Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

I don't think Billie consciously planned her accusing Nate of assault. She flirted with him and made her feelings plain, he just wasn't biting he did put her right, gently,  when others pointed out to him it wasn't fair to keep her hoping. Methinks Jen saw Mason's turning her kiss down as a personal rejection whereas we know that although he was happy to flirt, when it came to being up close and personal he realised he wasn't ready yet.  Reminiscent of Chris & Hannah, he thought he was ready to move on when he flirted with a prospective new lady - can't remember her name - but it was too soon. It was plain from the start Jenny from the block was intent on getting with Hunter (she has to know he's with Olivia) or Mason.  She still had her little gang with her. It was so obvious she was trying to impress him at the boxing class, volunteering to be one in the demonstration, although her whacking him was an accident.  Not sure if that was a wise move in Mas offering  her one-to-one training even if what happened hadn't happened. I do think she has body issues hence her wanting to tone her self up due maybe to her previous unconfirmed eating disorder which was hinted at by Coco. Sadly it's going to be his word against hers, Hunter came in after he rejected her and all he heard was 'leave me alone'. She's going to make a big thing of him touching her as in the massaging her shoulders and make out he came on to her. The Morgan family just can't seem to get  a break can they, just as one member gets their life straight one of the others has a problem.

I'd forgotten that because he had a record Brody wouldn't be able to get a loan.  We have been there before with Mas, Tori and Justin but this time they are in at the beginning rather than after Brody had brought it without OK'ing it with them.  Didn't they all have a say in how it was run anyway?   At least they are getting it all done properly and terms written up by  a lawyer.  Salt was sold for $100,000 but how much are the current owners willing to sell it for, if they are that is.  I can see your reasoning that it could be too soon for Brody to be back in charge at Salt  and maybe working in another kitchen may be better initially to get used to being in  a kitchen environment again but there aren't that many other restaurants around,  apart from The Sands and this new French place. Salt was his baby and his dream.

Olivia is between a rock and a hard place, trying to distance herself from Axel, but having to work with him, he seems very reluctant to lave the bay btw, is he hoping to wear her down?  Ziggy pressurising her to tell Hunter the truth, Irene, although not saying anything, but gives knowing glances. Loving Hunter so naturally feeling guilty about that night which she keeps trying to justify to Ziggy as being one huge drunken mistake.  Was her keep telling Axel she was with Hunter more for him or her? Lovely idea of Hunter to compile that video though it did put Ziggy in a very uncomfortable position.  I know he hasn't been a saint in the past but Alf got it right Olivia has been the making of him.

After it being ignored or just brushed over after her challenging Alf Coco's new purpose seems to have moved on a tad with placard waving teens marching on the bait shop.:D

Ash & Kat somehow seemed to have located Beckett/Robbo's bait box, hopefully TPTB will let us in on the secret of how they did that.  A small quibble, but when we saw it last  it was open so we could see the money in yet, yet when they brought up, it's unopened :unsure: and they both get the shock of their lives when they find  a passport in the name of Beckett Reid. 

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Slade said:

Was that another dig?

Not specifically.But given that some people both on and off the show seemed to think Billie's actions were unforgivable and she deserved a massive case of in my opinion disproportionate retribution, it'll be interesting to see what the rules are here.Billie's actions were pre-meditated:She sent herself messages from Nate's phone to make it look like he was grooming her and had Chris set up as a witness.Conversely, I don't think Jennifer was trying to get Mason into trouble, she just seemed to be trying to get Hunter's sympathy...and it seems to have succeeded.He probably sees her as a kindred spirit.I notice she never actually admitted to lying though.

Ash and Kat make such a good team that I'm left wondering why they ever split up.Tori may have done them a favour by bailing.While the passport is new, it doesn't give us any information we haven't already got, and if Novak knew Robbo as Beckett Reid then it makes sense he'd have some documentation in that name.The question about his encounter with Dylan remains:Was Robbo really on his way to kill Kat and Dylan therefore trying to stop him, or was Robbo a double agent and Dylan found him out?Of course, Robbo bugging his own girlfriend doesn't exactly make him look like the good guy...I'd like to criticise Murray for his unprofessional behaviour in sneaking evidence out to Kat, but he's so damn lovable I can't bring myself to.

