Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alf can be pretty unlikable at times, as sometimes he does hold, to us, rather old fashioned beliefs, it's his way or no way.  Then at other times he surprises us with a very modern outlook.  Btw had to smile when Alf was telling John Roo was insisting she was OK and didn't need to go to hospital, 'she's stubborn that way'.  Wonder where she gets that from?:wink:

Tori hasn't had much luck with so called respectable guys, Duncan, Nate & Riley so why shouldn't she be with Ash.  He may be a hot head at times, but he did a very good job of looking after Luc and he would have been Billie's second choice for caring for her.

Okay, to try and address the fact there still seems to be confusion as to VJ and Luc: He's not broken any laws, there's no police after him and they're not going to grill Leah as to his whereabouts, which if he left the country on a registered flight shouldn't be that much of a secret anyway.As to why he doesn't just return now Mick's had a personality transplant and meekly toddled off, I guess it's because if Mick found out he might turn back into Mr Hyde and start the whole thing again, and probably wouldn't fall for the same trick twice.The idea seems to be for them to settle in Cyprus for good, not come back once the dust is settled.(The real reason, of course, is because they've left the show!)

Ryder's still an annoying brat and it frustrates me that Raffy's indulging him so much even if she did seem to be trying to talk some sense into him in between breakfast runs.Also not quite sure how we got from him disappearing off into the night to him hiding in, I presume, the same place Justin hid Willow a couple of weeks back.Did he come back and say he'd changed his mind?I continue to have a great deal of sympathy for Quinn, who's clearly been worn down by 17 years of Ryder pulling the sort of stunt that I'm sick of after less than 17 weeks.I can't shake the feeling we're meant to see her as the one in the wrong: It does seem like she said "It ruined my life" rather than "He ruined my life", a subtle difference that obviously doesn't register with Ryder who continues to use it as an excuse to do whatever he feels like.I kind of want to care about Roo's plight.It'd be interesting if she does have long-term pain or even ends up in a wheelchair, but I can't help feeling she'll be right as rain by the end of the season.

If that's the end of the corrupt cop case, then it's a bit of an anti-climax, although I guess the real storyline is the truth about Robbo's involvement in things, especially with something he'd rather stay buried washing up on in all the island in all the world the one that Ryder and Raffy have run off to.McCarthy's support of Kat was kind of nice to see.Robbo's obviously close to cracking with all the secrets he's keeping.

I don’t understand why Raffy is indulging in Ryder also. Particularly as she reminded us she’s been there before. 

Kat testifying didn’t seem that bad in the end. It was a little “what was all the fuss about?” The cracks are showing in Robbo now though and it’s only a matter of time before his lies catch up now. So it seems anyway.

On 2/11/2018 at 20:30, Razabaza said:

I've said it before, but I can't stand Ash. I don't understand why Tori wants to be with him so desperately. He's moody, aggressive and behaves like a caveman when he's angry. She can do better. 

I think Tori is desperate TBH.  She's fancied any guy that's showed her a moderate amount of attention.

She's far from perfect but I like Quinn.  I feel part of her doesn't want to get to close to Alf because she's worried she might care about him.  I quite like watching those two interact with each other and I like how sympathetic, soft and calm with her he is even though she's now blamed him for having a go at Ryder.  He clearly wants her to stick around and so do I.  I still can't believe what I'm seeing.  Roo seems more worried about Ryder going missing than she does about her own health.

Conversely Ryder seems more worried about the trouble he could get into than how hitting Roo has affected her.  In spite of that I did like the interaction with him and Raffy.  If he plays his cards right he might be able to cop off with her before Coco returns from the city.  I laughed when she screamed and they presumably found Novak's body.  Despite the fact that I saw it in the preview I thought that scream was better than the one earlier on in the episode when Ryder frightened her.  I was surprised neither Tori or John could figure out Raffy was hiding something given she was acting so suspiciously.  Didn't realise she was a Batman fan.

I laughed through the scene where Robbo was losing it in the car whilst Ben and Maggie were watching, Ben wanted to go and check on him but Maggie stopped him fearing he was not all there.  I'm not surprised Ben doesn't think there was too much wrong with it given his tendency to lose it as well.

20 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Alf can be pretty unlikable at times, as sometimes he does hold, to us, rather old fashioned beliefs, it's his way or no way.  Then at other times he surprises us with a very modern outlook.  Btw had to smile when Alf was telling John Roo was insisting she was OK and didn't need to go to hospital, 'she's stubborn that way'.  Wonder where she gets that from?:wink:

Alf does do things I don't like - but that makes him a man in his 70's rather than make me dislike him. I actually like that -  there's a realism to him with regards to some of his ideas.

