Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Had mixed feelings about Tori.  In one hand I was disgusted the way she brought Ash to the hospital and basically forced Kat into telling him about the baby (I agree strictly speaking that she didn't break patient confidentiality but I wonder what would have happened had Kat reported her) especially given that in the episode before she was quite prepared to leave the bay with Ash and not tell Kat the truth.  But on the other hand I can't help but think as a person what would be the right thing to do.  He had a right to know and I accept given the situation there was no time but I still don't like it.  It's hard to tell whether Tori actually handed her notice in or whether she was just going to leave without telling the hospital.  I would have thought a position such as hers she would have to give at least a month to allow the hospital time to find a replacement.  She didn't seem too keen on Ash wanting to stay so she was obviously dead set on leaving.

Found myself once again annoyed at the pack mentality towards Mick so much so that I'm rooting for him now.  Although there's no way the show will allow him to end up with Luc.

Felt a bit sorry for Robbo when he found out the baby wasn't his.  Given what happened with Novak I do agree this seemed like some sort of redemption for him but not now I guess.

Is that bitch Willow still around?  Once again just watching her in that episode.  Virtually nothing likeable about her whatsoever.  Seems reasonably self-absorbed and it feels to me she is a person who has a sense of entitlement.  As much as I dislike Ben he was spot on.  Justin is an idiot although he's not thinking with his brain and I guess in this case a dog isn't a man's best friend.  Not when he's got a hot chick in front of him.  I'm quite happy for that guy to do whatever he has to to Willow if she doesn't come up with the money.  But as mentioned above the problem is Justin is now involved.   I don't particularly care about him although I'm not rooting for something bad to happen to him either.  I'm more concerned that other innocent people will be dragged in such as Raffy, Brody, Tori etc.  And don't think they deserve any of this because Justin can't resist a bit of skirt.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts is that Novak does like to watch people see what is going to happen to them rather than a quick death, perhaps that's how he got his kicks. Revelation  it was Robbo's dumping ground not his and that is where they first met introduced by Leon I think he said. Was he actually being understanding of Robbo's change of heart or just taunting him? Robbo does have a certain look in his eyes when he's going to do something violent evoking his inner Beckett, he hesitated just long enough for Novak to free his hands and wrestle the gun away from him. Why didn't Robbo bind Novak's legs together before dumping him in the boot?  It would have made it harder for Novak to fight back. Although off screen I'm thinking they were both fighting with the gun when it went off. Didn't Novak say Beckett didn't like to shoot people facing him? He's going to feel kind of torn, he knows Novak is never coming back which would mean Kat doesn't need a guard but that would mean revealing what has happened.  It did seem odd it was such a long time before Robbo contacted McCarthy to update him. Wow Kat actually had two guards on the door, though being SB that doesn't necessarily guarantee safety. At some point the guys behind Beckett and Novak are going to realise he's not coming back and send someone else, someone not known to anyone and not looking  like a killer. Of course now Novak is dead Robbo won't find any more about his past as Beckett unless

Yes, of course Red, I'd forgotten about Ash, Kyle and Phoebe, the other who's the daddy storyline!  Tori may well have bulldozed Kat into telling Ash, but she didn't break any ethical rules and maybe because of the situation she felt he ought to know before leaving (or not as it turned out).  Kat doesn't know about his plan to skip town with Luc and it may have comprised her too down the line, assuming, that at the moment she doesn't know of Mick's plan to go for custody. She talked about them having five months to discuss what they were going to do. Ash and Robbo would have realised sooner or later, Billie got away with a couple of weeks I think it was, but being two months further along is pushing it, they may be blokes, sorry guys, but they aren't stupid. Mind, she isn't showing any other outward symptoms she's 15 weeks, she still looks very slim and apart from the morning sickness that's it. It's certainly thrown Ash's plan up in the air and of course everyone else is affected.  it was a bit awkward again when both Ash and Robbo were in the room with Kat, Ash knowing and Robbo not.

