Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Well, now Kat and Robbo are both lying about how much they know about what the other is up to and it's all getting a bit awkward.Kat still insisting there's an innocent explanation feels a bit desperate while Robbo really needs to come up with a better plan than crossing his fingers and hoping no-one works it out.Tori continues to wander around being miserable.I'd like to say that any sympathy I had went months ago, but to be honest I don't think I had any sympathy in the first place.Not really sure what to make of Justin and Willow here (with the latter getting her first obligatory bikini scene, I believe).They're obviously kidding themselves about this being casual.Whether Willow's kidding herself as much as Justin I'm not sure.I was kind of hoping she'd make an effort with Tori but instead she just got defensive.

I already found Coco to have a tendency to be annoying and her time away seems to have become an excuse to make her even more annoying.And causing her to lose her insecurities has arguably also made her less interesting, although she was as coy around Ryder as ever last week, not that that's a particularly interesting character trait either.Ah well, she'll probably lose all these traits once the show works out which boy's going to be her soul mate, given on the way April was developed.Her accusations to Alf seem somewhat unlikely, given that it's not long since he was pulling Scarlett up for breaching fishing regulations, so it was probably just Coco being a brat.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tori's absolutely right.  Justin can't do casual.  The only reason why he saying he can is because he doesn't have any choice.  Those are Willows terms for him to continue seeing her.  I'm guessing he probably likes her quite a bit.  I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that apart from her bod there must be something he likes about her personality but I just can't see it.  I was glad Tori wasn't particularly welcoming when she interrupted them just after they slept together.  And I also liked the fact that she brought up Willow stealing their dog again (twice) and is reasonably open that she doesn't like her when she bumped into Willow later on in that episode.  I'm so over her and Justin already and find it frustrating how she thinks the sun shines out of her backside so I'm glad it frustrates her that Tori doesn't see her that way.  At the moment I find Willow more annoying than Maggie.

Even though Robbo's in the wrong, I have just been finding Ash so annoying lately that I'm on Robbo's side in this.  Part of me wanted him to to teach Ash a lesson for sticking his nose into his business.  I had to laugh again through the scenes with Tori and Ash.  Seriously what does she expect?  She was absolutely right to finish with him before.  She would have had a few weeks of torment but she would have gotten over him and found somebody else to fall in love with relatively quickly.  Now she's suffering anyway and experiencing a taste of what it's going to be like once Kat gives birth.  The final scene in that episode was the best.  I loved when Tori went to see just as Kat came out of his room.....awkward.  Irene's face was a picture.:D

Quite liked Ben in yesterday's episode.  He almost seemed to act like Coco had passed some sort of initiation when she was arrested but also quite admired the fact that she stood up "for what she believed in".  Maggie seemed to be the one who wanted to discipline her.  I quite liked the fact when Maggie asked why Diana didn't say anything she said it was because getting arrested runs in the family.  Although at least Maggie came round in the end.

Maybe, just maybe, the reason Tori was so off with Willow was because of her current on going issue with Ash and Kat which is complicated, to use the old cliché, by his situation with finding out  what he did about Robbo. If things were normal, :D as if, Ash and Kat would only need to meet now and again.  I think Ash wants to tell Tori the truth but (a) he wants to keep her out of it like she asked and (b) the less people who know what he and Kat do the better.  Robbo had his own reasons of course, but he has as much right to be included in Kat & Ash's talks about the baby as Tori does. Kat's getting pretty good at lying to Robbo, telling that call was from McCarthy and putting him off from taking her to the station by saying it wouldn't look good as he is the reason she's suspended. 

Yep, talk about red faces all round that last scene was embarrassing.:blush:  Ash has to tell Tori something now, despite him wanting her not getting involved, if only to stop her mentioning it to Robbo.  'Did you know your girlfriend was with my boyfriend in his bedroom?'

Tori keeps banging on  about Willow kidnapping Buddy, but she gave him back safely didn't she and as I keep banging on he likes her, dogs have a sixth sense about good and bad people. I do like how she keeps teasing Justin about Buddy needing  a bath.  Maybe something bad, as per, happened in Willow's past that has put her off serious relationships.

Perhaps it's the fact Coco is so different from the girl we used to know that is jarring.  Interesting, from what we heard, of the talk Maggie had with Diana and her reasoning for not telling them. True, but trivial, fact Maggie is the only one of the family that hasn't been arrested.:wink:  Even, if, as Coco said she just got a caution. Alf's smile was soon wiped off his face when moments after telling Maggie he'd been a bit of an eco-warrior himself in the past Coco  challenged him about the over fishing in the bay due to his selling bait. It was plastic bottles last time wasn't it, which if it brought up again would be very topical.  I think Alf told Scarlett off because she was fishing in an unauthorised area.

Did I actually come out and say last week that they weren't putting Willow in the old skimpy female gym uniform? Well, we got to see her in something similar here! It's hard to care about Ash and Tori's latest break-up because they seem to do that pretty much every week...and that's pretty much how Tori's relationship with Nate went, so it's obviously what dating her is like.Tori doesn't really seem to have a clue what she wants, one minute telling Ash to do what he has to do and not involve her, the next badgering him for information.To be honest, I feel more invested in Justin and Willow than Tori and Ash who've never really clicked.

I guess your opinion on Olivia's storyline depends on whether you think cheating on Hunter is a particularly bad thing or not.I guess I could try and be objective and say that Olivia's position is pretty much untenable: She's dealing with guilt, a few not-too-buried feelings for Axel and not-so-veiled comments from first Irene and now Ziggy.But really can't muster the energy to care about Hunter's Perfect Boyfriend behaviour or his steamrollering ahead with a proposal that's almost certainly going to be a disaster.Irene defending Brody against Jarrod's teasing was a nice moment.

