Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

8 minutes ago, Posy said:

eight he? what does that mean?

They live in the farmhouse, they don't run it as a farm.

It was predictive text typo. Now corrected. I’m aware it’s not run as a farm, I’m merely suggesting she has the space etc to make it. The diner doesn’t.

11 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Tori has been heading rapidly downhill for weeks now and she's well and truly in freefall.I almost bought her refusing to hand the note over after hearing Shepherd planning an unauthorised execution (although it did reinforce my belief that she should have handed it straight to McCarthy in the first place before the task force got involved), but her bleating to Justin made her seem like just another stupid woman thinking it's okay for someone to be a criminal if she fancies him.In fact, she seems so divorced from reality that, while I don't approve of Shepherd's attitude and find it frustrating that he's been turned "evil" in order to justify Tori covering for Robbo, I'm left wondering realistically what she thinks is going to happen.Robbo's killed at least one man, at least partly to protect his secret since if Kat was the priority he could have just turned him in, and has allegedly killed a lot more most of whom were probably innocents like Kat and her partner.He's entitled to a fair trial but he's not entitled to think he's above the law.And if they track him down and he does make a run for it (which, given his state of mind, does seem likely), given that he beat up a bunch of police just for searching his flat, it probably would come down to a straight choice between shooting him and letting him get away.

I didn't really understand the storyline with Felicity: I suspect you need either an economics degree or an annotated version.Are we meant to believe that Felicity lied about how well Salt was doing in order to push the price up?Or that she's been keeping profits for herself and lying to the directs about how much it's making?And would it really be that easy for Willow to get hold of the details?Ah well, I guess that's not the point.I guess the point is "Willow did something clever and Felicity sold Brody Salt back."(This does bring me onto the other logic problem:If Felicity's selling it back at the price she paid, and if Justin and co only had $70,000 left, where's the other $30,000 come from?)And it is good to see Willow doing something basically selfless for the Morgans.

Roo was rather annoying in her trying to get Alf to talk to Ryder, so I'm glad that he did it in such a perfunctory way and even more glad that he then did it properly when she wasn't watching on.Ryder was very annoying acting like Coco's yes-man but, while he does seem to have pretty much settled on Coco by default, his later gesture was kind of sweet, and I liked the Ziggy/Coco sibling scenes.

You’re right about the other 30 grand,” there red, and I thought the same. I’m sure Tori mentioned getting a loan in their names the other day from the bank but I’m not sure this was confirmed. It certainly does seem that Felicity cooked the books to inflate the price of the business. 

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting that Shepherd now wants to adopt the Frank Castle approach with regards to Robbo which seems to have made Tori decide not to inform the cops about him.  I did wonder if a small part of Tori held onto Robbo's note and not tell anyone because she wanted to keep her options open with regards to getting Kat out of the way.

I'd forgotten how hot Felicity was.  I thought the whole thing with her committing fraud was ridiculous but anyway as much as I find Willow annoying and dislike her, she did play a blinder with regards to getting Felicity to sell Salt at a reduced price.  I'm still not sure Brody should be doing this so soon.

Can't say I'm really too fussed about Ryder and Coco and it felt like Coco wasn't entirely comfortable with Ryder liking him, not because she doesn't like him too but despite her new found confidence with regards to the eco project there's a part of her that is insecure to the point that perhaps she can't get her head around someone liking her as much as he does.

I was wondering not to mention puzzled as to why Tori didn't give Kat Robbo's secret address when she had the chance.  It ought to have been Kat's choice about what she did with the info, go not go, but if she had chosen to slip away and go we wouldn't have had Robbo turning up. I can't imagine she'll be best pleased when she finds out as she surely will now Robbo has taken the huge chance of turning up at the Morgan's. He must really love Kat to return, I guess for her.  I don't know what the protocol is with uniformed cops and Task Forces but if Tori had handed over Robbo's hiding place to McCarthy wouldn't he have been obliged to tell Shepherd? I definitely didn't like his 'shoot first, ask questions later' attitude. Robbo certainly has more people on his side than against him, without trying he won people over. Kat's pleading to McCarthy to let her deal with Robbo would naturally fall on deaf ears. Alf did appear to do a U-turn one day rooting for the cops to get Robbo and  the next defending him to John.  Robbo killed Novak in self defence, wasn't able to do it in cold blood.  Even Tori admitted he was scared as hell when he took her 'prisoner' and didn't pose a threat, though Justin poo-poo'd the idea, Robbo told Tori why he had come to the bay and what he was supposed to do which he didn't have to. He can't have been that far out of town as Tori was able to walk back to her home before Justin & Ash got going to look for them. I have to admit I'm still on his side despite his past history.  Tori should have realised by his actions Ash loves her, of course he said he'd 'kill' Robbo but that was because by putting Kat at risk it would be endangering the baby.  Kat's baby bump did seem to appear overnight and not one comment. Justin initially kept Raffy out of the loop but did later tell her what was occurring, he's come to realise Raffy is a savvy kid and can handle hard situations as long as she's aware of what is happening. Maybe he filled Brody & Mason in off screen Brody was certainly aware of what was going on, Mas having done his three days wasn't seen.

