Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dan F said:

We'd stick with the Oz seasons for clarity, so on Monday it'd be a new one for the 2018 Season - but you're all clued up on when the season finales/premieres occur anyway and everyone would be well informed when it did come to switching to a new thread around this time each year, so I don't foresee any problems if we went with it :wink:

Sounds absolutely fine with me. :)

Only thing I'd say, apart from that I think we should have a memorial for the Latest UK Discussion thread and light candles around a bonfire on the beach, is that we kind of already have two UK Discussion threads so probably better specify that the new one is Channel 5 pace.

Alf's episode count this week:Five, although his only appearance on Friday was being barely visible in long shot.Finale week crazy means Ash, Kat, Tori and even non-regular Robbo also appeared in all five (although Robbo only appeared briefly with no credit or dialogue on Wednesday), while Justin and Ziggy were in four each.Poor Mason only got two and didn't seem to have any dialogue on Friday.

You know, it's funny.A year or so ago, I considered Kat a joke at best and dangerous at worst and would quite happily have seen her killed.Then this year I actually thought she'd got better and was basically being a good police officer...only for them to completely destroy the character in her last episode.She was a disgrace here, disgusting and pathetic.I thought keeping quiet about Josh killing someone was as low as she could go but no, she's now actually broken a guy that's killed someone out of jail.She stabbed everyone in the back, taking Ash's child away from him twice, once deliberately and then by forgetting to look both ways.Her speech about sorting something out was obviously a lie to get him to let her go and bring up their child in the middle of nowhere with no health care just so she can have Robbo.She runs off with a man that brutally assaulted him and left him for dead, with her sickening smile about her deluded fantasy as she drives off and leaves Ash locked in a cell with a head injury.She thinks she doesn't have a life without Robbo?Well, she certainly doesn't have one now and it kind of serves her right, except she took an innocent life with her and has left an innocent bystander fighting for her life.It's strange, not so long ago I might have thought Ash has got his just desserts after a year of taking VJ's child away from him...but no, he didn't deserve this.He's spent the last few weeks doing his best to protect Kat and his child, knowing her relationship with Robbo was dangerous, but Kat couldn't let go of her fantasy and she got them both killed.Her legacy is to be a failure as a police officer, a mother and a human being...and we'll probably have them eulogising her like she was a saint.I'm guessing the word's out given that Justin was with everyone else at the end.

I still found Irene frustratingly self-righteous, although it doesn't help that she keeps calling Hunter "that poor boy" and making me roll my eyes.So, Hunter and Olivia are over for now, but they were this time last year too, when she chose Mason, and they were back together within a few weeks, so I won't shell out for champagne yet.I'm not quite sure why she went to Axel, but I suspect it's because he's the only person that won't judge her.Speaking of...I don't think Axel's a danger, although he might still rip Olivia off, but I don't think he's serious about her either, I think he just sees her as a bit of fun or a challenge.

Well, I'm glad Ben's given Brody and Ziggy his blessing and I think the character's turnaround may actually be complete.Still not sure about Ryder and Coco.And a bit of a cliffhanger for Maggie, even if it did come about five minutes before the end of the episode.

That episode seemed to go on for such a long time as there was so much happening:

Could not believe the level of stupidity from Murray, firstly not questioning or checking Kat's reinstatement and then the call she made about the accident afterwards.  I am genuinely sorry Kat's died as I quite liked her and it was a shock.  I would have actually preferred it if she and Robbo had escaped.  I am actually glad the baby's died as it means Ash gets to suffer although it would have been better if they had disappeared never to be seen again as that would have felt like true payback for Mick although this is better than nothing.  I was glad Robbo knocked him out before he left.  It does seem as though Kat's stupidity has cost her her life although ironic Robbo was sent to the bay to kill her but he caused her death indirectly anyway.

I've got mixed feelings about Tori.  You can say in hindsight she made the wrong choice but I still think actions have consequences and nobody forced Kat to break Robbo out of the cell.  It all came down to free will so I don't think she's entirely responsible even if you could argue had she just given the letter to Shepherd when she had the chance Kat would probably still be alive.  I can't wait till Ash finds out - I'm assuming he will and the fact Justin kept quiet that Tori knows.

It really does feel as though Roo is a replacement for Quinn.  Although given his confidence when he first spoke to them I find it interesting now that Ryder has lost his bottle.  It reminds me of a conversation I had with someone quite a few years ago.  I think was about why is it that very often girls that liked you were ones you didn't fancy and I think he made a point about the fact that if you didn't like the girl you would be less nervous around her whereas it was the other way round if you did actually like the girl and I guess this partly applies here.  Ryder by his own admission wasn't that into Coco when he first met her.  I think he probably liked them a bit but was also fooling around.  It is starting to feel as though Raffy is a spare wheel though.