I know he's probably not been a very good guy in the past, in fact a real bad man, who's killed and tortured people, but I felt so sorry for Robbo when he found out about Ash being the dad, he looked so heart broken in the lift and all he did was to tear those notices of the wall and then he collapsed. It's going to make things interesting between Ash & Robbo from now on.  We know Ash is good with babies from the way he behaves with Luc, but Robbo is an unknown quantity.  The baby news does make Ash & Tori's romance awkward, she'll want to be the supportive girlfriend but having Kat so close by is going to put a strain on it, she and Kat have only just made up.

If NDH is anything like Holby City you can just up and leave, two top docs quit from there without any notice not long back. Tori didn't or hadn't time to give  a months notice, she'd only decided to go with Ash a couple of days beforehand. Of course, :rolleyes:, Mick had to overhear Ash and Tori's conversation and though not hearing the important details he knew something was up so was straight round to the Diner to quiz Irene, who was, a couple of moments before, been at the SB house wondering where Ash & Tori were.  She did correctly state Mick may have mental problems but he's not dumb after all he researched into obtaining  DNA before applying for custody. When they did turn up and explained there had been a change of plans Tori quite rightly said nothing as to the reason, but Ash was able to seeing as he is the dad. He's another one who must feel torn wants to leave to protect Luc but also wants to stay and be by Kat's side through her pregnancy. Then of course who bursts in but Mick shouting he's applying for custody now! I think it was Alf who asked does he, Mick, realise how much it was going cost which got me thinking where is he getting all the money from to pay for this court case and lawyer?  He's still at the motel and I'm guessing Irene is no longer sending him food parcels so  that's more to pay out for.

I understand your sympathy towards Mick, but as this latest outburst at them all proved he is not fit to look after Luc, if he had been halfway reasonable none of this would be happening.  Made me think, gosh I'm doing a lot of that,  would he be able to keep calm long enough in court being questioned as to why he thinks he'd be a worthy and good parent to Luc, he can blow up so quickly which would dash any chance he ever had.

You could practically hear the cogs turning in VJ's head when Ash revealed his news and his decision to stay.  Unless he's going to be staying with Theo and Helen there are problems though, one being Leah not wanting him to go, the matter of him just finishing school and not having had any sort of full time job so no money behind him to start with.  He'd be a young, single parent so would have to pay out for child care.  Alf by the sound of it had come up with a cunning plan.

Willow's assertion the biker gang wouldn't know where to look for her went awry pretty quickly as Boyd told Justin said he'd seen her car in town.  Justin so fancies her and I'm with him she's putting on a very good front at being tough, I'd like to think she's doing 'jobs' for the boys because of her nan.  How did Boyd know where Justin lived, notice he got in without it seemed not forcing any locks and where was Buddy?

What made Coco change her mind about having Diana move to the bay, she told Ziggy no way would she try and persuade her to go, next she's suggesting she go and stay with her for  while until their aunt, first we've heard that Maggie wasn't an only child, comes back from London.  It was amusing hearing Ben & Maggie give Diana all sorts of reasons why it's not  a good idea to move to the bay. I suppose Ziggy filled Ben in about Willow hence his advice to Justin but since when did Justin take advice?

Nice exchange between Tori and Justin, before the baby bombshell, about how he'd keep the others in order and she asked who was going to keep him in order.

Surprise appearance, either tonight or tomorrow of Quinn! But what was with her remark to Ryder about so this is where he'd been hiding she knew he was there.

