with firebombing a house with people inside." It's frustrating that the show tends to push them on us as a Meant To Be couple while ignoring more likable characters and pairings.(I'm disappointed we never got to see Olivia and VJ.)So, frankly, while he's hardly a Prince Charming, I'm all for Axel causing trouble between them.He's definitely declaring an interest in Olivia now, although whether it's as simple as fancying her or whether he has another agenda I'm not sure.

Liked the brotherly scene between Brody and Mason, although Raffy was somewhat wasted in her second blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearance of the week.

I did feel sorry for Leah like @Razabaza, she seemed like a bit of a lost part as I predicted. The post itunder the pillow gave me a smile. 

REELING over Olivia. She should’ve got out of there when he touched her leg, you could see it in her face she knew Axle was upto something. Her insecurities are being taken advantage of and I fear she won’t know what she’s lost until she’s lost it. I didn’t think the plane would crash and I’m glad as I don’t think emotionally I could’ve coped with that. 

I agree with @baywatcher that Ryder has lots of potential. Particularly if what Roo touched on with her discussion with Quinn is true and he does have some form of behavioural difficulties. It could be an interesting story. 

25 minutes ago, 630si said:

I did feel sorry for Leah like @Razabaza, she seemed like a bit of a lost part as I predicted. The post itunder the pillow gave me a smile. 

Yes, forgot to mention that. The show burned down Leah's house and moved her into the caravan park on the assumption that that would automatically make her the main character but in retrospect it's feeling like a poorly thought out decision that hasn't been followed through on properly.She's gone from having a massive extended family to having no-one at all and simply being a lodger surrounded by Alf's relatives.

3 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Yes, forgot to mention that. The show burned down Leah's house and moved her into the caravan park on the assumption that that would automatically make her the main character but in retrospect it's feeling like a poorly thought out decision that hasn't been followed through on properly.She's gone from having a massive extended family to having no-one at all and simply being a lodger surrounded by Alf's relatives.

It was madness, they just really needed for Leah & Alf to do a house swap at the time. If they’d then had Leah & Zac fostering, Leah would be in a much better position now.

On 02/02/2018 at 04:15, Red Ranger 1 said:

Meanwhile...I guess Willow shows she's not 100% bad by doing a deal to keep Justin out of trouble.I'm still not entirely sure why Justin is risking so much for her though.When she said that if he called the police it would get her in trouble, I had to wonder why he wouldn't see that as a decent sacrifice to keep himself and potentially his family out of danger.There has to be a limit to how far he'll go to protect someone he barely knows and who has brought trouble to both their doors.Also, it's beginning to feel like she's being set up as Scarlett's replacement and I'd really like to know what led to that decision.

Me too, why did they get rid of Scarlett and bring in Willow instead? I know who I like more :wink:

I’m reserving judgement on Willow at the moment. 

Scarlett would have been great if she settled into a house some where with her husband, and dare I say it, fostered. Would’ve been nice I think with her not having her own son now 

Guessing Mick had done his three days which is why we didn't see his reaction to VJ and Luc's sudden departure.  When he does find out, he's going to implode! The injunction was due to be served at 12 noon that day so the server would have found when they turned up at the house. Roo was at the house with Ryder when Quinn turned up and it looked like Alf & Leah returned from waving them off so not a long time span.  Amazing to think Roo & Quinn had never actually met. Maybe it's down to genes that although they are supposed to be around the same age Quinn looks younger than Roo.  Hunter & Olivia knew VJ was going that day but as they had to bring their departure forward because of Mick so maybe a phone call, Hunter did mention it to Mason. I have a feeling Hunter will really have done with VJ being around with this Axel guy in the frame. Mason could be a good stand in though.

Very VJ leaving that post-it note and Ryder telling Leah he wished his mum did things like that.  If they stick around, she'll have a substitute  VJ.  She did  try and give wise advice to Ryder about giving his mum a chance, though of course she doesn't know her at all. She certainly came across as very abrasive and while it might not have been any business of Roo's  she was right about Quinn not having one positive thing to say about Ryder. It wasn't exactly a cordial reunion between them, quite chilly in fact.  Ryder can be a handful, but he does have his good points.  Brief mention of Ryder's dad who it seems left them. Quinn is singing on cruise ships leaving Ryder on his own most of the time it seems, so who was looking after him when he was younger then? 

Another blink and you missed it appearance was Marilyn stuck behind The Diner counter. Seeing as it's not the original actress playing Quinn not surprising Marilyn said she didn't recognise her!:D

Agree 630si about Olivia about Axel touching her leg, you could see on her face it brought back memories and not good ones. When he kissed her although she didn't move away, she didn't respond. He sure was in a hurry to get rid of Hunter so he could move in on her.  I reckon those lines he was spinning her were just that -   lines.  Hunter has got to make sure he doesn't come across too aggressive over Axel,  that would play straight into his hands, just be there for Olivia.

Mason got it right about Brody still being into Ziggy though of course he's got to tread carefully and get Ben onside first.  I may have got it wrong but Brody was making spaghetti as he hung up the strands to dry but he served up ravioli and gave Ziggy some to take home. :unsure: 

Looks like there is trouble brewing already between Ash & Tori and his impending fatherhood.  Won't be easy at all with him wanting to take care of Kat and his baby so where does that leave Tori?

Archived