5 hours ago, Posy said:

I'm slightly confused with this Justin not doing the casual thing - didn't he sleep with Felicity (was that the name?) to get the Salt deal through?

Causal relationship and One Night Stand are different things. After all we know Justin is a One Night Stand guy well back when we first met him.

Interesting that Willow referred to Tori as mental.  So anybody who doesn't like her is mental.  More proof that she thinks the sun shines out of her ar*e.  So glad Tori came back from Irene's and interrupted her and Justin's 'date'.

I was glad when Ash came round and Justin and Brody wouldn't let him see Tori initially.  I think they were both actually pretty reasonable.  Justin still was even when he spoke to Ash in Salt about it later on in that episode.  I do think Tori is right to walk away.  I'm not convinced even if Kat wasn't pregnant that Ash still wouldn't be going out of his way to help her.  And that says a lot for his relationship with his current girlfriend.

I had to admit I had a wry smile at Irene's indirect digs towards Olivia regarding her sleeping with Axel.  Although I didn't like the way she spoke to Jarrod.  Not a good attitude to have towards customers.  I find Jarrod quite amusing and almost smile through every scene he's in.  Like I said before I would be quite happy for him to stick around for a little while longer, if only to annoy Maggie and Ben.  When I saw the preview with Ziggy giving Olivia an ultimatum, I was actually quite annoyed although watching the actual episode it wasn't as bad as what I thought.  I'm not too keen on it although if Hunter's going to be in debt for buying a wedding ring I can understand why she's forcing Olivia to come clean.  Although her reason was more the fact that she knows what it's like to be on the receiving end of a cheating partner.  Perhaps Olivia could get tips from Jarrod on how to cheat and be unrepentant about it.

Tori can't have it both ways. Ash is trying to keep her out of a potentially dangerous situation, it's not as Tori said, that he doesn't trust her. I do like the way each of the Morgan clan protect each other when it comes to, to them. unsuitable partners. Give Willow her due she did know it was time for her to take her leave when Tori came home upset and she's stepped back so Justin can get the problem with Tori sorted, rather like Phoebe doing the same thing.

I didn't like that snooty cow Olivia met up with, just how much persuading did Axel have to do to get her to meet with Olivia? Is there more to their relationship than we know? I didn't realise Ziggy and Olivia were best buddies enough for Olivia to confide she'd slept with Axel, though she didn't use those words. Ziggy does know what it is like to be on the receiving end of a cheating partner and she and Jarrod weren't in such a serious relationship like Hunter and Olivia, nice to see she's so protective of Hunter. I'm glad Ziggy let Olivia in on Hunter's plan that he was going to propose. I'm not sure of whom Olivia is trying to convince others or herself. What will she do about Axel's offer of going to Paris?

Jarrod is full of himself so I was glad Irene was so cool towards him, but that is probably like water off a duck's back to him. I wasn't sure if that was him, Hunter or Mason when he approached Olivia when she was sitting on the bench, they all have similar hairstyles.

Jennifer is back then and making moves on Mason, obviously doesn't know about Beth.

Doesn't seem it's been six months since Brody joined the programme, he's done very well, well enough to be thinking of his future away from the Diner.

Hunter really is shooting himself in the foot and taking his eye off the ball, to mix my metaphors.Olivia arranges a special night out for them to try and get things back on track and he blows her out and sends her back into Axel's arms, or at least back to sharing a drink with him.Axel is beginning to look as if he's not quite as dodgy as he appeared: Unless it was a massive set-up, he seemed to be fighting Olivia's corner with his boss, and she has now got the money she was owed at last.Olivia and Hunter increasingly seem to be on borrowed time, even if Ziggy couldn't bring herself to pull the trigger on them.

Jennifer's back and...she's done something that when Billie did it apparently meant she deserved to be raped and die.(Well, okay, Jennifer didn't seem to have planned it in advance.)It did seem like she was flirting with both Hunter and Mason, and I do wonder if there's some reason for her wanting self-defence or boxing lessons.Mason did seem quite keen on Jennifer until he saw the picture of Beth.Obviously not there yet.

Not really sure about the Morgans bailing Brody out.I guess it's the same arrangement they had before but paying someone back 70% of the money they paid you in the first place seems more of an insult than an offer?

12 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Jennifer's back and...she's done something that when Billie did it apparently meant she deserved to be raped and die.

Was that another dig?

I don't think Brody should be trying to buy Salt back.  Even if you put aside the fact IMO it's too soon as I do still believe he's in recovery, I feel that that environment proved to be quite toxic.  And being back there would put a lot of pressure on him and bring back bad memories.  Perhaps he should look at going for head chef in another restaurant.  At least then he can decide if he can stick it out and doesn't have to worry about hiring staff or the finances and if anything goes wrong he can always go somewhere else.  I don't think it's wise at all for Justin and Tori to agree to loan him money.  It's far too much of a risk as indicated by the fact the bank turned him down.

In spite of what she's done I do think Olivia is under a lot of pressure and is getting it from all sides.  She's got Axel presumably still trying to get with her but doing it under the guise of 'work'.  She's got Ziggy trying to force her to come clean about Hunter and threatening to tell him the truth otherwise.  She's got Irene making digs at her for not being honest.  And she's got Hunter being all nice to her, knowing he's planning on proposing.  I keep thinking something's gotta give and she's gonna crack which seemed the case during that scene with Ziggy.  Even though Ziggy had a point, she should probably stay out of it now.  Although I do accept that Ziggy is now in a very difficult position because she's having to lie to Hunter.

I've often found Jen to be quite repugnant such as her treatment of Coco about her eating disorder but did wonder if there was another side to her.  I'm going to reserve judgement and wait to see what happens in today's episode with her claim and how far she takes it.

Archived