Okay, so it seems the show has no interest in actually following up on Ryder's sleeping problems and just used them as a plot device to justify Roo taking him off Quinn.That's my interpretation of the throwaway comments about normalising his sleeping patterns anyway, in which case we're apparently expected to assume that after seventeen years of Quinn struggling to find a solution and seeing tons of experts, Alf and Roo have simply had one meeting with Tori's magic friend and presumably paid him money to give them advice so spectacularly obvious that it's what Alf was already trying to do before Roo typically started undermining him.Meanwhile, Coco continues to be a bit of a brat and I loved Alf's put-downs to her and her cheer squad.As Ben and Maggie pointed out, there's no point Coco throwing tantrums at Alf over something he has no control over.That said, while some of her suggestions to Irene were over the top, I don't see any reason why the Diner shouldn't recycle properly.

Hunter did a good job there pouring oil on troubled waters, only now though it seems Jennifer has shifted her focus onto him  which he is oblivious of.  Was that who was after all along, but if so she couldn't have known Mason would turn to him and get him to mediate. She did accept Mason's reasoning she didn't admit to lying true but accepted there were misunderstanding on both sides. She did kind of hint there were  personal reasons why she was taking self defence lessons so maybe a troubled home life?  Hunter did get in a little dig about her behaviour at school while not mentioning Coco. 

Ryder's sleep problem was skimmed over, maybe the plan is Alf and Roo get him into  regular bedtimes, we have no idea of what time he was going to bed when Quinn was away.  

Coco seems very obsessed with her eco warrioring, but not that focused, switching from Alf and the over fishing in the bay to The Diner not re-cycling, echo's of April and the fight over plastic/glass water bottles. Maybe if she'd approached Irene when she wasn't so busy she may have listened to Coco's suggestion, no make that demand and Coco could have been less aggressive. Surely small businesses must get some sort of remuneration or incentive to aid them to re-cycle. It was quite topical as I espied plastic straws on the counter.

Wow that was a somewhat convoluted trail Kay & Ash went on.  No luck at the safe house, then Kat has the light bulb idea to go back to the beginning and voila she re-inspects the photo of Robbo or Beckett as he was then on the quay being held up by Dylan and Ash remarks he would have dropped the bait box.  I think Murray helped because he's fed up with Shepherd and Vincent treating the Yabby Creek cops like country bumpkins.  Would be one in the eye for the SF unit if they did crack it before them. As for said bait box the cops know it wasn't on the boat that Robbo/Beckett had been on so logical it had been dumped where he broke down. Going back though how long after what the CCTV captured was it looked at by the people at the marina? Were the Yabby Creek cops ever told if they knew who the men were? Then tracks the GPS trail to where it stopped when the boat packed up, though saying that it could have been dumped anywhere between the marina and the bay. So a different cove/bay from where Novak's body was found and quite a way out.  Lucky Ash found the box so quickly, even with help of the detector.  Not only was the box shut it was fastened, how did that happen since we last saw it, very clever fish, or was it a continuity error? Is Beckett Reid his real name, because if he is supposed to be this guy everyone is after would he, as a professional hit man,  really have a passport in that name?  We know his age at least 34. I'm going for the second theory Red, something changed Beckett's/Robbo's mind, I'm still being fanciful and say he fell for Kat so wouldn't do it, yet Dylan still forced him on the boat. We can only surmise, as Kat can, that there was a fight, Becket threw the box overboard, he was hit on the head, knocked whoever it was overboard and somehow made it to shore where he hid until Alf, Justin, Scarlett and Kat found him.  Kat is a better liar than Ash is chatting away to Ash with Robbo there in the room and 'sounding' fed up with his fretting and seemingly agreeing to meet him for breakfast.  Robbo wasn't totally fooled of course and it would have been interesting to know what he would have done if Kat & Ash weren't going to this 'new' diner in Yabby  Creek.  His Hyde side (sorry) is coming out. He does have all the gizmo's and very deft sticking the bug on the car. Must have really freaked out when he heard them mention Novak's place and would have been going bonkers not knowing what they were saying inside. Luckily Kay didn't let Ash know what her sudden idea was while driving back otherwise Robbo would have been waiting, actually I was half expecting him to be lurking among the trees when Murray brought Kat that info they had on Robbo.