Let's not forget Ryder's attitude could be down to whatever is wrong with him, nothing mental as such like Mick, but some chemical imbalance in the brain.  Quinn did say he'd always had trouble sleeping since he was a baby and hinted that it was part of why her husband left.  Has to be very frustrating for them both not to have any answers after all these years.  Sleep depravation does mess with your moods because you're not getting the rest you need. The other possibility for Ryder being at the Morgan's is Raffy went after him and persuaded him to stay overnight and start off the next day.  Did have to smile at Buddy suddenly realising he is a guard dog and barking at the back door. :D  From what he briefly said about him Ryder didn't have too bad a relationship with his dad, better than Quinn made out anyway, him pitching up on his dad's doorstep unannounced is another matter though. He'd taught him to drive a motor launch and as he wasn't in a hurry this time steered it successfully into that cove/bay.  Raffy was a rubbish liar, surprised neither Tori or John saw through it. Was it just me or did anyone else have a flashback of the hand on the beach when they had the people smuggling storyline?   This time of course there is a body attached to it.  Guess Ryder will have to return to bay after all.

Small, niggly little point how did he know which key was for which launch, are they coloured coded?:unsure:

Roo worrying more about Ryder than herself is Roo all over.  It wasn't deliberate after all and is worried about him running off again with no-one to turn to. That is a tricky decision for her to make, risk possible paralysis with the op or have to live with life long pain without it and still end up in a wheelchair.  Always easy for others to say go ahead with the op, but it's Roo's decision, after all what would Alf do in that situation, good she's opted for a second opinion.  In one way I suppose her being in pain is good, shows there is still feeling in her back and legs. Quinn shouldn't see Alf's offer to help financially as charity, he's her father although they haven't been close for years, it's no more or less than he'd do for Roo or Duncan. 

I did feel for Robbo, sorry not seeing any humour in that scene at all, he's very tormented, he in effect started all this by not killing Kat which brought Novak into the game.  Also as  I earlier stated he knows Novak won't be coming back, well not alive anyway, that will come as one hell of  a shock when that body is identified.  Maggie was probably worried Ben may get hit, but after what Robbo did for Coco he likely wanted to help.

Was a bit of a damp squib, the whole testifying by video link thing.  Thought we'd see a bit more than the judge just getting Kat confirming the reason it was by link was because of the threats she'd received.  Would have been good to see if amongst the accused we might have seen Carter and get confirmation if he is alive or not. 

Once the body has been identified as Novak, well who else could it be, Shepherd and Vincent will be back, that will really crank Robbo's tension levels up a notch or six.  It's been in the water and sea water at that a couple of days/week so won't be much left to discover who dumped him, but nowadays with all the advances in forensic technology who knows what they could find.

Ryder is in danger of crossing the line from brat into scumbag, only bothered about his own skin rather than the fact that a man's dead.The fact that he kept quiet completely negated his apparent remorse about Roo and his briefly acting like a human being towards Quinn.I'm frustrated that Raffy's doing what she knows is wrong because of Ryder's dubious charms: I was really hoping she'd go to Kat or make a phone call, not sit around looking sad.I'm glad Alf is continuing to defend Quinn and think Roo is being way too soft on Ryder: Yes, he didn't mean to run her over, but it happened because of him doing the wrong thing and his recent behaviour shows he hasn't learnt anything from it.

Justin continues to go to very extreme lengths to protect Willow, now facing up to Boyd on her behalf and suffering the consequences.So, we meet her father and get another chance to see her softer side.I'm guessing we're meant to take Boyd at his word that he was responsible.Still finding it hard to sympathise with Tori.I get she couldn't have predicted Kat would be pregnant but she knew hooking up with Ash would be complicated and all she seems to do is complain about how hard it is.

One thing that's struck me about observing Ryder over the last few episodes is that he seems to have very little empathy for other people.  I mentioned how he was more worried about himself than he was about Roo previously.  As Alf called him out on in the Diner he doesn't appreciate the sacrifices his mother made bringing him up on her own.  Then there's the fact that he wanted Raffy to keep quiet about the dead body that they found.  He didn't care how upset she was or how traumatic it was for her.  He just wanted her to keep it to herself so he wouldn't get in to trouble for taking the boat.  For all they know the person who they found could have family/kids etc.  I actually don't blame Raffy for keeping quiet.  With Coco off with her Nan, Ryder's all she's got at the moment.  She doesn't have many friends (apart from some girl that we'd never seen that was mentioned a while back) so I think there are times where she's quite lonely.

I felt a bit sorry for Quinn.  She was obviously hurt when she saw the way Ryder was Roo at the hospital and when he had a go at her in the Diner.  So I was glad Alf told him off.  Although despite what I said last week it does make me think she really does care about him and wants a proper mother/son relationship.

Once again Roo goes way too easy on Ryder.  She's the one who has to have surgery and have an implant for the rest of her life not him.  And she's all about forgiveness.  What about the fact that actions have consequences.  I think Ryder may have felt guilty for what he did but I don't think as mentioned above he can truly put himself in her position.

Whilst I felt bad for Willow's dad I struggle to have any sympathy for her.  She decided to get involved with those guys so what's happened to her since is the result of bad choices she's made.

Couldn't really blame Tori for getting annoyed with Ash.  Seriously, he comes round late just to whine about Kat and Robbo so I could understand her getting annoyed.  Although again not much sympathy as she had an out but decided to get involved with him again.

Archived