Well...I found that very satisfying. The only bit I didn't like was the opening conversation between Ash and Tori about VJ's history, which felt like Ash and the show still refusing to admit VJ would have been fine looking after Luc if Ash hadn't taken her.But she's back where she belongs at last, with her real father.I was worried, given the urgency, that VJ was going to be rushed onto a flight that afternoon without a proper goodbye, so I'm glad he got that last dinner and a farewell speech from Alf...who has been less than supportive of VJ during this storyline, being Team Ash and acting as though the Pattersons have no right to Luc as recently as last week as if he's forgotten what show he's in, so it was nice to see him wholly on board here.I'm glad VJ got his last moment with Hunter and Olivia, which I think was the most important goodbye after Leah.And the delicious downfall of Mick: He's been playing the system for over a year, weaselling his way out of the consequences of his actions and expecting a reward for raping someone.But finally he came across as the impotent pathetic little man he is when he gets stonewalled by Stevenson and finds the law isn't on his side for once: He's nothing to Luc and always will be.And Irene casually keeping him busy with the truths he refuses to believe until she sees the plane and realises he's lost and doesn't even know it.Maybe they've all lost except for VJ and Luc, and perhaps Billie, and maybe that's the way it should be.(A part of me does wish Billie was going with them in person as well as in spirit, and another part wonders whether we'd have lost anything of value if the three of them had gone off together at the start of the season instead of her dying.I can't help wondering if this is another example of the show misjudging its audience and expecting more people to be behind Ash taking custody than there were.At least they got it right in the end.)Somehow I can't feel sorry for Leah despite mostly being on the same side as her during the custody issue.It's about the only thing I have been on her side over this year.I'm slightly confused by VJ's seaplane exit:Surely it's not flying him all the way to Cyprus?Is it going to fly him to the city so he can catch an earlier flight?

As for the legality, well as was pointed out here Mick has no rights to Luc at present, the injunction wasn't in place in time to stop him leaving, Ash had been awarded custody (it's been pointed out it was only temporary but I think we were over the six months so possibly it's permanent by now) and had given VJ full permission and seemingly signed guardianship over to him, so I don't think VJ's a fugitive.I guess they're banking on Mick not having the resources to track them down and fight an international custody battle.

Meanwhile...I guess Willow shows she's not 100% bad by doing a deal to keep Justin out of trouble.I'm still not entirely sure why Justin is risking so much for her though.When she said that if he called the police it would get her in trouble, I had to wonder why he wouldn't see that as a decent sacrifice to keep himself and potentially his family out of danger.There has to be a limit to how far he'll go to protect someone he barely knows and who has brought trouble to both their doors.Also, it's beginning to feel like she's being set up as Scarlett's replacement and I'd really like to know what led to that decision.

8 hours ago, baywatcher said:

I've only just returned to watching H&A after about 9 years, so I'm not clear on who is who in the Luc saga.  Just to say, won't VJ now be considered a fugitive from justice who will end up with a criminal record (assuming it becomes known he took her)?

Welcome home to the bay ☺️.

In a nutshell, VJ was with A girl named Billie (Ash’s sister) who was raped by Mick and subsequently had Luc but tragically died shortly after birth, leaving Luc one VJs care. VJ and Ash has a long custody game of tug of war and Luc is now in custody of Ash. Well, until today.

Billies rape was never reported to the police incase you were wondering why Mick is wandering around.

i just agree with Red that Luc is back where she belongs, with VJ, although I’m not entirely happy he has left the bay and Leah. I feel like Leah is going to become a spare part. I hope he returns some day, although as mentioned, he will have kidnapping charges to tend with.

6 hours ago, 630si said:

Welcome home to the bay ☺️.

In a nutshell, VJ was with A girl named Billie (Ash’s sister) who was raped by Mick and subsequently had Luc but tragically died shortly after birth, leaving Luc one VJs care. VJ and Ash has a long custody game of tug of war and Luc is now in custody of Ash. Well, until today.

Billies rape was never reported to the police incase you were wondering why Mick is wandering around.

i just agree with Red that Luc is back where she belongs, with VJ, although I’m not entirely happy he has left the bay and Leah. I feel like Leah is going to become a spare part. I hope he returns some day, although as mentioned, he will have kidnapping charges to tend with.

Thank you :).

Also, thanks for the explanation about VJ and Luc. Nice and concise!

12 hours ago, 630si said:

I hope he returns some day, although as mentioned, he will have kidnapping charges to tend with.

No he won't. There was no injunction in place (as they caught the earlier flight - hence the seaplane to get there in time), and Luc's guardian Ash had given permission (including a signed letter as mentioned as they left).  Luc has not been kidnapped.