Willow it appears is a woman of many talents, I like a multi-faceted character which we gradually find more about. You would have to know where to look but company records, I believe, are available to the general public to view. As for her working out Felicity was cooking the books, good one that 630si, that would take a little more knowledge than your average person. Justin, you idiot, thinking using that 'old times sake' line would work on a woman like Felicity.:rolleyes:  I know nothing about how these things work, but wouldn't Felicity or the people she works for be entitled/expect to make some  kind of profit, even $50,000? Always seemed to be enough people in Salt  which would indicate the place was doing OK. Again 630si I believe Tori mentioned her, Justin and Mason got  a loan in their name. Just how easy is it to get a job as a honey trap?  Justin did have the gumption to admit to Willow he couldn't do  casual.

Can see why Alf felt awkward talking girls stuff to Ryder with Roo there.  He dealt with it a lot better when they were alone and a bloody good twist on Ryder's part by taking Coco those 'flowers' very inventive and sensitive thinking on his part. When he's not being manic there is a good brain at work there. He was trying too hard earlier at the Diner to impress Coco, methinks he hasn't had that much dealings with girls. Coco does seem to have done her research going by the paperwork she dumped on Leah the moment she walked back in the door.  I was wondering when we would see her again, do hope we get an update on VJ and Luc.

That was a lovely, if rare, sisterly talk between Coco and Ziggy both opening up about their feelings about Ryder and Jarrod/Brody respectively. Coco doesn't need a make over, it wouldn't be her.

6 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Mas having done his three days wasn't seen.

Er, when? Until today he hadn't been seen all week!

Well, Robbo gets points for doing the right thing in the end, so I guess Tori's abject stupidity in keeping quiet about his whereabouts (even Justin pointed out it made no sense) didn't make any difference?Or did it..? Because now, of course, Kat has information that the police don't.And after her using Shepherd's attitude to justify the decision, it did turn out to be McCarthy and the local boys who picked Robbo up with no task force in sight.Ash heckling and trying to attack Robbo as he was led through was ridiculous, although I guess he's still angry about what happened to Kat and Tori: It's easy to forget with the slow time scale that that was just the previous day.Robbo's insane if he expected Kat to agree to his idea to hide out in the middle of nowhere for the rest of their lives or that the police would stop looking for an apparent mass murderer after a couple of years.(We never saw exactly how Novak died, so we don't 100% know it was self-defence.Certainly Robbo isn't saying so.)Unfortunately, there's a good chance Kat actually has gone insane: Her last chat with Ash felt like trying to salve her conscience.

I thought Irene and to a lesser extent Ziggy were spectacularly self-righteous in their attitude towards Olivia.And I still find the idea that she somehow doesn't deserve Hunter absurd: I'm not always a fan of Olivia but even she deserves better than him. I've spent the last two years dreading him proposing to her, so when she turned round and ran off I pretty much breathed a sigh of relief.Shame (for him) that Zac wasn't there to give Hunter the benefit of his experience and tell him never to invite the entire town to watch you propose.(Leah probably should have filled him in on that one instead of getting caught up in it.)Unlike with Zac, I've got no sympathy here."I hope this doesn't feel like an ambush,"he says when it's exactly that.We're probably meant to see Olivia's reaction as guilt but I like to think she saw that video full of smug selfies and ran a mile at the idea of sixty more years of that.

Still not wholly on board with Brody and Ziggy, but Sophie Dillman's doing her best to convince us Ziggy's in love and I kind of hope things work out.Good that Jarrod's finally faced facts.And I did like the little moment of Leah jokingly pointing out to Brody that he's left the Diner without telling anyone.

I couldn’t resist flicking 5Star on tonight, so I’m going to save my thoughts for tomorrow so I don’t accidentally spoil anything. 

However, What I will say is that Liv has dug a right hole here. She’s let this go on too far now and she’s gone and humiliated Hunter I front of everyone. Having said this, I’m very surprised he didn’t smell a rat to be honest. Or maybe he did and the proposal was his way of coping?? But Olivia hasn’t been herself for some time now and to the viewer its been pretty clear, you’d think Hunter would have noticed. I was just praying that after warnings from Irene and Ziggy she would’ve done the right thing....

Just to gauge opinion, and potentially avoid a lynchmob by just dropping it on you (:P), I'm thinking of starting a new UK Discussion thread for the 2018 season, with a new one each year thereafter.

Whilst this thread obviously holds a bit of sentimental value, it is getting a bit weighty after nearly 12 years and over 14,000 posts!