Kat being Kat wants to deal with it in her own way, what is it with Yabby Creek cops that compels them to do that?  There was Jack, then Charlie now Kat. How long can Ash fob Robbo off for to let Kat do whatever it is she is planning?

Don't know about Willow looking like Meghan Markle, but I'm  getting confused with the blondes we've got on the programme, at first I thought Jenny was Ziggy when I saw her from behind at the Surf club.  Complete aside but is Olivia's new look her normal hairstyle or was it the curly style?

Willow does seem to know what she is doing exercise wise, John would have been a right dumpty, well more than usual, not to make sure she had some qualifications.  The club would get sued if a member injured themselves due to dodgy instructions.

20 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Not specifically.But given that some people both on and off the show seemed to think Billie's actions were unforgivable and she deserved a massive case of in my opinion disproportionate retribution, it'll be interesting to see what the rules are here.

Without getting too much into this again, I'm curious as to who you think on the show thought her actions were unforgivable.  I can't think of any characters (even Nate forgave her and was fairly sympathetic towards her when she got pregnant) unless you are referring to the script writers but I would have thought they were simply trying to produce storylines which they believed would entertain the masses.

I didn't quite get Hunter.  In the previous episode he warned Mason to stay away from Jen because he said she's bad news but he immediately takes her side over Mason's over the kissing allegation and ends up giving her his phone number.  If there isn't any romantic feelings then I don't see how she's his problem and why he would go out of his way to help her like that (The cynic in me is thinking she could feature in the Olivia/Axel storyline).  In saying that I actually quite liked Jen in that episode.  She only made up Mason kissing her because presumably she thought Hunter saw everything and didn't want to deal with the humiliation at being rejected.  It's hard to tell but I would infer from what Hunter said and her last meeting with Coco that Jen's pretty much a loner now.  Which would explain why she is was so forward with Mason and why she's suddenly switched her attention to Hunter.  I really liked the scene where Mason apologised to Jen - Not that he needed to of course.  But I thought he handled her really well and once she found out about Beth, realised that it really wasn't her and that he himself had a lot of stuff to deal with and it's probably likely to remain like that for the time being.  Shame he had to reject her though as I think they could have been interesting together.  In spite of what I said above I liked the stuff with her and Hunter and the Diner as well.  If she drops the repugnant behaviour she could potentially be a welcome addition.  Did I mention that she's cute?  Mason seemed to agree with me on that.

Thought Coco was quite disrespectful confronting Alf and Roo like that when they were sitting down drinking at the Diner.  I quite liked Alf's mocking attitude but yet again Roo goes too easy.  Let me guess it's because Ryder fancies her and Roo didn't want to upset him but messing with his potential girlfriend.  I did find the scene with Irene quite funny.  I'm not sure if Coco represents a typical eco warrior to quote Irene but she seemed somewhat detached from reality.  Irene has bills to pay and has to put food on the table.  Does Coco really think she's suddenly going to change everything on her say-so for the sake of the environment?  The thing with recycling is that it has to be a) convenient and b) economical.  Does Summer Bay have a local recycling facility or is there one within reasonable proximity?  And is this free or would businesses have to pay for it?  Wouldn't have minded seeing a bit of continuity as Coco and Jen were both in the Diner at the same time although if Jen has decided that she likes Hunter and Coco is obsessed with saving the environment they may have been genuinely oblivious to each other.  Or perhaps they decided off screen just to ignore one another.

