2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, at least the show isn't expecting us to be surprised that the obvious suspect did it like they were with Susie last year: The episode pretty much confirmed Nathan's guilty by showing him hiding a hefty-looking tool. I suppose it could have been one of Dean's River Boy mates being a bit over-enthusiastic or one of the other card players but they haven't really had enough screentime. I'm guessing Felicity's checks on Nathan just covered his involvement in other poker games, not his finances.

Felicity's attitude towards Mackenzie is one of those things that I get but I don't. Sure, she warned Mackenzie about PK (and Mackenzie being so quick to agree with the "Don't call an ambulance" plan probably doesn't help) but she's had her back for ages and now suddenly she's sniping at her every chance she gets.Especially since Tane clearly isn't holding a grudge.Logan has more reason to feel aggrieved given the way Mackenzie would rather do all this than trust him and then dragged him into it anyway.Suddenly Felicity can manage some decent half-truths, which no-one could last week.If the poker nights do come out, that means they risked Tane's life for nothing...

With Rose busy elsewhere, Jasmine gets to be Xander's ear to bend. Sounds like his previous behaviour wasn't malicious, he just misread the situation, much like here. I'm not sure that Jasmine having a talk with Millie is really going to achieve anything.

On 03/07/2022 at 15:21, pembie said:

The thing I don’t understand is how Felicity didn’t find out about Nathan when she ran her background checks on him I would have thought the one thing you would check were depts 

Maybe when Nathan was chosen for the games he was financially stable, she wouldn't need to check up on him every time and he'd hardly be  likely to admit things weren't good money wise.  Besides other members would have backed him as being trustworthy and able to pay his way. 

Oh so obvious to us  it's Nathan although he doesn't seem a likely suspect to the others.  I bet PK didn't count him as someone who could harm him. He thought Nathan was so under his thumb he was complacent  enough to meet him alone, let him get behind him and then whack!  Maybe PK pushed Nathan too far just that one time too often. Nathan was quick to drop Dean's name in it to Rose and Cash and not just his word as Mac was there.  OK, OK usual soap failing of cops arresting/taking in the wrong person for a crime, does Dean have an alibi as we're not sure when PK was killed, didn't the pathologist say he'd been dead a couple of days and had only just been dumped on the beach?  RB's don't need weapons, they've got their fists and as far as I can remember they don't do sneaky.

It wouldn't be unreasonable for Dean to have a wrench in his car, he's a mechanic after all, but wouldn't his prints be all over it if it was his.  Nathan wiped the prints off but we know how clever forensics are now so even if had wiped the business end it'd still have some of PK's blood on it. 

To be fair Felicity did try and warn Mac off several times about PK but she'd got herself in so deep she couldn't get out.  Mac really didn't intend for it to go this far, it was only meant to be one game - yeh right we all knew that was going to happen - but a few more games with the usual gang, not playing for high stakes, just having fun and building up Mac's funds so she could keep her business afloat and keep people in their jobs.   Then PK via Nathan gets into it and it all turns nasty. 

They bluffed out the 'grilling' from Rose & Cash - should he have been there seeing as Flick is his sister -  and they all followed Flick's lead by saying Mac had got herself into PK's clutches by borrowing money from him and that he was pressurising her to pay it back.  Will someone tell her what they said before the cops get to her?  Oh and it looks like Homicide are going to let the Yabbie Creek guys and gals handle it for now. 

Cash looked a bit suss seeing how Tane was wincing a bit but the others just ignored the odd looks.  The thank you Tane gave Logan was really heartfelt.?

I don't think Mac didn't tell Logan because she didn't trust him more she thought he'd be disappointed or ashamed of her for getting into such dire straits. He had already bailed her out and likely thought she couldn't ask for more money.  She is an independent woman and wanted to fix it by herself, if it had been the other way around Logan wouldn't want Mac bailing him out twice.  She should have given him more credit to back her. 

Reminded me a bit of the opening scenes of Broadchurch when Jas, Xander and other locals were loitering about.  All Dean heard was a dead body had been found which is another reason it couldn't be him as he'd would have been more jittery.  

I know last week Rose was cagey when Jas was asking questions of her about Xander but it wasn't her secret to reveal so it's good he's told her.  Millie does seem very determined she is not going to be blamed but I ask again wouldn't the police be looking at her car too? I don't think the fact Jasmine is his sister cut much ice or even helped, he may not be happy Jas interfered.  

It was daft of Ziggy and Dean to come up with a fake alibi, especially one which didn't even come close to standing up to examination when the police looked into it. It's just made him look even more guilty, not helped by him having a blood-splattered wrench in his car, and he's had to admit to what really happened anyway. When Mackenzie and Felicity had that slanging match, I was thinking this falling-out was going to go on for a while, so I was surprised but very pleased when they'd sorted it out by the end of the episode and got their friendship back.

Talking of, with Ryder gone (but, pleasingly, still texting!), Bella was desperately in need of an uncomplicated, supportive friend and...welcome back, Emmett! Their scenes were nicely relaxed and he's made her a very tempting offer... And he could be what Mackenzie needs too! (No, not like that...)