Weekly discussion threads like the Australian ones are probably overkill for the UK viewers, but a new thread for each season may make things a little more organised (and is handy if anyone ever wants to look back on discussions from certain years - which is a bit difficult in this thread!)

Any objections from those of you who participate in the discussion?

14 hours ago, pembie said:

Can't wait to read your thoughts on Hunter when he proposals to Oliva Red I think that was in the finale :wink:

It happened at the end of yesterday's episode... and RR1's reaction is above... which is lucky otherwise you'd have spoilt it.... :wink:

Sorry, can't always keep up when whose been on and when they haven't.

Buddy almost went into guard dog mode barking when he sensed Robbo's presence,  so handy Ash & Tori were indoors at that moment, only reason why he came back was to ask why she didn't meet him at the cottage.   I was worried Ash may have spotted them although they were amongst the trees, then Ash realises Kat has vanished and calls the cops. I did like Kat & Robbo's scene at the beach both  looking out at the sea, wondering when or if ever he'd see it again. Although it may seem odd to sympathise  for a professional hit man who's killed who knows how many, but I have to say I did when Robbo handed himself in.  That was quite a moving scene when the Yabby Creek cops, not Shepherd or the STF thank goodness, arrived and he handed himself over to them.  Neat twist that it was all done in silence and you saw Kat saying 'he's unarmed'.  No resistance from Robbo at all, but the look in his eyes said so much. Justin resisted hitting him but only just, as for Ash not only was Tori kidnapped, though totally unharmed, but his unborn baby could have been in danger. He often acts first and thinks later. For a cop McCarthy is being very unobservant by not noticing Kat is pregnant but did act professionally by still keeping her off the case. I'm glad they were allowed to speak later. A cottage in the middle of nowhere sounds an ideal place to hide away but they would have to eat, heat and light the place somehow so would have to have some contact with the outside world. I notice other plain clothes cops, not STF, turned up to take charge.  Tori got off pretty lightly when challenged by Kat for not handing over the address of the cottage.  I did get the spooky feeling Kat was saying goodbye to Ash when we saw their talk and she told him he and Tori made a much better couple than they ever did. The cops, understandably, would be suspicious of Robbo's amnesia but there would  be ways they could ascertain it was genuine and not the selective kind.

Justin did manage to squeeze in a bit of flirting with Willow in between all the drama.

I'm of the opposite opinion Red over Hunter he's been behind Liv all the way, they've had more than their fair share of traumas, but come through them so I think they should be together, even if sometimes she's been down on him, changing their plans as she has to answer Axel when he emails her, so does he deserve her? That thought crossed my mind Red  about Hunter not learning from Zac's mistake of making a public proposal.  I thought Hunter made a huge effort putting that video together, most unblokey,  and of course it was guilt that made her run, both Ziggy and Irene could see that, they were cringing at seeing Hunter look so chuffed anticipating the moment.  Leah to give her her due doesn't know what Irene and Ziggy do, and probably didn't want to burst his bubble.  Very quick mention of VJ from Leah saying he'd added his voice to the video. Currently not being a big Liv fan, I do like her earrings.  It may well have been a drunken one off but better to admit to that then let Hunter go on thinking everything was OK between them.  She ought to have done it a lot sooner, Hunter could have digested the information and decided if he still wanted to propose or not.

Finally Ziggy bit the bullet and told Jarrod where he stood, that although she had forgiven him there was no future for them because of Brody.  I did like her sneaking into the larder at Salt to give Brody the heads up that's him she's interested in, take it slow though guys, no need to rush.  That was funny Leah teasing Brody about him leaving without giving notice.

41 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Just to gauge opinion, and potentially avoid a lynchmob by just dropping it on you (:P), I'm thinking of starting a new UK Discussion thread for the 2018 season, with a new one each year thereafter.

Whilst this thread obviously holds a bit of sentimental value, it is getting a bit weighty after nearly 12 years and over 14,000 posts!

Weekly discussion threads like the Australian ones are probably overkill for the UK viewers, but a new thread for each season may make things a little more organised (and is handy if anyone ever wants to look back on discussions from certain years - which is a bit difficult in this thread!)

Any objections from those of you who participate in the discussion?

It happened at the end of yesterday's episode... and RR1's reaction is above... which is lucky otherwise you'd have spoilt it.... :wink:

Sounds like a sound plan Dan F, is that our season or the Aus one?

Did Hunter  get as far as proposing, I thought Liv ran off before he actually said the words?

43 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

Sounds like a sound plan Dan F, is that our season or the Aus one?

We'd stick with the Oz seasons for clarity, so on Monday it'd be a new one for the 2018 Season - but you're all clued up on when the season finales/premieres occur anyway and everyone would be well informed when it did come to switching to a new thread around this time each year, so I don't foresee any problems if we went with it :wink:

Archived