Ignoring Summer Bay law which doesn't always match actual law for a minute, Mick's intention to go for custody (as in his word saying that he is going to) is not legally binding. Until something is lodged formally - like the injunction which would prohibit Luc from leaving the country until the case was heard or a court order, it doesn't matter. Having said that, if VJ had run off to Cyprus instead of handing Luc to Ash, that may have been kidnapping. If VJ returns with Luc, theoretically Mick could prevent Luc from leaving again if the injunction is still valid at the time

2 hours ago, 630si said:

Sure, but is there not a chance he could be ordered to hand Luc to Mick, and in which case if he’s off galavanting he could get in trouble?

Depends if the custody hearing goes ahead I guess. Would that be feasible if the person being argued over, in this case Luc, is not around? Even if it does, as I posted earlier Mick's instability under questioning would probably go against him.

Anyways it was quite a sad episode for all concerned.  I can see why Ash was concerned about VJ having custody/guardianship of Luc after the initial problems he had when looking after her, but even he struggled with her constant crying, VJ had only recently lost Billie so was still in mourning, was studying for his HSC, plus even Leah found it hard.  Thankfully the reason was solved via surgery so now she is a normal happy baby. The babies who play her are little darlings, I'll miss her, I loved it the other night, before everything changed, when VJ said he was putting her down for a sleep so Ash wouldn't have to cope with a grizzly baby on the flight and as if knowing her cue she rubbed her eyes.:wub:  TPTB picked the right girl(s) as they are so happy being passed around to different adults. I feel sorry for Luc really as she has been moved from home to home, parent to parent, although when she was very little it wasn't a problem, but now she's old enough to have got to know Ash as being a constant in her young life, along with first Kat, then Tori,  Irene is another familiar figure in her life.  Now she's been passed back to VJ who is also taking her away from her usual surroundings as well as everyone she knows, it must be so confusing for her.  It's Cyprus he's going to then to stay with Leah's brother(?), bit garbled about who he & Luc would be staying with.  All this must be costing a packet, not that matters, Ash & Tori lost their money on the non flight to New Zealand, new tickets for VJ & Luc, paying for the sea plane charter, good thinking there Alf.  I knew Leah would have objections but VJ talked her round by giving a very grown up argument as to why it was the only way. He and Ash had an adult conversation about it too, convincing Ash VJ had indeed grown up a lot in the last year. According to H&A Aussie time Luc was born 31st January so just a year old.  VJ has written permission from Ash to take Luc abroad, guess he'll need that if questioned as to his relationship to Luc at emigration.  Must have been hard for Irene distracting Mick and not being able to say one more farewell to Luc and seeing the plane take off. Ash is going to miss her so much, time to get in touch with her name sake perhaps. " You're not to say anything to anyone" was the warning so VJ tells Hunter & Olivia but then Irene told Roo!!:rolleyes:  Fair dos to them though, they never told anyone else, Ryder must have been in the loop, been hard to keep him out.  Lovely goodbye  meal, Leah cooking up a storm which is what she does when upset. Beautiful gift from Olivia and Hunter and Leah giving VJ Vinnie's wedding ring.  I did have to smile when Mick had  a melt down at the police station accusing Ash & Tori of running off with Luc and Ash was able to say quite truthfully that they weren't going anywhere. As Irene said earlier, he may have mental issues but he is not dumb, he's very astute at picking up on things, he's got a very quick brain. He is going to really lose it when he finds out they all out thought him.

Willow is/was putting up a front of being tough, and finally admitted to Justin she's scared of Boyd & his heavies. I'm guessing the car may have belonged to her late dad which is why she is so reluctant to sell it.:unsure:  She can't be all that bad, Buddy likes her.    How did she get involved with them in the first place? The Morgan's have a granny flat - since when?:huh:  Justin does know what it is like to be pursued by bad guys, these bikers are amateurs compared to the ones they were on the run from. 

Archived