They had to think on their feet when Zig and Dean were asked about where they were that certain afternoon. Do the cops think Dean would really leave a  blood splattered wrench in his boot and equally dump the body of the guy he was known to have threatened  and have beaten up on the beach where he lives, how thick do they think he is?  It does ask the question though where Nathan had hidden PK's body the two days before he unloaded it on the beach.?  Could PK have ordered Nathan to come and pick him up, blamed him for getting him kidnapped and knocked about, threatening to aske   him really pay  and Nathan snapped? 

I don't remember seeing John when Dean threatened PK with violence I thought it was just Mac and Nathan there up in SALT??

As he's got to be one of the  suspects wouldn't Cash & Rose be looking into Nathan's alibi too now they know when PK was killed.

Although Felicity or Tane weren't able to warn Mac before she was asked in for questioning she picked up about PK approaching her about taking out a loan and followed through without realising she was backing Flick's story.  That was quite a bust up before with  Mac & Flick both blaming each other but as Tane very reasonably explained Mac is an adult Flick didn't hold a gun to her head when she first took Flick up on her suggestion.  It was good to see them make up, maybe they'll have thoughts about who killed PK.  They've all got to be in agreement with each other anyway, because it's not just Mac that will be in trouble if it comes out about the illegal poker games, they all will be involved including the other players. 

It's always lovely to 'hear' from Ryder, hope he doesn't just fade away like most people do when they leave the bay. It was great to see Emmett,? it had to happen of course when Bella was taking photographs.  Btw we got to actually hear her say, she's is earning some money and gone back to TAFE.  Their scenes were easy though she didn't take long to suss he was holding something back and what an offer!  She had a lot to fill him in on. Three months is going to be some time and Nik, as we saw, isn't going to be happy.   

Mac was rather stunned to see him and he has a lot to catch up on.  They left it up in the air when he left for the States didn't they as she wasn't in the right place and neither is she now.  I don't know what you could mean Red.??

John was there when Dean and PK got into an altercation at the surf club, splitting them up, and later followed Dean following PK to his car. The police have let Dean go for now so they're obviously trying not to jump to conclusions.(I guess Cash is trying to learn from past mistakes!) It takes Mackenzie to point out that Nathan's the most likely suspect.If Ziggy doesn't like the way Dean handles things, then she should have thought of that before getting back with him.

Okay, now Roo's just being weird.It's like the battle's been won and she's still fighting, determined to drag Martha back to full health by any means necessary.Honestly, even Marilyn can see she's being eccentric and is trying to be the voice of reason.

And we're back to Nikau being annoyingly childish.Emmett did nothing wrong back then, whereas Nikau was the one who was very quick to think the worst of Bella and hook up with someone else, then ruined her exhibition and assaulted Emmett into the bargain.Looks like Bella's considering the New York job then, even if she'd rather have Nikau with her.

But did John hear Dean threaten PK with his 'boys' sorting out his 'boys'?   As there were no prints on the wrench they don't have any proof Dean was involved.  Of course the police don't know about any of the other likely suspects.  As for Dean getting the RB's looking into Nathan's pals that is a none starter.  I get he was angry/scared that PK threatened Jai, RB's don't do that, part of their code. Felicity would be the best person as she knows who they are and be discreet about it.

Shame Mac can't let Emmett know what is really going on with her life, they could have been a good couple if he wasn't jet setting off all over the world. He's not pushing what has happened. 

Looks like  Roo is back in control freak mode by the way she's acting, OK no problem them taking a leisurely stroll  around the corridor, docs like patients to be up and about as soon as they can to prevent DVT, but Roo's plan is full on and as for her saying she won't leave hospital without Martha is plain daft. Could the hospital force her out, wouldn't they need the bed?  Martha needs to tell her to do one. 

OK Nik was throwing his toys out of the pram and although Emmett wasn't anything to do with what happened with him and Sienna, it would bring back some bad memories for both of them.  I thought back then although he came across as savvy he was quite insecure which made him think Bella could cheat with Emmett.  John, this time, was being wise and putting into words what Nik was thinking about what if Bella didn't want to come back after her stint. OK her asking him to go with her but what is he going to be doing while she's working and he's only just taken up the job John fought for him to get, which he loves btw, wouldn't that be kicking him in the teeth and be very ungrateful. 

Seems Roo isn't the only one interfering if what it really looked like what Leah was implying to Chloe and not that subtly. I got the double meaning and as Chloe's not stupid  I imagine she did too.?  There are better ways of 'asking' if she is going to muck Theo about.  She didn't cheat on him which is usually a biggie. 

9 hours ago, H&Alover said:

But did John hear Dean threaten PK with his 'boys' sorting out his 'boys'? 

Well, if you want to be precise, he heard him threaten to tear him apart.

So Nikau's decided to stay.Probably for the best.John was quite supportive but needed to let him get a word in edgeways sometimes. And Roo has been persuaded to leave the hospital although she's not exactly being cool, calm and collected about it, going into a panic at the idea of something happening to Martha when she's not looking.

i get that Leah meant well but crikey, could she be any more on the nose? Even Justin was desperately trying to tell her to rein it in. To be fair, Chloe did treat Theo pretty badly the first time they hooked up, but playing the overprotective aunt is not going to do him any favours. I did like his reaction to her suggesting a family meal with Tane and Nikau!

Archived