Have to admit, I found it really funny when Irene had a go at Olivia.  She seems to be wholeheartedly on Hunter's side.  I would have expected her whilst not condoning what Olivia did to try and show her some support.  I do think Olivia did the right thing finishing with Hunter although she should have told him about Axel unless he figured it out (?).  Good to see Jen.  She was looking quite cute.  Wasn't sure if it was her that was the other driver in the car crash with Kat at first but I was expecting the episode to play out with Olivia telling Hunter everything, he went to see Jen and they slept together.

I liked the first part of Brody's speech when he thanked his family and Leah, Irene, Marilyn etc for giving him a chance.  But when he paid tribute to Ben that was cringeworthy.  It just seemed so transparent and conceited.  And it felt like Ben was forced into giving Brody and Ziggy his blessing.  Maggie also seemed quite happy for Coco when she was dancing with Ryder.  You could argue he's a less destructive choice of boyfriend than Brody but I wonder if she's so supportive because she was fairly young when she got with Ben and knows what its like.

This is probably the one time where I would have preferred if they hadn't done a preview as it looks as though they gave quite a bit away and could have waited until next week.

Dan, thank you for considering the posters in in this thread enough to actually ask about closing it off.  I must admit it's going to be quite difficult to let it go.  This was the first place I posted many years ago after lurking here for around 9 months.  It was the Kirsty/Kane storyline which prompted me to join and for the most part have been posting since.  I've posted in many other threads in various parts of the forum but here seems more reflective of my time here.  I think this is one of the biggest threads so in terms of maintenance etc and keeping the forum efficient I guess it makes sense.

Well, what. A. Ride. I though that was really well done. And Kat didn’t half tug st my heart-strings telling Robbo to go wait for her. He’s there now waiting for her! I also share the feeling of the episode feeling like a bumper one as so much happened! Ash at the end swearing for revenge isn’t a good sign in my opinion. We’ll have angry, never thinks before he acts, Ash, and it will come as a complete surprise to Tori despite his previous actions. However, this time, his baby has died and I can’t inagine how I would feel/react in that situation. He will blame Robbo and want him to pay.

who is the girl in the other car I wonder? Will she have any significance? 

Utterly shocked at Olivia, she had an opportunity on the pier to DO THE RIGHT THING. Instead she had become a coward, and then went Axle’s hotel room. WHAT THE ACTUAL? I actually yelled at the TV. 

Maggie doesn’t look well, and the camera panned at the water suggesting she might get washed out or drowned. I hope she’s found quickly. I’m really happy for Ziggy and Brody, it’s about time Ben approved and I just hope it’s a smooth ride from here because I think as a couple they’re really well suited.

29 minutes ago, Razabaza said:

Is anybody else shocked that they actor playing Ryder is 23. He looks so young, maybe 15.

He does look very young. I’m not surprised he is in his early twenties though

6 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Only thing I'd say, apart from that I think we should have a memorial for the Latest UK Discussion thread and light candles around a bonfire on the beach, is that we kind of already have two UK Discussion threads so probably better specify that the new one is Channel 5 pace.

Yup, the 5STAR one would just remain as is, for the couple of people who post in it a few times a year :P

Forgot to mention, another change of song between the Oz and UK versions of an episode - Thursday's ep when Olivia walked down to Hunter's proposal setup, in the original Oz ep it was Ed Sheeran's 'Perfect'. The UK instead had 'Compromise' by Kyle Lionheart.

Edit: Actually, saying that, the finale episode itself seems to have been completely re-edited - the scene with Hunter, Roo etc. in Salt that opened the UK version of the ep appeared much later in the Oz version. The opening was originally a scene with Hunter, Mason, Alf and Leah in the gym (below), but that was cut from the UK broadcast.

Spoiler

6810-cut1.jpg

The scene with Kat & Ash talking outside the surf club at the end of Thursday's ep also originally appeared in the finale ep, with various other scenes also switched around.

6 hours ago, Dan F said:

Edit: Actually, saying that, the finale episode itself seems to have been completely re-edited - the scene with Hunter, Roo etc. in Salt that opened the UK version of the ep appeared much later in the Oz version. The opening was originally a scene with Hunter, Mason, Alf and Leah in the gym (below), but that was cut from the UK broadcast.

Reveal hidden contents

6810-cut1.jpg

The scene with Kat & Ash talking outside the surf club at the end of Thursday's ep also originally appeared in the finale ep, with various other scenes also switched around.

Huh.Odd.I guess that explains why Alf and Mason don't actually do anything in the UK broadcast.Even odder, every version of the Oz finale I've come across has the scenes re-ordered as you say but also doesn't have that scene , instead opening with the scene at the Diner between Irene and Olivia.Did it only appear in some regions?

Archived