3 hours ago, Slade said:

Without getting too much into this again, I'm curious as to who you think on the show thought her actions were unforgivable.  I can't think of any characters (even Nate forgave her and was fairly sympathetic towards her when she got pregnant) unless you are referring to the script writers but I would have thought they were simply trying to produce storylines which they believed would entertain the masses.

Yeah, that was basically what I meant. It was always hard to shake the feeling that those who make the show felt Billie needed some sort of karmic punishment.And they definitely gave her punishment in spades.

Alf's episode count this week:Four. Irene and Ash were also in four.Marilyn was only in one.

Aside from being a bit paranoid about Robbo, I think Ash is actually coming across quite well and reasonable, which given some of the comments I heard when this screened in Oz I wasn't expecting.I may have to reassess my conviction that Robbo wouldn't harm Kat after that ending, although I still don't think he'd physically hurt her.Ash is right that they need to let the police sort this out, and I guess Kat agrees with him to an extent.I can see why she'd want to explain the situation to Robbo and convince him to go to the police voluntarily rather than go to the police behind his back and send them to pick him up, but she badly misjudged the situation, not realising Robbo already knows everything she knows.(But, unless I've forgotten something, not anything else of importance as he seemed to suggest?Oh, Novak's death, I guess.He remembers doing that one...)Hindsight's 20/20 but she might have avoided trouble by being honest with Ash about her intentions and getting him to wait outside.

Coco is increasingly coming across as a rebel without a cause, yelling out whatever facts she's got off the internet whilst not really having any practical ideas.It was telling that she needed Ryder, who's hardly the most mature person present, to point out a viable alternative to plastic straws.I'm pretty aghast at the idea of the Diner using disposable cutlery: Surely a place like that would use the sort of cutlery that you wash and then use again?Unless they were talking about stuff they hand out for takeaways and I misunderstood, but then Coco was talking as if the Diner throws cutlery away and Irene didn't seem to disagree.I can't say I'm particularly interested in the idea of romance between Ryder and Coco.I notice that despite the age gaps the show seems to be working out a way to have Coco, Raffy and Ryder all in the same year, with Raffy being moved up and Ryder being kept down.

Maz came out best in the recycling debate/debacle, she at least made reasonable suggestions, she'd already made a start when she gave John a cup rather than a throw away carton, that's what been suggested here, but it can't happen overnight. I thought there was some kind of local recycling facility  when back in the day April made her protest over the overuse of plastic bottles.:unsure:  I remember the days when all there was was paper straws. Seemed Coco had done her research, but it has to be tempered to small local businesses like Irene's. Ben is the owner of the Diner so wouldn't it be down to him to make enquires?  When you get all fired up like Coco did being respectful does tend to go out of the window.  Ryder wants to impress Coco hence his behaviour and at least he's taken an interest in something. I hope it's going to be an on going thing and not forgotten, it is a pretty topical concern at the moment.

Ash managed to be totally on Kat's side without any romantic feelings coming into it, he's just being caring as any friend would. He gave Irene as much info as he could without revealing too much and told her Tori didn't know anything as he didn't want her getting into danger. Kat felt she owed Robbo, the gentle guy she loves, the chance to explain, but still told Ash she would go to the cops, but didn't, where did she go in between leaving Ash and turning up at the flat?  Shock revelations on both sides, her telling  him she knew who he was and him telling her he'd known for weeks. He still doesn't remember what happened on the boat or what led to it, although he does recall being Beckett Reid and what he was before. He does scare me when he gets that look in his eyes, but he loves Kat and would never deliberately  hurt her. I get the feeling he's trapped between his old self and his new self (which may have been his old old self before he became a hitman).

Hunter probably feels safe getting friendly with Jen as he's with Olivia and Mason's single and vulnerable to predatory females.  I guess he can emphasis with her because he's been the hate figure, although I don't remember him being a bully.

Ryder, despite his health problems, whatever they are, doesn't have the baggage VJ did, I'm supposing Coco knows he's gone by now.  He is only a year older than Coco.  There probably will be the usual juggling that happens at SBH to fit the characters TPTB are currently invested in to be in the same year, look at VJ and Hunter.

Archived